Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu (16739 Views)

10 APC Senators Pledge Votes For Ekweremadu / Ekweremadu Wins Enugu West Senatorial Ticket / Dino Melaye Beats Smart Adeyemi To Kogi West Senatorial Seat - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
^^^Didn't read the crap you just posted; but being the political hack you are, i'm pretty sure you're rubbing your soiled hands with glee in anticipation of the unabated raining down of 'Abuja money' into your bank account and that of your benefactor Ekweremadu! You most likely would have starved to death if Chime had managed to edge him out!

Can you swear down that you've never met this.....this politician that you've been promoting these past few weeks!?

You guys are the problem of Ndigbo in particular and Nigeria in general!

1 Like

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
Uduaghan Steps Down

https://www.nairaland.com/2030652/governor-uduaghan-steps-down-james

So, no be only Enugu. All these greedy governors are falling in a heap.

And let nobody try to sell that Statesman b.s. To us cos we know the stopped fighting after they've lost out or schemed out or both. In Enugu Chime. Was out-rigged. He was not only schemed out, he also lost out.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by zurine(f): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
Story for the Gods
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
otil1:
Uduaghan Steps Down

https://www.nairaland.com/2030652/governor-uduaghan-steps-down-james

So, no be only Enugu. All these greedy governors are falling in a heap.

And let nobody try to sell that Statesman b.s. To us cos we know the stopped fighting after they've lost out or schemed out or both. In Enugu Chime. Was out-rigged. He was not only schemed out, he also lost out.

^^^Oh shut the fuc/k up!.....You're getting more irritating with each subsequent post!

So you're even shameless enough to admit you and your principal rigged the contest!?

Hope you choke on your next ill-gotten pay cheque!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by ejor1: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
wise decision @ eleventh hour.well udoo ga-achi
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
PROUDIGBO:

^^^Oh shut the fuc/k up!.....You're getting more irritating with each subsequent post!

So you're even shameless enough to admit you and your principal rigged the contest!?

Hope you choke on your next ill-gotten pay cheque!

Now this is getting interesting grin grin grin
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by JEITO: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
barcanista:
A PDp affair... APC is taking Enugu and other SE states
even you know that is not possible. Is it with Ezea that is in the class of David Umaru of Niger state as perennial losers that you want to do that?

APC should be bothered with retaining Imo state; which I'm sure would be very difficult sef.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by BrokenTV: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Longest tym
I dey my brother, i have been off do to some personal engagement. but always keen in when i have the time. So how are you doing.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by PhockPhockMan: 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
barcanista:
grin grin
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by o42austino(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
tooltip:
nawao!.....Gil nnaji should go and rest.....ifeoma is a very seasoned administrator and will make her mark, if given the opportunity
listen to ur self
tooltip:
nawao!.....Gil nnaji should go and rest.....ifeoma is a very seasoned administrator and will make her mark, if given the opportunity
listen to ur self, which ifeoma pls? the one that is power drunk? the whole of Enugu rejected her even b4 she show intect to contest for senator....GIL all d way.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by o42austino(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
anytexy:
Ok, now. Is Chime going to recall his deputy Onyebuchi, now he has reconciled with Ekwerenmadu. Becuse he was sacked as a result of hobnobbing wth Ekwerenmadu?
Ekwerenmadu made sunday Onyebuchi the INEC co-ordinator of the Whole eastern Region.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by miqos02(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
swagwu:
pleas which chapter in the HOLY BIBLE did u get this from...hv been lukin 4 it
psalms,i think written after the death of saul and his jonathan
2sam 1:19-27
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
More from MOE:

"Every fool in Christendom knew that there was no way Chime was going to beat DSP in Enugu West senatorial zone. The people felt let down, and you know University of Agbaja is one bone wink Even if it entails switching parties, DSP had sworn to return to the Senate. This was over ONE YEAR after I saw it coming and things going the other way.

What happened yesterday is deeper; the full effect is still unfolding.

The fact is that while you have "an ear to the ground," I do not have to stop to tell it as it is. Recall the person who fired the first shot? Ray Nnaji... way, way back  on August 4, 2013 when he ordered the DSP to bow to the Governor just because he (DSP) asked "ka a kpaa ya akpa."  That was when I saw it and called it.  

Read again:

>>>Governor Sullivan Chime must not allow peripheral party persons to stampede him into an avoidable confrontation with the Deputy Senate President. :::::. It's a fight Brother Sullivan does not need and should avoid, even if there is a 90% chance he will win; the 10% can take an extra zero in one day of petty politicking.:::::.”

