Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians (35395 Views)

Wives Of Nigerian Comedians In A Group Picture / Wives Of Nigerian Comedians; Who Is The Most Beautiful Amongst Them? / Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by WildChild00(m): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
The day wen I go die, come warri stadium, army boys nearly kill the guy, day very day the president was to lunch something, I think, and I go die, and some of his co comedian were invited to come and support Goodluck Jonathan's campaign den, na so the guy "I go die" just go dress like area boy, "black and black" dark shade; at the point of entry into the stadium, the army boys where like can we know who you are? Show, u mean say una nor know me again, I go die responded, that was wat lead to his beating @ the Warri township stadium, I fealt sorry for him, trust our boys. Instead of him to identify himself.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sweetlemon(f): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
WildChild00:

Its high time those guys should hv a regulatory body.

I wish it could help.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by akpanikpe(m): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
what
you say bovi the only A+ dat still make sense and AY.
Ay no funny at all, he only has concept.
If he no look like basket mouth, he no fit be like basket mouth
best comedian after Mr beans.
ur comments is equal to Mine so I don't av to comment any more.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by InvertedHammer: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
/
You got to give them credit.

Do you know how difficult it is to make people laugh?

Yes! Especially the ones that paid top naira to see an act.

Like one of them said, "if you think say comedy easy, make you try make a politician wey lose election laugh."

/
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sweetlemon(f): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
WildChild00:
The day wen I go die, come warri stadium, army boys nearly kill the guy, day very day the president was to lunch something, I think, and I go die, and some of his co comedian were invited to come and support Goodluck Jonathan's campaign den, na so the guy "I go die" just go dress like area boy, "black and black" dark shade; at the point of entry into the stadium, the army boys where like can we know who you are? Show, u mean say una nor know me again, I go die responded, that was wat lead to his beating @ the Warri township stadium, I fealt sorry for him, trust our boys. Instead of him to identify himself.

Heehehehehehehe
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sweetlemon(f): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
You got to give them credit.

Do you know how difficult it is to make people laugh?

Yes! Especially the ones that paid top naira to see an act.

Like one of them said, "if you think say comedy easy, make you try make a politician wey lose election laugh."

/

I think you missed the message.

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sweetlemon:
I just watched a hilarious edition of EL R8D on ebony life TV courtesy of EmmaohmyGod and Chigurl. There's this bitter after taste in my mouth because I realized that their sense of humour will most likely die a mysterious death when they become A-list stars. Why are our comedians like this?

I attended a wedding where Bovi was the MC. This was before he became popular. My goodness! We almost died of laughter! He presented us oven fresh jokes in the most unique manner. In fact, he was just something else. He soon became popular and even though he's still funny, (in fact, he's the only A-list star comedian that is still funny, and maybe AY) I have not enjoyed him the way I enjoyed before he became famous.

I have attended weddings/events with AY and basket mouth as MCs and I don't remember laughing even once. Maybe a smile here and there but no full blown laughter. AY is only funny in his shows, outside that, he's just there. But you won't believe it's the same guys that nearly cracked you to death during their hustling days. Even Julius Agwu is nothing to write home about at events. All they do now is charge outrageous fees just to show us their designer suits. Huh? Smh.

American comedians like Kevin Hart, Arsenio Hall, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Robin Williams (RIP) still make us laugh hysterically. So why are our stars forming like this? Could it be the psychological effect of too must hustling? Whatever, someone should tell these guys that this really not a good way of going international.

You know, I have actually always thought about this but never could point my hand on it. But I do agree with you on this. Very right.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by holatin(m): 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
akpanikpe:

ur comments is equal to Mine so I don't av to comment any more.
kk
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by iamakbar(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=holatin post=28566947]what
na here ur comment make sense reach...
BM is a joker! sanyeri funny pas am. grin
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by seunique(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
donbrowser:
[size=36pt]Seriously You're right but PDP should be blamed for not providing Jobs for these guys.
Jonathan has failed![/size]
Jonathan don suffer for una hand undecided
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by zappyj(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
AY na business man jare.. Basket-mouth thinks the only way to make peeps laff is to crack offesive jokes and insult peeps.

