Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan (854 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / Nigeria Attracts $59bn Investment In 3 Years, As Economy Diversifies – Aganga / Nigeria Attracts Refinery Investors Despite Danger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by ducii: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigeria attracted the largest investments in the whole of Africa in the last three years, President Goodluck Jonathan has said.

The President told private sector investors that although the country had been characterised by various challenges, businesses in Nigeria had continued to thrive.

Jonathan spoke during a Presidential dinner with senior management officials of the Top 100 Businesses in Nigeria on Monday night at the banqueting hall of the Presidential Villa.

According to him, the top 100 businesses account for about 20 per cent of the Gross Domestic Product of the country and employ millions of Nigerians.

He said, “Your achievements have been remarkable, you have exhibited confidence in this country. Through your investments you have contributed significantly in employment generation, wealth creation and the overall economic development.

“Over the past few years, Nigeria has reinforced its position as the leading economy on the continent and one of the leading investment destinations in the world. No economy in Africa has attracted more investments than Nigeria over the last three years. To ensure sustained economic transformation, this administration has introduced a number of sectoral reforms to sustain and increase this growth.

“As the top 100 businesses, you represent the very best of corporate Nigeria. Besides your entrepreneurial success, we celebrate you today because your investment in Nigeria is an investment in the Nigerian people. Each job you create is to support the Nigerian economy.”

Jonathan, however, noted that the recent bomb blasts in Kano, Maiduguri and Damaturu led to the stalling of his planned visit to Lagos last week.

He said he regretted the developments and pledged to nip the crisis in the bud, but maintained that the situation had not hampered business growth generally in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigeria-attracts-largest-investments-in-africa-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by Goddex: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2014
[size=13pt]Good to know. Sponsors of Boko Haram should please give
peace a chance and let GEJ transform this country.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by geeez: 9:32am On Dec 03, 2014
And its interesting that 95% of FDIs into the country are retained in the SW geo political zone according to NBS stats

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2014
WORD OF MOUTH-Ludacris
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by ducii: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2014
geeez:
And its interesting that 95% of FDIs into the country are retained in the SW geo political zone according to NBS stats

Lagos you mean!
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by geeez: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2014
ducii:

Lagos you mean!

I don't have the figures for the states but I know that most of these investments have been in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo

The SW as a whole have had about 95% of all FDIs in the recent years

Ogun as a matter of fact is now Nigeria's most industrialized state while Lagos is second

I'm from Lagos and I love my state but I have to give it to Ogun from
what I've seen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by Arch1: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2014
geeez:

I don't have the figures for the states but I know that most of these investments have been in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo

The SW as a whole have had about 95% of all FDIs in the recent years

Ogun as a matter of fact is now Nigeria's most industrialized state while Lagos is second

I'm from Lagos and I love my state but I have to give it to Ogun from
what I've seen
This took place yesterday

http://elotitv.com/entry/amosun-commissions-55th-mega-company
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by ARmanx(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2014
Where are our girls it's a shame u have forgotten about them
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Arch1:
This took place yesterday

http://elotitv.com/entry/amosun-commissions-55th-mega-company
Later Some Bitches would say Amosun is Bad, Amosun brought Peace, this alone attracted foreign investors.
Funny Enough Apart from North, All APC controlled state is Peaceful

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by ducii: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
lilflipnerd:
Later Some Bitches would say Amosun is Bad, Amosun brought Peace, this alone attracted foreign investors.
Funny Enough Apart from North, All APC controlled state is Peaceful

The North is the core of our problem
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by omenka(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Good to know. Sponsors of Boko Haram should please give
peace a chance and let GEJ transform this country.[/size]
Tell Jonathan to call his siblings and family members to order.

Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by Princewill1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks my president!! Continue in your good works.
GEJ TILL THEY CONFESS!!
Re: Nigeria Attracts Largest Investments In Africa – Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
linking most Terror Activities to PDP
1. Ogun - OGD, Cultist (Sagamu, Ijebu-ode, Ago-iwoye)
2. Oyo - Adedibu Agbero (Molete,)
3. Ekiti - Fayose Prison Break (state of emergency
4. Niger Delta - Ibori, Alams, Odili, Tompolo, Asari ,jonathan (Militant) MEND
5. Boko Haram-

(1) (Reply)

Military Equipment Is For French Peacekeepers In Chad / Akinwunmi Ambode CV, Made In Lagos, Is It Necessary? / We Have Come To The Field Of Fateful Choice, By Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.