Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

One Minute Silence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / One Minute Silence (340 Views)

A Minute Silence For Those That Deactivated Their Account / The Origin Of "A Minute Of Silence" For The Dead. / Take One Minute To Read. Be Proud To Be African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Minute Silence by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello guys. So I was at a church service last week and then we were asked to pay tribute to a brethren who died by observing a minute's silence.
Now have seen a lot of tribute on television especially during football matches but this was the first time have paid tribute to the dead. I had goosebumps and I felt like dying lol.
Anyways, I want to get your opinion on this matter. Where did this ritual originate from? What does it mean exactly? Is it necessary to observe it?

(1) (Reply)

Imagine Christmas Like This! / 9,999 For A Return Ticket? / Ghost Of Apc’s “CHANGE” Hunts President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.