Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award (27284 Views)

Mohammed Abubakar Honours 11 Corpers In Bauchi (Photos) / Photos From The 2014 President's NYSC Honours Award At The Villa / The 2013 NYSC PRESIDENT HONOURS' AWARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Now that's a million dollar question. We are hoping (praying actually) that the award holds before the election but no one - except the President - can answer that question for now. You should join our whatsapp group - if you haven't - to get minute-by-minute update and meet other award winners too.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Koya86:
Now that's a million dollar question. We are hoping (praying actually) that the award holds before the election but no one - except the President - can answer that question for now. You should join our whatsapp group - if you haven't - to get minute-by-minute update and meet other award winners too.
thanks bro,with God on our side,our hope is alive,i ve bn supplyn vital info to the whatsapp forum through one of us.thanks and keep faith next week is likely based on fresh info.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yes! Before election!
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by chrt4all: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2015
pls wats the whatsapp group and hw can one connect?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by chrt4all: 8:20am On Jan 24, 2015
samuelkaykay:
thanks bro,with God on our side,our hope is alive,i ve bn supplyn vital info to the whatsapp forum through one of us.thanks and keep faith next week is likely based on fresh info.
pls wats the whatsapp group and hw can one connect?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by chrt4all: 8:45am On Jan 24, 2015
Harrypoter:
Hey Peeps
Havn read all ur comments here. Here is my take. I did abt 8 proj & i happn 2b lucky & in good termz wit my ZI. He guided me wit tips and coupled wit the xperience i got frm an ex-awardee corps member, i waz able to beat the challenge. Frm wat i gathered, the selection process is being done/Salection based on category
1. Education
2. Health
3. Empowerment
4. Infrastructure & so on
Then ur personal qualities such as
1. Sense of Leadership
2. Emotional poise
3. Ability to raise/source for funds
4. Skills & so on
Mind you there are assessment forms frm camp & also service period evn thou this does nt really affect your score

Another factor is your REPORT- Proper report shld be done & accurate pictorial evidences clearly shwn in a self explanatory manner.

Your CDS activity should be well covered & included in your report.

Recommendation letters should be collected from all the Sector/Institution affected & attached in the report

Incase of any purchase, receipt should also be attached to the report

Incase of any publication, kindly attach a copy of the page.

Make sure that all the projects applied for haz all been executed.

Lastly, ensure that at-least in 2/3 of your projects, someone from NYSC or an invited guest is there to witness it & photos should be taken & included in the report.

Dont wanna ryt mch actually but alwyz hv the intention of transforming peoples lives & the award will surely come. I never tot i could until when i did.

I remember a community hospital i donated some basic materials to. These people were grateful to the extent that i had 2cry.....They do call me & sends text messages 2me with alot of well wishes uptil 2dae.

In my own batch, the 1st position was nt called for the Presidential award & i waz the 2nd Best.
He build a giant cybercafe & well equipped in the Governors home twn, sponsored by the emir....which is a project under EDUCATION alone & it earned him 1st position in the state award.

I hope this helps.......

in addition, scores are awarded for each stage of service.
Performance at orientation and pop gets 20%, performance at group cds gets 20%, performance with individual cds projects gets 20% and then performance at ppa/ work place/ employers recommendation gets the highest of 40%. The problem is most individuals focus so much on individual cds even when it only gives them a maximum of 20%. Take for instance an individual builds a mansion for his personal cds and scores 15 or 16% but then he is nt dedicated at his wrk place and scores 10 out of available 40% or is nt actively involved in group cds and scores 5%, and scores 10% for orientation, he would end up with a total of 40%.Nw compare with anothr who doesnt put up a gigantic personal cds project and scores 10%, but does well in ppa and scores 35% and doesnt do too well in both grp cds and orientation and scores lets say 5% each, he wud end up with a total of 55% and wud be chosen ahead of the individual who spent so much money and resources on the personal cds but neglected the others.
in essence, ur ppa/ employers and staff recommendations carry the greatest weight in deciding whether u get awarded. The reason being that the awarders knw fully well that most individuals wud selfishly go all length to win awards by their personal cds projects, some even stealing or engaging in immorality to raise funds just to be awarded. This is why it seems like someone who didnt do much in terms of personal cds project gets taken ahead of one who spends millions of naira on several projects. No matter hw many projects u carry out and hw much u spend, u cannot score more than 20% out of the total 100% available for collection.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2015
chrt4all:

in addition, scores are awarded for each stage of service.
Performance at orientation and pop gets 20%, performance at group cds gets 20%, performance with individual cds projects gets 20% and then performance at ppa/ work place/ employers recommendation gets the highest of 40%. The problem is most individuals focus so much on individual cds even when it only gives them a maximum of 20%. Take for instance an individual builds a mansion for his personal cds and scores 15 or 16% but then he is nt dedicated at his wrk place and scores 10 out of available 40% or is nt actively involved in group cds and scores 5%, and scores 10% for orientation, he would end up with a total of 40%.Nw compare with anothr who doesnt put up a gigantic personal cds project and scores 10%, but does well in ppa and scores 35% and doesnt do too well in both grp cds and orientation and scores lets say 5% each, he wud end up with a total of 55% and wud be chosen ahead of the individual who spent so much money and resources on the personal cds but neglected the others.
in essence, ur ppa/ employers and staff recommendations carry the greatest weight in deciding whether u get awarded. The reason being that the awarders knw fully well that most individuals wud selfishly go all length to win awards by their personal cds projects, some even stealing or engaging in immorality to raise funds just to be awarded. This is why it seems like someone who didnt do much in terms of personal cds project gets taken ahead of one who spends millions of naira on several projects. No matter hw many projects u carry out and hw much u spend, u cannot score more than 20% out of the total 100% available for collection.
it is as if you knw so much about this,check previous comments,you will find a number you can use to join,any news frm ur side?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by chrt4all: 11:44am On Jan 24, 2015
samuelkaykay:
it is as if you knw so much about this,check previous comments,you will find a number you can use to join,any news frm ur side?
i havnt heard anything concrete yet, but hopefully it should take place soon, nt sure if its before or after elections.
and cant also seem to find the number for the group
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
chrt4all:

i havnt heard anything concrete yet, but hopefully it should take place soon, nt sure if its before or after elections.
and cant also seem to find the number for the group
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by chrt4all: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2015
hello everyone. Is there any news yet about the awards? Pls what is the latest?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by cyris: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
no news yet o! Being optimistic is the only option now o
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 9:28am On Feb 24, 2015
Any update?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
Congrats guys. Heard you guys now have a date.
See you guys in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
yeah the award holds 02 March
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
This year's NYSC President's Honours award had something different added by the offer of 50 automatic employment by Heritage Bank (me no want work for bank oo). Now that we have been decorated by His excellency, past recipients in the house, please share with us necessary information that will be of help in ensuring the fulfillment of the promises- Job and scholarship. What necessary steps should we take?. We look forward to receiving your recommendation.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Dexema(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Koya86:
This year's NYSC President's Honours award had something different added by the offer of 50 automatic employment by Heritage Bank (me no want work for bank oo). Now that we have been decorated by His excellency, past recipients in the house, please share with us necessary information that will be of help in ensuring the fulfillment of the promises- Job and scholarship. What necessary steps should we take?. We look forward to receiving your recommendation.
Hello koya,congrats and how did the program go? During the whole event did you happen to see or hear of any awardee from anambra state? because I have a friend who did a heavy project in anambra and wasn't invited even the best corper in anambra batch B 2012 wasn't invited so please hint me.

Thanks
NB:Please reply as soon as you can.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sure. There were awardees from Anambra state. All the states were represented.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Ibrochaka(m): 10:07am On Apr 10, 2015
Koya86:
Sure. There were awardees from Anambra state. All the states were represented.
bro congrat, now dat power hav change frm pdp to apc, wat do u fink wil happen to dis yearly award?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Back To Back Speech Using NYSC Allawee / Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) / Corps Member Gets Engaged On Her POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.