It happened just that way: 100% overturn, mathematically speaking! 16 months after I foresaw it.

I didn't have to call anyone to know that it was not going to end well."
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by Arabibaba(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
God bless u Gov Sullivan Chime...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by sirwilly1(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
barcanista:
Your head correct so? Enugu of all places. APC never sabi their problem
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Naa only dey enugu? what a shame!
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Naa only him dey enugu? what a shame!
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by mej67: 6:34am On Dec 06, 2014
PROUDIGBO:
^^^Didn't read the crap you just posted; but being the political hack you are, i'm pretty sure you're rubbing your soiled hands with glee in anticipation of the unabated raining down of 'Abuja money' into your bank account and that of your benefactor Ekweremadu! You most likely would have starved to death if Chime had managed to edge him out!

Can you swear down that you've never met this.....this politician that you've been promoting these past few weeks!?

You guys are the problem of Ndigbo in particular and Nigeria in general!

@PROUDIGBO, what really is your beef with mr otil1? All you have stated above are withing allowable limits in Nairaland. When did promoting product, person, project, proposal, perspective, etc. become an issue in this forum? That you keep throwing jabs at a member because you believe that infringed on your sphere of interest, right? I can't see how promoting Ekweremmadu should be your problem... and how is that the problem of Ndiigbo in particular and Nigeria in general? If your so called 'Abuja money' rains into the pocket of a south easterner, how is that a problem? Shouldn't you be helping for more to come down this way or do i read you well that 'Abuja money' is evil?

My guestimate is that you are pained that your man, Chime's political standi is on quick sand and sink he surely will and that will be final. Even Obi, who at least could saunter to Aso Rock, will be much better that him. Chime is finished, QED.

I will be surprised if mr otil acquiesces to your request to swear. But I know he's a hardliner, albeit, a little retarded, ops, I meant backward because he simply posts media reports. If you want situation on ground, as it happens, tap on my door.

For instance, right now in Enugu, I can tell you that the politics is exceeding boiling point.
Ekweremmadu is now using failed Chime as a shield to decapitate all those that fought with him, and they are not taken it lightly. Chime apparently restored to his emperor seat by Ekweremmadu, all through the week held more kangaroo adoption meetings and there are now (fake) concesus candidates for virtually all posts -all senate, house of rep and senate. This situation has thrown virtually old the Abuja politicians out of favour in the elections of today and tomorrow and it is not funny. I moved around and saw usual war moves like quartering delegates: Frank Nweke, in charge of East delegate (approved by court) has pulled off the alliance and is keeping his delegates. Ozomgbachi, hated by Chime and despised by Ekweremmadu has taken delivery of majority of his Udi/Ezeagu delegates and is getting them set for a show down today. Same in Nsukka, where Chime's former commissioner and ally, Ike Ugwuegede has rejected Chime's concensus anointment of Vita Abba, the sick former state party chairman.

So today, expect explosion. There will be parallel primaries and there will be multiple court actions.

For the new sweet hearts -Chime/Ekweremmadu, it is convenient in that Chime now has the tool to bring down as many of his old ebeano politicans as possible to pave way for his hope of his own political dynasty. But he will be shocked, because DSP is playing to be the ultimate inheritor and will in fulness of time scatter all that Chime thinks he is gathering. For Ekweremmadu, the happiest man on the block. He is poised to become the most successful of the ebeano alumni -something Chime thought was going to be his. That's the trophy and that's the cause of the war. Enugu should brace itself for a life senator and Udi/Ezeagu shall become perpetual political slaves to Awgu. Talk of reversal of history. That is Chime's gift to ndi agbaja.

For Ekweremmadu, even with his colleagues accusing him of treachery, they are dead anyway and he is using the combo power of gov/DSP to weed them all out (after saving his younger brother, Ekweremmadu Jnr in ENHA and Tobi in Reps). But he too will get a big shock. The avalance of litigaton that will erupt in Enugu can consume everything, even his candidature. People of Awgu are beginning to look inwards after they suffered maximum defeat while maintaining alliance with him.

I great you all

1 Like

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by mej67: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Congrats Otil; for making front page. I guess you not aware yet. Hardwork pays. Don't mind my comment. You should know that I mean well grin grin
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by Mortiano(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2014
barcanista:

impossible
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by swagwu(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
miqos02:
psalms,i think written after the death of saul and his jonathan
2sam 1:19-27
thnx xo much...
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by mej67: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
swagwu:
thnx xo much...

