Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (15457 Views)

UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest / Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Today is 19th!

Can't just wait to know the winners.

Anticipating mode!
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2014
MissMeiya:
Gas flaring in Nigeria: A key to improving the power sector.
Author: ███████
Area: Energy

Some parts directly lifted from this work.

http://justiceinnigerianow.org/jinn/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/JINN-2010-Gas-Flaring-an-overview.pdf
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by DutchesSsS(f): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

I have done that. Am really impressed with some that passed 100 percent. Only problem was their grammar (spelling, punctuation and phrasing) and effective handling of the topic based on the guidelines.

Excluding yours, which would you consider as Top 3.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2014
At martins... Good job... But I was thinking, since this is an essay that have to do with the Nigeria current situation, contestant can as well make research from other related topics and acknowlegde the author... Isnt that allowed...

1 Like

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2014
DutchesSsS:

Wait... Did Martins submited an entry...? If he did, then this copyright check that he is doing is really uncalled for... Even though what he is doing is right, but he is the wrong person to do it since he is a fellow contestant. I have not seen any competition where a fellow contestant helps to bring about the downfall of his colleague... The judges shld take note, martins is doing what he is not supposed to do and that shld warrant a penalty... Ro be fair to all contestant...

2 Likes

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2014
DutchesSsS:

Babe I cant do that here na. First I may be biased and second I dont want to give people high BP.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by DutchesSsS(f): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

Babe I cant do that here na. First I may be biased and second I dont want to give people high BP.

I think it's just your opinion and nothing else...I don't think it will change anything...
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Rich4god:
Wait... Did Martins submited an entry...? If he did, then this copyright check that he is doing is really uncalled for... Even though what he is doing is right, but he is the wrong person to do it since he is a fellow contestant. I have not seen any competition where a fellow contestant helps to bring about the downfall of his colleague... The judges shld take note, martins is doing what he is not supposed to do and that shld warrant a penalty... Ro be fair to all contestant...

I should be punished for exposing those who have cheated in the contest? Do I know them? Is their name written on the works?

1 Like

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by DutchesSsS(f): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2014
Rich4god:

Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Thank God my entry survived martins scanning!

Still waiting for the judges to blow the trumpet.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 19, 2014
DutchesSsS:

I think it's just your opinion and nothing else...I don't think it will change anything...

Lets be patient. The judges will identify the winners today.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by DutchesSsS(f): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Neyoor:

Were you scared
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 19, 2014
Neyoor:

hahahaha. . . . .you probably did a good job. . . . . I would love it if you can give me you topic so I can recheck it with my fourth eye
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by DutchesSsS(f): 10:19am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

Lets be patient. The judges will identify the winners today.

I'm very much patient..
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2014
DutchesSsS:

I'm very much patient..

While we wait can you give us your topic for proper checking?
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

I should be punished for exposing those who have cheated in the contest? Do I know them? Is their name written on the works?
There is a judge whose duty is to do what you are doing... And the judge didnt appoint you to do that. It will be a different ball game if you didnt have an entry... But now you have, you arent supposed to do that as others will see it as just tryn to tarnish their effort... What you are doing is right, but you are the wrong person to do it...
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Ellidude(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

I don't think you would completely call that cheating. Many persons made researches to get their facts right. The only mistake they made was not attaching the link they got their info from which obviously wasn't stated in the rules.

1 Like

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Rich4god:
There is a judge whose duty is to do what you are doing... And the judge didnt appoint you to do that. It will be a different ball game if you didnt have an entry... But now you have, you arent supposed to do that as others will see it as just tryn to tarnish their effort... What you are doing is right, but you are the wrong person to do it...

We are all stake holders in this contest. If anyone is wise enough to cheat then that person should be bold enough to accept his/her being exposed. I haven't done any harm since their names are hidden.

1 Like

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by pwiz(m): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

Mr Man, I'm sure you are part of the contestant and if I'm to be the judge, you should be disqualified as Rich4god just said. You are doing this to give yourself more chance to win the prize and that's very wrong. The judges have earlier said that they will check for the plagiarism themself, so why the all this or are you among the panel of judges? . Well, it's left for the judges to decide. And no, my entry is not part of whatever you are flagging for plagiarism. Goodday

2 Likes

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2014
Ellidude:
I don't think you would completely call that cheating. Many persons made researches to get their facts right. The only mistake they made was not attaching the link they got their info from which obviously wasn't stated in the rules.

