Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:37 AM

My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook (856 Views)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / Help With My Nissan Skyline 2001 - Hardstarting / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by katsim(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hi guys my nissan pathfinder engine hook and cannot start,any one with this kind of experience ?.

I called a mechanic and he said I should chane. The crown shaft.
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by AutosBay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Get a multimeter and check how many volts are on the battery.
Turn the headlights on and go check how bright they are.
With the headlights on, try starting the engine.
Now go look at the headlights again. Are they as bright as before or did they dim significantly?
Now with the lights still on, check the voltage on the battery again, it should be at least 11.7V
If the lights are really dim or the voltage is below 11.7V then the battery needs to be replaced.
Alternatively you might have a faulty starter and an issue with the ignition relay fuse.
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
katsim:
Hi guys my nissan pathfinder engine hook and cannot start,any one with this kind of experience ?.

You really have to explain more.

But if its what I'm thinking.........

Buy a new engine.

1 Like

Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by katsim(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
More ideas
Thanks
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:59am On Dec 04, 2014
katsim:

something you have to explain in actual mechanical terms

whats an engine hook ? from one of the responds it seems like you mean the starter
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by andre82(m): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
If ur nissan pathfinder engine hook(s), then unhook it. If u can't unhook it, contact nissparts/lomomike/siena/City NG/cardoctor and experts
katsim:

I called a mechanic and he said I should chane. The crown shaft.
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by Readonee35L(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You really have to explain more.

But if its what I'm thinking.........

Buy a new engine.

hehehehehe
i know say na wetin you go talk be that
even if na kick starter they worry am
Re: My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Hook by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Readonee35L:

hehehehehe
i know say na wetin you go talk be that
even if na kick starter they worry am

I'm very sure the engine is knocked. No long thing you know the answer.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum / Get Your Car Fixed At Your HOME / How Much Will The Customs Duty On This Car Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.