Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live (3068 Views)

Poll: United versus Sunderland,who wins?

United: 91% (22 votes)
Sunderland: 8% (2 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 20th May 2015 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 22nd November 2014 / Arsenal Vs Sunderland (0 - 0 ) On 18th August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by donaremu(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2008
j-girl:

I know they didn't play well but they still deserved more than 1-0. Sunderland played well enough to keep us in the dark the whole game but that's not what I expected.

J-girl,
I surely agree, we should have won with more goals if we played well in the first half. I noticed that we struggles to win if we didn't score in the 1st half of the game.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by jgirl3: 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
donaremu:

J-girl,
I surely agree, we should have won with more goals if we played well in the first half. I noticed that we struggles to win if we didn't score in the 1st half of the game.
Exactly! We started hustling to score in the second half and that's when we tend to look really good most times. . . but look pitiful if we don't score.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by donaremu(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2008
I think Berbatov has not yet blend with the team, Ronaldo is not playing excellent well and he does not play for the team most times, Rooney is not in his top form and Tevez is not sure of his future in the team. If these guys are plays superbly Man United will defeat any opposition.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by marlet01(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2008
Y'all was lucky 2 have escaped the spirit of draw, twas really knockin' on your door yesternight, you should be really happy for that goal instead of lamentin' some squandered opportunities by your players. Remember the league is still open.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 07, 2008
What kind of performance is this sef?
After 95-5% possesion,and only one lucky goal?
I tire.
Still yet to be impressed by our strike force.
Not clicking into any gear at all.
Shoulda demolished this team by 6 or 7.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by omitutu: 11:24am On Dec 07, 2008
Eastbay:

What kind of performance is this sef?
After 95-5% possesion,and only one lucky goal?
I tire.
Still yet to be impressed by our strike force.
Not clicking into any gear at all.
Shoulda demolished this team by 6 or 7.

Well, you are worried for good reason my friend.

Berbatov leading the strike force does not give the same
movement as Tevez and Rooney and Ronaldo did last season.

That is no slight on Berbatov. He is a magnificient player with
excellent touches on the ball.

But bar the extra height, I do not see much of an upside to his
addition, at least as a starter.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2008
cold-water,
Guy,one guy keeps bringing up the issue of 6 goals and 6 assists by Berbatov.
The guy is HARDLY impresive.
Sure,he has great touches.But in front of goal,he is hardly the predator we need.
As far as I'm concerned,we don't have championship-winning form.
Why Tev wasn't started is beyond me.
Maybe he has to score 6 goals in a game to give him the guarantee.It's depressing seeing a player of his class being benched for Berba.

In my estimation:30million=GOALS.

Berba last scored against Stoke.No diss to them,but that is hardly opposition you should be gloating about.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by Cristalz(f): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2008
Why don't we give Berba a little more time. I'm not happy about his productivity either, but I think its still early yet. . .perhaps one more month undecided
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by RuuDie(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2008
Well. . . . . Its pretty hard 2 score against a side thats got 10 outfield players behind the ball & camped in their own half of the pitch.
We showed a lot of spirit fightyn the dearth-if u have title winnyn ambitions, thats vital.

Berba's finally g'onna hit it off. . . . . . Remember carlito
I've come 2 believe in SAF's judgement. . . . . Its all about the long run & the benefits of a bigger, experienced squad!
We've still got it in the tank. . . . . . As far as we get the results, i don't care who's on the bench!
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by Sauron1: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2008
RuuDie:

Berba's finally g'onna hit it off. . . . . . Remember carlito
I've come 2 believe in SAF's judgement. . . . . Its all about the long run & the benefits of a bigger, experienced squad!
We've still got it in the tank. . . . . . As far as we get the results, i don't care who's on the bench!

Don't mind the anti-Berbatov crusade. . . . .

It took Tevez 18 games to score 6 goals last season and Berbatov has done thatin 15 games or there about.
Besides, if u consider the tough teams we have played u cannot really blame Berbatov.
United have played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn, Everton, Man City, Pompey, Aston Villa AWAY FROM HOME.
All these teams finished immediately below Man Utd last season so they are all tough customers.
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by A40(m): 1:07am On Dec 09, 2008
Eastbay:

cold-water,
Guy,one guy keeps bringing up the issue of 6 goals and 6 assists by Berbatov.
The guy is HARDLY impresive.
Sure,he has great touches.But in front of goal,he is hardly the predator we need.
As far as I'm concerned,we don't have championship-winning form.
Why Tev wasn't started is beyond me.
Maybe he has to score 6 goals in a game to give him the guarantee.It's depressing seeing a player of his class being benched for Berba.

In my estimation:30million=GOALS.

Berba last scored against Stoke.No diss to them,but that is hardly opposition you should be gloating about.

I concur Mon Frere for 30 million pounds Berbatov should be able to run on top of water and walk on thin air grin grin i am not convinced he is worth that money and starting him ahead of Tevez is as unfair as it gets
Re: Manchester United (1) Versus Sunderland (0) : Live by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
It's not an anti-Berba Crusade,Mr. Sauron.
Fact is:the guy is not delivering.QED.
Roo,Ruud,Saha,Yorke,Teddy.
All scored on their united debuts and became regular scorers.Berba is scoring against Stoke and Aalborg and West Brom and we're hailing him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs Deal With Malta Guinness Nigeria / Bayern Munich Vs Werder Bremen (4 - 1) On Sat 3rd December 2011 / Never Been Relegated La Liga Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.