If you need a lesson on the art of writing, referencing and plagiarism then contact me and I will give you a free lesson that you will forever appreciate. Some people will copy someone else's work and attach the reference and still feel they have not plagiarised. I wonder who has been teaching them.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

We are all stake holders in this contest. If anyone is wise enough to cheat then that person should be bold enough to accept his/her being exposed. I haven't done any harm since their names are hidden.
I didnt see how you became a stakeholder and I didnt see when the judges appointed you to do what you are doing. It will only be write for you to do that if the judges failed to see that "cheat" when the result is announced. As it stands now, its as if you are teaching the judges their job. Meaning they are not good enough...
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2014
pwiz:
Mr Man, I'm sure you are part of the contestant and if I'm to be the judge, you should be disqualified as Rich4god just said. You are doing this to give yourself more chance to win the prize and that's very wrong. The judges have earlier said that they will check for the plagiarism themself, so why the all this or are you among the panel of judges? . Well, it's left for the judges to decide. And no, my entry is not part of whatever you are flagging for plagiarism. Goodday

You are filled with so much anger. Cool down abeg.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Ellidude(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

If you need a lesson on the art of writing, referencing and plagiarism then contact me and I will give you a free lesson that you will forever appreciate. Some people will copy someone else's work and attach the reference and still feel they have not plagiarised. I wonder who has been teaching them.
I understand the term "plagiarism" perfectly well. And just went through the rules again. Well, i'll just succumb to your argument. I think the judges have a tool which detects plagiarism. They know how to use it. Who knows, these essays would have been scanned before posted.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2014
Rich4god:
I didnt see how you became a stakeholder and I didnt see when the judges appointed you to do what you are doing. It will only be write for you to do that if the judges failed to see that "cheat" when the result is announced. As it stands now, its as if you are teaching the judges their job. Meaning they are not good enough...

Am reducing the risk of wrong judgement. I hate cheating and those who cheat. Am sure you do too.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301 abeg don't give people high BP grin grin
I was just wondering if you were about to flag all the posts as plagiarized then we will be left with no winners lol
BTW I have not received any of the essays,I am reading them here like anyone else and I have no clue who sent what.
The rules were clear,the work must be your original idea so if you copied off someone's work,you didn't follow that rule
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Ellidude:
I understand the term "plagiarism" perfectly well. And just went through the rules again. Well, i'll just succumb to your argument. I think the judges have a tool which detects plagiarism. They know how to use it. Who knows, these essays would have been scanned before posted.

Thanks for understanding. If yours was among those flagged then my sincere apologies.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

Am reducing the risk of wrong judgement. I hate cheating and those who cheat. Am sure you do too.
I still stand to say... As a contestant, who have read the rules of the contest, you have no right to do what you just did knowing fully well that the judges are on it. What you did is like telling the judges that they are not up to the task. Or from another angle, you are employing a way to increase your chance of winning. Thats really unfair to others and the judges need to look into your actions... For the records, I have no entry there so dont think am hating on you. But your action is really unethical.

3 Likes

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Ellidude(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

Thanks for understanding. If yours was among those flagged then my sincere apologies.
Yeah. I got some of my ideas from the so called website. Anyway, i can't tell what the judges are up to.
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by pwiz(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

You are filled with so much anger. Cool down abeg.
This is not about anger. I for one have seen some of the entries with plagiarism but I kept mute because I was not assigned to flag any of the essays. So why your blood dey hot. It's a game of chance, don't think this will give you an edge over others. Peace

1 Like

Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Martins301:

For the records of knowlegde... Help me explain more on plagiarism... No hard feeling...
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Ellidude(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2014
Rich4god:
For the records of knowlegde... Help me explain more on plagiarism... No hard feeling...
Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the
representation of them as one's own original work. By WIKIPEDIA
Re: Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) by Rich4god(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2014
Ellidude:
Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the
representation of them as one's own original work. By WIKIPEDIA
So if one come put reference in the work just like you did by adding wikipedia. Is it acceptable...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sbrs Shortlisted Candidate For Screening Test Is Out. / NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / James Hope College Acquires American Intl' School Lagos, Offers Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.