Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku (471 Views)

Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo / Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku by izu777: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2014
Source: .com.ng

Former Vice-President and the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential aspirant, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Tuesday revealed he had the political clout in 2003 to defeat his former boss, Chief Olusegun, Obasanjo if he had contested the 2003 presidential elections while also stating that any of the four APC candidates that emerged could easily topple President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 polls.

Atiku, who was in Jos, Plateau State, to woo delegates for the forthcoming presidential primaries of the party, also said he was the only strong politician who fought Obasanjo in 2007 against of third term, a development that eventually brought stability in the polity of the country.
He said Nigeria needs a change, and that if he fails to get the APC presidential ticket, he was prepared to support whoever gets the ticket so that the APC could topple President Goodluck Jonathan’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in order to achieve the necessary change.

Atiku also said he has better qualities to be elected the president of Nigeria in 2015 than any other aspirant contesting for the position.

He said: “I have been the vice-president of Nigeria for good eight years and nobody has broken my record till date. Nobody fought the military in this country for democracy like me, my mentor, the late General Shehu Yar’Adua lost his life in the course of this struggle, and I repeat, nobody fought for democracy like me, and for that reason, I am the most experienced politician among those contesting for presidency.”

He promised to tackle the security challenges Nigeria is facing by empowering the military with the required gadgets and create room for more recruitments of security personnel to curtail the insurgency in the country.

He also promised to re-organise the armed forces through adequate training and funding.

“Once I am elected the president of this great country, I shall increase the numerical strength of the military, and will also equip them with modern and sophisticated weapons.

“I shall as well increase their pay and ensure they are given adequate training that will make them contain any form of attack from insurgents’,’ he promised.

While urging the delegates and all party members to work for the overall success of the party and ensure that the desired change of government at all levels is achieved for the overall good of Nigeria, Atiku said all the APC presidential aspirants have resolved within themselves to support whoever emerges as the winner during the Benin primaries to take over from the bad leadership of the PDP come 2015.

Atiku further said he wanted to become Nigerian president not for his selfish interest, but that he was determined at enthroning rule of law, internal democracy and progress in the country.

Speaking earlier, the Chairman of the APC in Plateau State, Hon. Latep Dabang, said that all the state delegates will massively vote for Atiku because of his financial support for the party, assuring that no Plateau State delegate would vote for anyone else.
Re: I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku by Eneze1(f): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2014
Atiku should please go and find somewhere to sit, most experienced in the aspect of looting the treasury. I guess all this people don't have people around that tell them the truth, yeye dey smell
Re: I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku by harrwix(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2014
why say all this now....pls kindly give us ur manifesto on how you plan to move this country pass the torid state we are now.....smh for naija politicians
Re: I Would Have Defeated Obasanjo In 2003, Says Atiku by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Story for the gods tongue

Like our page for more daily funny pictures: https://www.facebook.com/funnynaijaeverydaypictures

(1) (Reply)

State Of Jersey To Return £315 Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria / Only One Of This Will Go To Boko Haram Camp And Come Back / Most Likely Pattern Of 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.