Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security (15550 Views)

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details / Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
Every second topic is just hiting front page
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by solochris(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
comments on FP are no longer interesting cos pple r always in a hurry typing sh*ts just to book space. next page jare make I read better comments

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by cecs(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
Suleima Abba+GEJ........way to kirikiri ree oh cos goje prison won't be enurf for u and ur boss.....a whole IG who has turned to political tug....!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
Chukwudi44, come say rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by hillsate: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Oga IG of police dont insult our intelligence.
Your boss GEJ now sees clearly that Tambuwal is not after contesting for the presidency hence a subtle way of retreating from the fight.
Did Tambuwal tell the IG that his life is threatened?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by emmatok(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
dunkem21:
This IG is too sophisticated and vast. This administration is simply classical.

The restoration of the security aides is not because of his position as a 'speaker' but for protection since he is a leading aspirant from the opposition.e

Respect, Abba!

I.G shamefully made 180degrees, for the fear of being sacked.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by holatin(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
hmmmmm who God has bless, no PDP can curse

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by anytexy: 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Good one from IG. Is good u cleared the air for some people....
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
donphilopus:

This Prisoner-In-Waiting, Abba, is still spewing balderdash. So because he defected to the Opposition Party he's no longer entitled to Security Details?! What about the National Assembly Members from Ondo State who defected alongside Mimiko defected to the PDP?! Why were their (Senators & House of Rep Members from Ondo) Security Details not withdrawn for defecting to PDP?! Is withdrawal of Security Details of Decampees only Applicable to the Opposition Lawmakers?! The IGP should shut that bleep!

This guy is just trying to tell us that his Security Details wouldn't have been restored if he had lost the APC Guber Primaries to another Aspirant.

House of Rep members are entitled to just one policeman unless you are speaker. His security was withdrawn because the police no longer recognized him as speaker.

I think they acted lawfully
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by size40: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Both Mr president and the IG of police have tested their luck against Mr speaker which Mr speaker defeated them both together. its time to seek peace.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by davidonyemayma: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Common sense ought to be common nah! The police is not restoring his security details since he has lost his seat as a member of the House of Representatives, rather, the police is providing him with security as a candidate for governorship election.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by dunkem21(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
emmatok:

I.G shamefully made 180degrees, for the fear of being sacked.

Lol @ sack. The IG has not recognized him as the speaker. The security details will be restored to guard him as he embarks on campaign but they will never follow Tambuwal to the house of reps.

The IG is smart.

BTW, when are they resuming plenary.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
GhaliNaaba:
I pity your mother and you dey do fine boy for outside, so you can't approach a lady with your mouth. I pity the pussy you follow to this world. undecided

how i choose to approach a lady is non of ur biz. THE MAIN THING IS TO APPROACH LADIES. DUMB ARRSEE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by GhaliNaaba(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
grin grin grin
searching4love:

how i choose to approach a lady is non of ur biz. THE MAIN THING IS TO APPROACH LADIES. DUMB ARRSEE
you dey disgrace men bro. grin I know you need help.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
Unblockable:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/05/nigeria-police-restore-speaker-tambuwals-security
I hate 9ja police with passion, God knows! sad can't wait for April/May 2015 to bid 9ja farewell grin...rubbish!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by joa2013: 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
Blackchampion:
I repeat d seat of the Speaker of Nigerian House of Reps is still vacant.
How far bro? Did you take your drug today? Prevent relapse as much as possible, insanity no good o!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Blackchampion(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
joa2013:
How far bro? Did you take your drug today? Prevent relapse as much as possible, insanity no good o!
Hey Kid! i ain't here to throw jabs ok?
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by orimsamsam(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
In one sentence police is going to provide security for tambuwal. Why is it that whoever jonathan fight with always get promoted by God. Naw tambuwal is goin to be the governor of sokoto state

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by darne(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
I Laugh in Pidgin

kra kra kra kra kra cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nctrice(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
the security details are meant for him not because he is a speaker, but because he is a party flag bearer! OP your the Topic of your thread is misleading!
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
dunkem21:
This IG is too sophisticated and vast. This administration is simply classical.

The restoration of the security aides is not because of his position as a 'speaker' but for protection since he is a leading aspirant from the opposition.

