Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (12134 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2014
THE All Progressives Congress (APC) will, this morning, decide whether the Lagos governorship primaries will hold as scheduled.

The electoral panel sent to the state to conduct the primaries reportedly told the 12 aspirants that the decision of the party leadership would be communicated to them by 7.00 a.m. today.

The meeting, held at Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja, between the panel, headed by former Edo State deputy governor, Peter Obadan and the aspirants, ended in a deadlock on Wednesday.

One of the aspirants, Dr Leke Pitan, confirmed the meeting and the promise to contact them this morning on the final decision of the party over the demands by 11 of the aspirants.

He also confirmed the meeting, which had members of the state executive of the party in attendance, as inconclusive.

At the meeting, 11 aspirants, with the exception of Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, objected to the planned exercise, scheduled for today.

They reportedly objected to the non-availability of delegates list to aspirants, 24 hours to the election, when the law said seven days before.

They also kicked against delegates reportedly drawn from the 37 local council development areas (LCDAs), arguing that they were not known to the constitution and not in conformity with the provisions of the party’s constitution.

They were also said to have pointed out the danger in using delegates from the said LCDAs, as cases already in court over it could lead to the party not having a candidate for the governorship election.

Only Ambode reportedly spoke in favour of using delegates from all the 57 councils and LCDAs.

Their demands to the panel reportedly included allowing all the aspirants to choose a consensus candidate among them, instead of endorsement by a single person.

In the alternative, they wanted a direct primaries, with the participation of all party members in the state.

They also asked that delegates from the 20 councils should participate in the direct primaries.

Ambode reportedly asked that all the 4,000 delegates from the 57 local government areas and LCDAs should be allowed to participate.

Pitan told the Nigerian Tribune that the demands were advisory in nature.

Obadan reportedly told the aspirants that the panel would contact the national leadership and revert this morning.

Meanwhile, the party has disclosed that 4,000 delegates will participate in the exercise, with registration of delegates commencing as early as 9.00 a.m.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/23267-will-apc-hold-lagos-gov-primaries-today
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by SilentCrescendo: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
I've honestly got nothing to say on this matter except, may the best man win.

by the way by the bush, I guess my momma dem was right. Early to bed early to rise. But in this case its more of early to bed, F T C

the thing dey sweet me for body ehn. To all aspiring FTC'ers, If I can do it, you can. Keep hope alive wherever y'all are alriiggghhhhh wink grin grin
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by SuperModerator: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
APC primaries is where the next governor of Lagos is decided.

Lagos gubernatorial election is just mere formality

24 Likes

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by mifavour(f): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
space booked
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by pabon(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Can't say
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by jchima14: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2014
ok
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Drhenrysaint(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by paulworld(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2014
I don't know because I stay in kaduna

1 Like

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Dreal1247: 8:39am On Dec 04, 2014
Titanic clash
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by seangy4konji: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
All the way.
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by sakaguchi(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
APC.

Association of past Criminals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Alphaoscar: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
yes
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Alphaoscar: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
The primary is happening today at oninkan stadium and feelers from the delegates in my LG is opening my eyes further to our Nigerian politics. it may not be Ambode, Shasore, hamzat or Wahab oooooo.

1 Like

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
Hello nlanders, pls I need the help of a sociologist on a particular paper I need to write and submit asap. Any sociologist or other humanitarian in the house should pls show up. Thanks
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by monemsis(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by 9jahubcom(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
kk
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by 9jahubcom(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by zabilon(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Question for the gods
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by kennosklint(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Na me u de ask Mtcheww
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by 9jahubcom(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
seangy4konji:
All the way.
to
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by amakaobiemeka: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
go vote GMB

10 Likes

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Franchise21(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by 9jahubcom(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2014
mifavour:
space booked
ok
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by eleko1: 8:43am On Dec 04, 2014
cool
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2014
CAUTION!!!

Have you ever heard of Primaries election in AD, AC, ACN

Tinubu choose ALL from his bedroom at Ikoyi

Hence, Tinubu Primaries if not checked would be the BEST SCAM OF THE CENTURY.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by freshness2020: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2014
APC and PDP!
Na τ̲̅ђe same mama born them. No difference!
Let the God ordained person win!
That's my own!

2 Likes

Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by tolustx(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2014
Question for the ancestors.
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by okiezman(m): 8:45am On Dec 04, 2014
Their biz....kosi ko ro kosi ibo for lagos 2015
Re: APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? by gabriel212: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2014
let wait the outcome. but, The candidates I see clearly in the APC race to the governors house in Alausa are
Ambode, Hamzat and far away i see Leke Pitan and Sashore.
Ambode as successfully implant his name in all LCDA across the state and if their is free and fair election, he might likely win the ticket.
Hamzat is a good democrat but his PR team acted late while Ambode was selling his name across the state( even people who are not politically inclined know who is Ambode within the few months back)
TWB PR team did a great job but can he pull the rug off Hamzat and Ambode?
Y on earth will people like GOS be deceving himself to be a governor? GOS who could not use his federal influence to construct Mushin /Isolo road I would rather vote pdp if GOS win the APC primary.
Also, Ikuforiji is completely deluded in the contest for Alausa 2015 with the flood of corruption hanging around his neck as the LAHA speaker?
Moreover, if the outcome is not properly manage, the APC camp might work against the party proclaiming Tinubu had annointed the candidate and wanted to continue his grip hold on the state fund to his selfish interest which could spell doom for the party.
let wait and see how the event unfold!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bello Addresses Protesters Over Poor Power Supply In Niger State / Who Is Jimi Agbaje's Deputy? / NCC: We Don’t Have adequate Coverage For Electronic Transmission Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.