Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. (1389 Views)

Yipppppppppppppee God Bless The Graphic Designers: Happy Holiday. / Want To Learn The Graphic Business And Make Cool Cash? / The Graphic Novel You Have Been Waiting For! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2008
I think Seun should separate the graphic design section from the Video production section. All in favour say I!!!!!!!!!
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by uspry1(f): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2008
I seconded your favor in agreement with being separated the sections of Graphic design and Video Production as child boards. grin

Hard for me to look for mixed up the combination of graphic design and video production in one board together.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2008
Please help! We need a clear distinction!!!! Thanks for response and keep up the good work.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by OmniPotens(m): 4:09am On Dec 03, 2008
I agree with you all as well. Contents are really getting mixed up so much here.

Another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202934.0.html is suggesting a different thread for Advertisng Media people who work in advertising. Well, let's hope the Admin will do something here.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2008
yaaaaaaaaaaaa, there should be a distinct, soji can also moderate that too as well
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by ajayi1(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2008
The seperation is good. But i think what happen is that how many ppl are ready to post under video production?
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 11:18am On Dec 03, 2008
The practitioners.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2008
thank soji, only the practitioners
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2008
Where will the 3D modellers and animators post if the section is divided into graphics and video?
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
simple! as we all know  here under graphic section make it this way 2D/3D Graphics Only then another Video Production only the last and not the least is Advertising / Media,  this falls under Print AD, TV Ad, and other advertising media this is meant for the practioners only just count i and sojio for moderators if you still contemplating for moderators  for graphic section
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
But 3D animation is video.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by ajayi1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
Seun
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
3D video ? then if you say so seun lol let it go to video production board,  and make it 2D Graphics only and the other one advertising/media
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by OmniPotens(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2008
Why not let the graphics and video remain together then the adverts go to a chiuld board?

@Smartsoft

Nice that you've kinda separated into categories but are the others mainly based on this section in support? Their views will do alot here I think.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2008
I think they should be separated. I recently created a new thread about 2 different HD cameras that obviously won't appeal to the graphics guys.
@Seun, remember nollywood.net
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Kemjisuper(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Soji
Sorry man, I strongly disagree! tongue I think Nairaland was established for us all, and not just a select few. And since Nairaland is not like YouTube where you can upload finished videos or WIP's then all you'll be doing in the video section will still basically be postings and replies. Plus, I don't see that many topics promoting video production to justify opening up another section just for that.

On the other hand, if you get your wish, I'll bet everyone else would want a separate section for whatever he/she is good at! Get ma drift? wink
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2008
Graphic design (n): The art or skill of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazines or books.

Video production (n): The art or skill of acquisition and manipulation of moving pictures to be shown or broadcast.

They are very different in nature.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Kemjisuper(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
sojioguns:

Graphic design (n): The art or skill of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazines or books.

Video production (n): The art or skill of acquisition and manipulation of moving pictures to be shown or broadcast.

They are very different in nature.

Back to the Basics. Moving pictures are really made up of still pictures - just many frames of it. Where would you classify a Gif animation? A movie or graphic?

The gif animation below was made up of only 15 still frames animated in an endless loop. It only has to play for about a minute to become a mini video clip. So, the difference is not that much - except to the layman! cool

Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by sojioguns(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
Where would you classify the acquisition (shooting)? A graphic designer wouldn't be familiar with several formats, cameras, rigs, etc. Hence the need for a separate section.
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Kemjisuper(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2008
Anyways, Seun knows best! tongue

It's his decision finally. I rest my case cos I'm an Engineer, not a lawyer! wink
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
@kemi or whatever, Can't you just reasons why this thread should be created, again what areas of graphics do you belong 2?
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by Kemjisuper(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
smartsoft:

@kemi or whatever, Can't you just reasons why this thread should be created, again what areas of graphics do you belong 2?

@smartsoft or whatever - Creation of new sections is similar to creation of states in Nigeria. Everybody wants one! It doesn't mean they all have to be created. the more divided we are, the more problems too. I'm guessing some of us just want to be able to moderate our own sections that's all. I'm pretty sure I saw you comment on how you'll love to moderate an advertising section or so. undecided

No be so O! undecided
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by smartsoft(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2008
Gbe fi la ! gbe bo rune so ? ki lo wa de ? ni gba ye nko ? yes someone else can moderate must not be me alone to add to the advertising thread thing will leave that thread alone for the practioners  Scotch Egg aren't same with Egg Roll
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by ajayi1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
lol, Moderator or no moderator. Graphic section or video section, I speak on behalf of Seun the CEO of Nairaland " We are not seperating anything here" Thanks.  tongue
Re: Separate The Graphic Design Section From The Video Production Section. by OmniPotens(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2008
Summarily, that means there should be no extra boards so that all will keep posting here then?

(1) (Reply)

The Naija Tech Assistant Is Now Here! / Learn 3d, Film Making, Visual Effects And Motion Graphics For Free! / Graphic Designs And Branding @eagsl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.