Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos (926 Views)

DOG FUNERAL - US Police Dog Given State Burial. / Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by Amastermovic(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2014
From the obituary notice, it was obvious that something atypical was about to happen. Posted in many places around Ikeja, it left many with mouths agape in utter bewilderment.
The obituary read:Transition: With gratitude to God for a life well spent, we the family of Tracy, Lion. Quincy and Adriano wish to announce the sorrowful departure of our father, Dr. Papilo Cannan that died on November 17, 2014, after a brief illness. Aged 15, may his gentle soul rest in peace.”
Well, nothing really strange in the obituary. Except that the deceased was – wait for it – a dog!
Last Saturday, November 29, Oshifila Street, Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos State, was agog, as a dead dog, a male Alsatian, popularly known as Dr. Papilo in its lifetime, was given a befitting burial by its owner.
A day before the burial, a service of songs was held for the dog at Cannan Hotel, Ikeja.
At the burial, there was plenty to eat and drink, just as guests were thoroughly entertained by the Nigerian Army Band. A detachment of mobile policemen at the event also gave the deceased dog a seven-gun salute.

Re: Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by holatin(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2014
I wount talk yet until dem start giving cat grand burial
Re: Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by echobee(f): 7:47am On Dec 03, 2014
Wonders shall never end grin
Re: Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by Amastermovic(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
I wount talk yet until dem start giving cat grand burial
echobee:
Wonders shall never end grin
• He was my first child, friend, business partner, says owner,
Naija don dey upgrade
Re: Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by holatin(m): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Amastermovic:

• He was my first child, friend, business partner, says owner,
Naija don dey upgrade
when some human never Ve grand burial
Re: Dog Gets Grand Burial In Lagos by FLAWLES(f): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2014

(1) (Reply)

If You've Ever Wondered Why Dogs Walk In Circles Before Lying Down, Here's Your / How To Avoid A Dog Attack / 8,000 Young Black Layers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.