Respect, Abba!

I don't know why people are interpreting this as a U-turn

The IG is in order. No hard feelings, Tambuwal is no longer speaker.

His security is restored because he is an aspirant for governor.

I don't see why it's too hard to understand
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by ideology(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
donphilopus:

This Prisoner-In-Waiting, Abba, is still spewing balderdash. So because he defected to the Opposition Party he's no longer entitled to Security Details?! What about the National Assembly Members from Ondo State who defected alongside Mimiko to the PDP?! Why were their (Senators & House of Rep Members from Ondo) Security Details not withdrawn for defecting to PDP?! Is withdrawal of Security Details of Decampees only Applicable to the Opposition Lawmakers?! The IGP should shut that bleep!

This guy is just trying to tell us that his Security Details wouldn't have been restored if he had lost the APC Guber Primaries to another Aspirant.

Bros don't be sentimental
The constitution never said anything about a defecting governor or defecting members of national assembly but Defecting members of the national assembly holding positions
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by donphilopus: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
ideology:

Bros don't be sentimental
The constitution never said anything about a defecting governor or defecting members of national assembly but Defecting members of the national assembly holding positions

Pls, where in the Constitution is that?! BTW, I wasn't referring to the Governor, but the Lawmakers!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
If anybody thinks Tambuwal will carry on as speaker they are learning

While the IG has done the right thing to restore Tambuwal's security given his new status as governorship aspirant, the fight with Tambuwal is far from over.

The only way this battles ends now is if a Tambuwal smartly steps down both as speaker or rep member and then focus on his guber campaign.

Election is 2 months away

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by ideology(m): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
donphilopus:

Pls, where in the Constitution is that?! BTW, I wasn't referring to the Governor, but the Lawmakers!
Funny enough you seem not to even know what the section says.

The constitution only mentioned lawmakers in national assembly holding positions,

so If a defecting lawmaker is not holding any position like Speaker, deputy speaker, majority or minority leader, he is not covered by the section
He can defect. If speaker defects, he is holding a positions, he is to vacate his office or present a proof that the political party whose platform he used to get elected is no longer in existence or has merged.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by donphilopus: 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
ideology:

Funny enough you seem not to even know what the section says.

The constitution only mentioned lawmakers in national assembly holding positions,

so If a defecting lawmaker is not holding any position like Speaker, deputy speaker, majority or minority leader, he is not covered by the section
He can defect. If speaker defects, he is holding a positions, he is to vacate his office or present a proof that the political party whose platform he used to get elected is no longer in existence or has merged.

You're trying to make the this particular Section of the Constitution suit you. Don't tell me you're referring to Section 68 of the Constitution because I've not seen anything of such there. Unless it's another section. Pls lemme know the section the section of the constitution you're interpreting!
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by ideology(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
donphilopus:

You're trying to make the this particular Section of the Constitution suit you. Don't tell me you're referring to Section 68 of the Constitution because I've not seen anything of such there. Unless it's another section. Pls lemme know the section the section of the constitution you're interpreting!

Read that section again from beginning to end.
There are some provisors.
Our politicians are selfish, don't be deceived they are all fighting for themselves.
Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
eleko1:
undecidedÛ aren't looking for a wife material @ all going by ur post but a free toto.Hope dos desperate lady dnt fall for ur prank.#Seem U are serious?Oya,give me Ur full name,need to consult Orunmila to be sure#

What's wrong with free ****?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by eleko1: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dis Sule of IG is a pathetic foolish man.He's a disgrace to the uniformhe wear.Trying to save face with all dis Jankara talk.Make anything happen to Tambuwal,he'll knw that what is happening upNorth is a Child play.Make dey Nor Burn Niagra with their idiocy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
omojoshy:
I hate 9ja police with passion, God knows! sad can't wait for April/May 2015 to bid 9ja farewell grin...rubbish!!!
Lie tongue.. The Police is your FRIEND grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Open Lagos Govt's Books - Sanwo-olu, Hamzat / Nigeria May Have Been Wiped Off By Now If Not For Buhari — Femi Adesina / Liberian Civil War (pictures Of The Peace Keepers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.