The idiotic Basket-mouth came to Kenya and was insultin Nigerian girls forgetting dt Nigerians could also be there
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Ashwaj(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
This remind me of my beloved Alhaji Pastor Oluwo Olugbenga Adegboye(Rip) looking at him makes U laugh.

3 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by iamakbar(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
what
na here ur comment make sense reach...
BM is a joker! sanyeri funny pas am. grin
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by AKPOSbaba: 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
Over here in Baghdad, no matter how u crack Di joke reach, we no dey laff.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by niggi4life(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
what
If he no look like basket mouth, he no fit be like basket mouth
best comedian after Mr beans.
Basket mouth!!!! you gat it bro,
He's the only comedian who can make me laugh till i lose my mind
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by darlenese(f): 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!

Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!

Career killer!
Career killer!
Career killer!

U think say e easy to make person laff undecided. MR CAREER KILLER undecided
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
AY? Lailai
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by einsteino(m): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
I don't know if our comedians are funny or not but i do know one sure thing though, Nigerians are funny. na only nigerians go want better thing for free, all of you here comparing them with their counterparts overseas, have refused to compare their remuneration. Nigerians want the best but dont want to part with a penny, it is only in naija you would see some one say "am a core rap fan" but yet has never bought an album.. na so so abeg transfer via bluetooth or gimme free link, as if na water dem take make d songs.

The situation in Nigeria is pathetic, artist have to go for shows upon shows singing their songs over and over again till the songs become boring to them just to make a few million naira. Comedians own worst, a comedian cant tell the same joke twice because it would lose its catch but that doesn't stop them from being paid pennies.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by darlenese(f): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
WildChild00:
The day wen I go die, come warri stadium, army boys nearly kill the guy, day very day the president was to lunch something, I think, and I go die, and some of his co comedian were invited to come and support Goodluck Jonathan's campaign den, na so the guy "I go die" just go dress like area boy, "black and black" dark shade; at the point of entry into the stadium, the army boys where like can we know who you are? Show, u mean say una nor know me again, I
go die responded, that was wat lead to his beating @ the Warri township stadium, I fealt sorry for him, trust our boys. Instead of him to identify himself.

Bloda u can lie ooo
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by InvertedHammer: 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I think you missed the message.

Possibly
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by teemanbastos(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
donbrowser:
[size=36pt]Seriously You're right but PDP should be blamed for not providing Jobs for these guys.
Jonathan has failed![/size]
grin
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ilamina:
@ admins

arent u guys updating the front page with topics too fast undecided

seun

seun

I guess the advert he put out the other day is now bearing fruits cheesy
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Expsbterror(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
boombay:
comedians in france are too funny because I schooled in franceundecided

Because u schooled in France Lame line..
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by enemmo(f): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
OP .Talent aside, Kevin hart and co have a team of writers hired to churn out jokes after jokes for them.some of these writers are comedians themselves.only got to know dat after reading sheldons novel about toby temple,cant remember the name now.For our Nigerian comedians,dis may not really be feasible cos of many factors eg d economy,intellectual theft etc.at d beginning of d career,he probably has time to research,observe and all that.later on he might not have dat kind of time,den start recycling jokes,stealing jokes,insulting his peers and of course tribal ish.I think they need to challenge and reinvent themselves
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Davland(m): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Rexphobia:
Dem no go suffer make money, come take suffer spend am.

