Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots (49972 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) / 14 American Celebrities That Doesn't Age Fast See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by DAVE5(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
so how does dis affect the current nigerian situation nah...

after reading the topic, i realized exchange rate for dollar was still the same angry angry

edited*
even if i no make ftc, i still be king of 4th page

*dancing skelewu, runs out of thread to church for thankgivings, i go soon be ftc(one day)... grin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by sanyablaze(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
asodeboyede:
A river that forgets it's source would dry up!
Odo kin shan kogbabe orisun!

Ki leleyi nso

Odo Ko, Okun ni
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by ogele: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
What about these 2 Americans that trace their to Umunyem Village in Nkwerre- Imo state. They gave them land. Even gave them chieftency title. The house both of them are building are now at the plastering level. Their wives where in Nkwerre Imo State, for women August meeting held this year. You all Know FOREST WHITKER n DANNY CLOVER d other. Their names on the Igbo title hand fan. Their names are boldly written on it. I was there live and it was in my village.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Jakeattah(m): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Haustraliah:

But not all blacks are Africans.
True or false?

Truefalsegrin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by ELGREF(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
Black has become blessing to America.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Reference(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
You don't need to tell me Don Cheadle is Camerounian. The nigga doesn't look anything else.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Great.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by sukkot: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, I think the OP just selected the ones from mostly Cameroun. And the ones from Sierra Leone might be Nigerians. Blair Underwood has both Nigeria and Cameroun in his ancestry, and you need to understand that before Nigeria, folks from that side of Cameroun were intertwined with their neighbours from that axis of Nigeria. Colonialism divided them

Anyway, majority of those tested, always get Nigeria as the ancestry.

Nas, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Forrest Whitaker, Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Gary Younge, Evander Holyfield, Angela Bassett, Judge Hatchett, Jackson family etc. traced theirs to Nigeria.
i hear ya bruv but still doe, em dna tests is as bogus as a 2 dollar bill cheesy
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by kpolli(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
I wonder if they kept dna samples of the slaves when they captured them.....
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Chigold101(m): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
fr3do:
Bishop Jakes is an Igbo man grin
I heard it from the bishop in 2009 Lagos experience musical concert by house on the rock at TBS
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Litmus: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
ajide8(m): 12:41pm
Nigeria giant of africa since before colonisation- we were just raiding all the contries around us and were selling them into slavery- from cameroun to guinea- that now forms the reason why we are not liked by our neighbours, we have always been out smarting the other african countries-

grin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by DONOCHAS(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Sis u mean?
Ashley madueke acted in the season movie 'the revenge' her fada is ibo but she lived and grew up dere.
k sis, got 2 check dat out
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by PreciousGem(f): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
why dem trace bishop Jake to Nigeria. Abi becos he be pastor and we get dem plenty 4 here ko
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by echobee(f): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Maaaaaaaaaaaaa grin
missberrypop5 grin
missberrypop5:
false.

Chris Brown is Fulani grin
Nicky Minaj is Yoruba.
tongue
Echobee oooooo grin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by asodeboyede(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
sanyablaze:
Ki leleyi nso

Odo Ko, Okun ni

Oti binu?
Pele sogbo?
Jebure...
Agba nbo wa kan e!
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Ezevajina: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
They forgot Chukwuemeka Ojuku, descended from Abidjan cool
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by GHKWAME1: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
JiggamanGh:

A lot of slaves are from the Nigeria area to ivory coast, especially Benin republic and Ghana. These two countries had kingdom that wage war on its surroundings. Dahomey and Ashanti empire where notorious for the slave trade and most of the ports were in these area. That's why many of the slaves in the Americas are a combination of ivory coast, Ghana, benin, Togo, Nigeria and Cameroon.
Very instructive to note that Michelle Obama traces her root to northern Ghana,(forgot the tribe), she did not need a DNA to confirm this since their ancestors passed down their tribe name from generations.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
asodeboyede:

Oti binu?
Pele sogbo?
Jebure...
Agba nbo wa kan e!

lipsrsealed
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by bravehost4u(m): 5:51am On Dec 05, 2014
Djicemob:
Why cameroon? Almost all of em?

Buffalo soldiers according to Bob Marley
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by kenchopirlo: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2014
lol about the one from ghana and togo its so fucking funny. cos togo was in ghana till we cut them off and gave them independence. thats why they still have alot of families here and they do come here alot.. so its clear that if u got togo dna u from ghana. lol they should have just made it straight like ghana and not togo and ghana
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by paix(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by MrPresident1: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:
If you believe these stories for the gods then you will believe that the sky was once touchable by men.
Nonetheless
Evander hollyfield is from badagry lagos nigeria. He is even making attempt to build a house and hotels.
Mike tyson is a Yoruba man from present day ile-ife.
Wesly snips is an igbo man with a mother from benin kingdom

The sky/heavens was actually once touchable by men, it is an allegory for when heaven was on earth, when God ruled through the Elect. Heaven on earth, before we lost it.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by paix(m): 12:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:

Mike tyson is a Yoruba man from present day ile-ife.
No wonder he loves kpomo.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by JiggamanGh: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
kenchopirlo:
lol about the one from ghana and togo its so fucking funny. cos togo was in ghana till we cut them off and gave them independence. thats why they still have alot of families here and they do come here alot.. so its clear that if u got togo dna u from ghana. lol they should have just made it straight like ghana and not togo and ghana

Is really Ghana/ivorycoast because of the Akan connection but I agree the largest pop in Togo is ewe and there are more ewes in Ghana than Togo and Benin. So if you trace your lineage to Togo/ Benin then you are likely to be from Ghana also.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by GHKWAME1: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
kenchopirlo:

lol about the one from ghana and togo its so
bleeping funny. cos togo was in ghana till we cut
them off and gave them independence
. thats why
they still have alot of families here and they do
come here alot.. so its clear that if u got togo
dna u from ghana . lol they should have just
made it straight like ghana and not togo and
ghana
Not entirely true, indeed the situation can be compared to what exists in present day Cameroon where you have the bilingual system. British Togoland of present day Volta region was not part of Gold Coast
(present day Ghana). I am dead sure Nkrumah would have bothered to add them into the geo politics of Ghana today if part of the Volta lake(Akosombo Dam) was not also acceded in the Volta region.

Following a UN plebiscite in May
1956, in which a majority of the Ewe voted for
union with Ghana, British Togoland became
part of the Gold Coast. [1][2] After Togolese
independence in 1960
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana–Togo_relations
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by tpiah2: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
First time i'm hearing togo was part of ghana.

according to wiki, togo was colonized by germany then france after ww1, then the english speaking part voted to join ghana in 1957 and then rejoined french togo in 1959 at independence.

rather like cameroun.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by JiggamanGh: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
tpiah2:
First time i'm hearing togo was part of ghana.

according to wiki, togo was colonized by germany then france after ww1, then the english speaking part voted to join ghana in 1957 and then rejoined french togo in 1959 at independence.

rather like cameroun.

Part of Ghana used to be part of Togo. British Gold Coast and British Togoland joined together to become present day Ghana.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by iamord(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Part of Ghana used to be part of Togo. British Gold Coast and British Togoland joined together to become present day Ghana.
ghana was much bigger!! Thanks to the berlin conference!!
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
undecided
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shamiraaa(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
are all these peoples really from Cameroon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido: "You Fool, My Unborn Daughter's Future Brighter Than Your Own" / Nigerians Blast Afia Schwarzenegger For Advising Them Against Voting For Buhari / Comedian Jedi Ayo Proposes To Girlfriend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.