Enugu PDP Cracks into multiple pieces as parallel primaries held in almost all federal constituencies in the State. Details soon.

Otil, how far??
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
Parallel primaries. Army used to drag us out of Udi LGA ground and Coal city Buses brought government delegates. Phone calls and we were told to stay and see whipping and flogging. Women, some with children, girls, men and boys. It was commotion galore.

They had their way and we did ours further down the gate and they did theirs inside and declared Denis winnier. Ozomgbachi won in our own naturally and told us to keep rejoicing.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 8:48am On Dec 07, 2014
From what we faced yesterday, a lot of my colleagues are scared of going to Awgu.

There is palpable fear in Ekweremmadu quarters that with the way things are going, nobody should be surprised if Chime organises a parallel primary to elect himself.

If that happens, the Chime cannever be trusted again. I will be in Awgu come rain come shine.
Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Awgu election calm. No issues whatsoever. On my way to my village

Re: Enugu West senatorial seat: Chime steps down for Ekweremadu by otil1: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
PDP Senatorial Tickets: Govs Uduaghan, Chime Forced Out By Power Play
Chibuzo Ukaibe, Mike Ubani and Kola Eke-Ogiugo, Mohammed Ismail
— Dec 6, 2014 | Leave a comment
As the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) begins its primaries to choose its candidates for the National Assembly elections, an intense power play, intrigues and upsets have forced two frontline governors to abandon their senatorial ambitions.

Barely 48 hours to the party’s senatorial primaries, governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan and his Enugu State counterpart, Sullivan Chime, lost in the power tussle in the state as they declared their withdrawal from the party’s senatorial primaries.

While Uduaghan intended to unseat Senator James Manager in the tussle for Delta South Senatorial District, Chime was up against the deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, in the race for Enugu West Senatorial District.

While the House of Representatives primaries of the party hold today, the senatorial primaries are scheduled for tomorrow.

Explaining why he withdrew from the Delta South Senatorial race, Uduaghan beaming with smiles said he resolved to withdraw from the race in the interest of peace and tranquillity, noting that he considered the fragile peace currently in the state.

The announcement which took Deltans by surprise came against reports that some youth groups allegedly from the Ijaw ethnic nationality, had purportedly threatened to make the state ungovernable.

Sources from the state said that the alleged youth had also written several letters to the governor, warning him to drop his senatorial ambition.

However, the governor said, “I decided to withdraw from the race having received several security reports indicating danger and trouble for the state. I do not want a repeat of Ijaw and Itsekiri crisis; I do hope the peace will be sustained.”

On his part, the Enugu State governor who has been at loggerheads with Sen Ekweremadu withdrew from the contest saying he did so in the interest of the party.

The chief press secretary to the governor, Barr Chukwudi Achife, who confirmed this development in a telephone interview said, the governor jettisoned his ambition to dislodge the current senator representing the Enugu West Senatorial District, Ike Ekweremadu “in the interest of the party”.

According to Achife, the governor in taking the decision not to run said that the “interest of the party overrides the interest of any politician or group.”

In a related development, the political landscape in Enugu had been overheated in the past few weeks following Chime’s earlier decision to contest the senatorial seat of Enugu West Senatorial Zone.

This development had led to the factionalisation of the state chapter of the PDP into the Chime and Ekweremadu camps with each camp employing both conventional and unconventional means to stay on top of the struggle for supremacy.

LEADERSHIP Weekend gathered that Governor Chime agreed to step down for Sen Ekweremadu after he was assured by the national leadership of the party that he would be allowed to produce his successor.

Governor Chime had earlier announced Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi as his successor, a development which rankled Sen Ayogu Eze, who currently represents Enugu North Senatorial Zone at the Senate.

Senator Eze is also angling to succeed Governor Chime but following Governor Chime’s decision to pull out of the race on the ground that he would be allowed to produce his successor, it is doubtful whether Senator Eze would make it at the governorship primaries.

It would be recalled that the camp loyal to Sen Ekweremadu had produced all the delegates during the November 1 ward congress held in the state.

Besides Uduaghan and Chime, other governors angling for senatorial seats are Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Babangida Aliyu (Niger) Jonah Jang (Plateau), Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) and Theodore Orji (Abia).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Declare War On Armed Herdsmen / Emefiele, FG May Settle Out Of Court Over Fraud Allegations - The Cable / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.