Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 (1902 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Atiku Disowns 120 Groups Defecting To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by unuane1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has
made its presidential aspirants sign an
undertaking to remain loyal to the party if
any of them fails to get the party’s
presidential ticket, Ogbonnaya Onu,
chairman of the party’s presidential
screening committee, disclosed on
Wednesday.
At the APC secretariat in Abuja, Onu said all the
party’s presidential candidates screened on
Tuesday scored above average, which qualified
them to be the standard bearer of the party.
“Yesterday, for several hours, the presidential
screening committee met with five
distinguished Nigerians seeking the nomination
of the party to contest for the position of
president of the federal republic of Nigeria,” Onu
said.
“During that exercise, we found that these men
are so distinguished that there is not one of
them that will not make a great difference for
our nation.
“The goal of the party is to control government
at the national level so that the problems of our
country will be solved. During the screening
exercise yesterday, we took the presidential
aspirants through a rigorous process. We also
tested their understanding of the problems of
this nation.
“We believe whoever will fly our flag will have
an understanding of the problems of Nigeria.
The score was very narrow and very high. The
least scored 62 per cent and the highest scored
78 per cent.”
According to Onu, all five presidential aspirants
of the party – Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku
Abubakar, Rochas Okorocha, Rabiu Kwankwaso
and Sam Nda-Isaiah – all agreed and signed
the “letter of commitment”, pledging their
loyalty to the party.
The letter of commitment read in part: “I do
hereby undertake to abide by the rules and
regulations of the All Progressives Congress
nomination guidelines, the APC constitution, the
electoral act and the constitution of the federal
republic of Nigeria.
“I, on behalf of myself and my primary
campaign organisation, undertake to accept the
outcome of the primaries and actively support
whoever emerges as the winner and shall not
decamp to any political party or in any way
obstruct the smooth prosecution of the
presidential campaigns.”
Speaking on behalf of other APC presidential
aspirants, Muhammadu Buhari said: ” We went
through the mill yesterday, but I am grateful we
all made it. The secretary has read the letter
which we were made to sign to make sure that
our loyalty to the party is supreme.”
Onu called on Nigerians to give the APC a
chance to solve the problems of the country.

http://thecable.ng/apc-presidential-candidates-sign-undertaking-not-defect-december-10-primaries

2 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Descartes: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
“I, on behalf of myself and my primary
campaign organisation, undertake to accept the
outcome of the primaries and actively support
whoever emerges as the winner and shall not
decamp to any political party or in any way
obstruct the smooth prosecution of the
presidential campaigns.”

This is just like telling chronic prostitutes not to engage in their businesses embarassed

Can prostitutes be committed to their marriages having sampled different men/women? undecided I doubt.

Surely this oath of secrecy is not meant for political harlots like Atiku and Okorocha who are veterans as well as Professors in the field of Political Harlotry lipsrsealed

Surely, such "arrrangement/agreement" to whom it may concern is dead on arrival grin

6 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Descartes: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
“We believe whoever will fly our flag will have
an understanding of the problems of Nigeria.
The score was very narrow and very high. The
least scored 62 per cent and the highest scored
78 per cent.”-APC

They should publish the Cumulative result of the aspirants against their names so that we the electorates and party faithfuls will know who got that lowest mark angry

I definitely know who got the highest and lowest marks and your guess is as good as mine wink

2 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by temitemi1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
What are they scare of The fear of GEJ is the begining of wisdom grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by major466(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Agreement my foot. APC Politicians will always be APC Politicians. Watchout as Buhari tears the document he signs when he looses the primaries next week.
I believe Rochas Okorocha was the guy that scored the highest with 78 percent. Of all the APC Presidential aspirants, Rochas standout as the most intelligent. He knows how to present and articulate the challenges facing this nation. I just can't phantom why an intelligent guy like him is doing in the midst of Agberos. Well, that's none of my business.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by biafranqueen: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
major466:
I believe Rochas Okorocha was the guy that scored the highest with 78 percent. But alas, he doesn't stand a chance with the other ones.
Agreement my foot. APC Politicians will always be APC Politicians. Watchout as Buhari tears the on document he signs when he looses the primaries next week.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Gboliwe: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
Checks and Balances.

Hehehehehheheheh

4 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by argon500: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
Like seriously, thuh hunnnnnnnnnn

Sorry who are the APC cos nothing like that here in Greece

2 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Collynzo9: 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Foolish agreement.
Is it binded by a court or some sort of spiritual powers?
APC are scared of their own shadows, that is what guilty conscience does.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
temitemi1:
What are they scare of The fear of GEJ is the begining of wisdom grin grin grin
It's better to keep shut and people think you are ignorant than to speak and prove them right. What did you read that made you come up with this?

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by gbenga4sure(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hmmm I go take this with a pinch of salt.grin
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by orimsamsam(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Collynzo9:
Foolish agreement.
Is it binded by a court or some sort of spiritual powers?
APC are scared of their own shadows, that is what guilty conscience does.
. Tanks dude. At least apc is much more intelligent dan pdp

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Monimatic(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin Story for the gods! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by londoner: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by londoner: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is a good move, because it discourages opportunists within politics. It also means they can not display parasitic behaviour in trying to hop to other parties. This is more what we are looking for in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Oluwatosean(m): 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
Mo ti mu dogoyaro(2ce), and monkey tail......... *dancing*
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by stuff46(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

It's better to keep shut and people think you are ignorant than to speak and prove them right. What did you read that made you come up with this?

why must you talk back at him?
He is entitled to his own opinion.

You have proven to us that you are more iqnorant

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Phame: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
We've just shown Nigerians that we mean well for them.
Allah ya bada sa'a!
Descartes, just shut ur mouth there.

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Descartes: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Phame:
We've just shown Nigerians that we mean well for them.
Allah ya bada sa'a!
Descartes, just shut ur mouth there.

Wetin I do ? undecided
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Pls this agreement is there any binding from court?
If no
Make dem dey deceive themselves
Xpecially if na buahri wey loose
Re: 2015: APC Contract Prevents Unsuccessful Aspirants from Defecting After Dec 10 by Phame: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

Wetin I do ? undecided
comment not.

(1) (Reply)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! 1,206 Valid Votes Disappeared In The APC Primaries. / / Buhari Leads In All Opinion Polls Conducted Except One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.