Their ministry has moved to the permanent site. Simple

i sight u Gordons
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sunnybabe(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
baskemouth and bovi are d best

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by danbrowndmf(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote
author=Sanchez01 post=28567495]First and foremost, let's not include AY
in the list of Nigeria's rib crackers. The guy is only an individual
who has stage concepts and nothing more. For Bovi and BM, I'd say that
they are still the same, just that you expect something way more than
they gave. MCing is not the same as a typical comedian; that is why the
likes of Alibaba, the king himself, is not funny. It's always difficult
to keep up, particularly with demands as that of comedy. What most of
them do now is to recycle old jokes. The only person who tries to do
something different everytime is Basketmouth, and that's because he
draws his stage jokes from live experiences and them exaggerate them a
bit.[/quote] Wow u caught basket mouth red handed,he draw joke frm real life experience and exergerate dem a bit,yea u got it,he even said it in an interview.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by 4C2215131: 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ilamina:
@ admins

arent u guys updating the front page with topics too fast undecided

seun

seun

Word...slow down man!
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by danbrowndmf(m): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote
author=Sweetlemon post=28567990]

Nonsense! Typical "I don land" Nigerian mentality. In other climes
Staying at the top is just as difficult as getting to the top. Why do
you think Kim K, Nicki Minaj and co. are always looking for ways of
staying relevant? Robin Williams kept us laughing despite his old age
and fight with depression. That's how it is done![/quote] My friend tell me smtn else,am a big fan of nicki buh no time nicki don sing any beta song apart frm shoutn bitches nd fvck up n down,mention someone else sef,nicki sells body nt song,i had take our nigerian bucki or eva ahead of her anyday.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by KLand(m): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
They lack creativity most times. That's why they keep recycling jokes.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by kpolli(m): 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sweetlemon:
I just watched a hilarious edition of EL R8D on ebony life TV courtesy of EmmaohmyGod and Chigurl. There's this bitter after taste in my mouth because I realized that their sense of humour will most likely die a mysterious death when they become A-list stars. Why are our comedians like this?

I attended a wedding where Bovi was the MC. This was before he became popular. My goodness! We almost died of laughter! He presented us oven fresh jokes in the most unique manner. In fact, he was just something else. He soon became popular and even though he's still funny, (in fact, he's the only A-list star comedian that is still funny, and maybe AY) I have not enjoyed him the way I enjoyed before he became famous.

I have attended weddings/events with AY and basket mouth as MCs and I don't remember laughing even once. Maybe a smile here and there but no full blown laughter. AY is only funny in his shows, outside that, he's just there. But you won't believe it's the same guys that nearly cracked you to death during their hustling days. Even Julius Agwu is nothing to write home about at events. All they do now is charge outrageous fees just to show us their designer suits. Huh? Smh.

American comedians like Kevin Hart, Arsenio Hall, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Robin Williams (RIP) still make us laugh hysterically. So why are our stars forming like this? Could it be the psychological effect of too must hustling? Whatever, someone should tell these guys that this really not a good way of going international.

Kevin Hart is funny Are you in your hustling stage of becoming a comedian?

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Kasieze(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Akpos be correct doctor

Doctor Akpos opened a new clinic. He wrote on it; Any treatment is 10,000 Naira, and if I cannot treat you, I will pay you 20,000 Naira. A man wanting the 20,000 Naira for himself, went to Akpos; Doctor, I can’t feel any taste. I lost my sense of taste. Akpos then ask one of his nurses to give him a few drops of medicine from box 22. Upon taking the drops, the man shouted; It is urine o o o! Doctor Akpos said; Congratulations, your sense of taste is back. The man was very angry that he lost his 10,000 Naira. He came back two weeks later, determined to get 20,000 Naira. He said to Doctor Akpos, I lost my memory. The Doctor Akpos smiled and called; Nurse! Please give this man some............................ http://www..com/view_joke.php?id=448 click to continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quiin Abenakyo, Miss Uganda Wears Natural Hair After Museveni Criticism / #10yearschallenge: Paul Okoye Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Korede Bello's Outfit To A Birthday Party Of A 13-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.