Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses (21559 Views)

Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses 2015(with Pictures) / Nollywood Actresses And Their Personal Houses/Mansions ( Photos ) / The 10 Nollywood Actresses That Are Strongly Allergic To Poor Men ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by lalasticlala(m): 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2014
The Nigerian movie industry is growing in leaps and bounds with thespians raking in millions from endorsements and merchandising. While some are cornering big deals , others have also diversified to expand their streams of income.

In this special feature, ENCOMIUM Weekly lists five bankable actresses in Nollywood.

GENEVIEVE NNAJI

Genevieve Nnaji, 36, started her acting career as a child in the popular TV soap opera, Ripples at age 8. At 19, she did her first major movie, Most Wanted, after which she did several others.

In 2004, she was chosen as the Face of Lux toilet soap, a very lucrative endorsement deal. She also launched her own clothing line in 2008 named St. Genevieve. In May 2010, she was appointed the official face of make-up designing in Nigeria. Ms. Nnaji got a deal also as the face of a US and South African brand, Cintron energy drink for N50 million. In June 2012, she was unveiled as the brand ambassador of Range Rover Envogue by Coscharis Motors, and it was reported that they paid her $100,000.

In 2014, hard work is still paying off for the screen goddess as she joined her other colleagues as Etisalat announced her as the brand ambassador for Easy Flex, which was reportedly worth N100 million. She was also signed by Polo, an endorsement worth N50 million. She recently starred in Half of a Yellow Sun, produced by Africa’s prolific book writer, Chimammanda Adichie.

OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is definitely a household name and she is known not just in Nigeria but other parts of the world. Omosexy, as she’s fondly called, began her acting career in 1995 with the movie, Venom of Justice.

She did her first major role in the movie, Mortal Inheritance and she has over 300 movies on her scorecard, including award-winning movie, Ije, which made her N30 million richer and Last Flight to Abuja in which she made N24 million.

In 2013, Omotola was honoured as one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine alongside Michelle Obama, Beyonce and Kate Middleton.

On February 7, 2014, Omosexy turned 36. She also signed a multi-million naira deal with Ghandour Cosmetics, a company based in Ghana. She will be the Face of BO-16, a hair relaxer and hair care range for the Ghanaian company.

FUNKE AKINDELE

Pretty and likeable actress Funke Akindele shot to limelight with her popular movie, Jenifa, and Return of Jenifa 1 and 2. In Return of Jenifa, she ranked in over N35 million.

2013 was indeed a year of blessing in the life of Funke as she enjoyed some major endorsements as the ambassador for Vitaform, where she reportedly got N20 million. She also had endorsement deals with Qlichy.com, , Globacom, Klin Detergent and Lagos Inland Revenue Service.

Funke Akindele has also featured in scores of movies including A Wish, Jet Fighter, White Hunters, Sherikoko, Married but Living Single, The Hero, Oga On Top and so many others.

Recently, over 28 students graduated from her film academy, Scene One School of Drama, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

KATE HENSHAW

Kate Henshaw launched herself into Nollywood in 1993 with the hit movie, When the Sun Sets. She won the Africa Movie Academy Award in 2009, for the Best Actress in a Leading Role in the movie, Stronger Than Pain. The ebony actress is the ambassador of Onga seasoning and Face of Blessing Perfumes. She is also an ambassador of Samsung mobile alongside music star and label owner, Banky W.

Kate Henshaw was once one of the ambassadors for telecommunications giant, Globacom. In 2013, she released her autobiography, The Life of an Actress and it was reported she got N5 million from Rivers State government. Kate Henshaw was also among the judges of Nigeria’s Got Talent and sources claimed she was paid N43 million, including seating allowance. She is a single mother of one daughter, Ella. Kate was born on July 19, 1971.

MERCY JOHNSON

Mercy Johnson is presently one of the busiest actresses in Nollywood. The curvy thespian is the toast of many producers. Mercy is a big media brand though with no major endorsement deal yet.

The Kogi born movie role interpreter, pockets between N1.5 million and N2 million per script. While Mercy was pregnant, many movie producers struggled for her baby bum to appear on their movie jacket and they wrote scripts to align with her pregnancy.

Among Mercy’s movies are Baby Oku in America, Obioma, The Slave Girl, Heart of a Fighter, Mud of Hardship, Daniella, Endless Agony, Immaculate Heart, Painful Souls, Weeping Kingdom, and many others.

Mercy Johnson was born on August 28, 1984 and she is married to an Edo prince, Prince Okojie and their union is blessed with a daughter, Purity.

– AJOKE ONITOLO

http://encomium.ng/5-nollywood-most-bankable-actresses/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by lalasticlala(m): 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by DollyParton1(f): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Most Bankable Space/plot o.

In other news, dunno what people watch in Mercy Johnson. I don't like her crying roles in movies. Girl gets on my nerves with her over interpretation of roles.
Others are very brilliant actresses though, especially Kate Hensaw.

And finally, lalasticala, let's move your ministry to its permanent site.
You need to staring blogging soon.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
The way entertainment news keeps flooding fp these days something tells me dat nametalkam of naijapals is a mod here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
Congrat to them.

Can't celebrities have they private life.
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
where is my beloveth tontolet,, I smell rigging in the highest order
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by dmjinc(m): 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
Plot4 tongue tongue
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by ROZZAYY(f): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
Half of them bleach tongue

Geneviev no know say she don old she go dey dress like person of 20 yrs

Mercy johnson omor ibira

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by demsid(m): 12:00am On Dec 06, 2014
they are trying . hard fuuccckk work pays

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by demsid(m): 12:10am On Dec 06, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Lol ayam waiting for it to get to fp b4 I comment my reserve.
na there u go old. so all lalastic posts av got front page future
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Baritone(m): 1:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Lalasticlala.. u too dey cause holdup for front page...
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by missterious(f): 1:50am On Dec 06, 2014
Hmm. Predictable list.

That dress Genny is wearing is UGLY!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by zopaks: 1:51am On Dec 06, 2014
nice list
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by dre11(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2014
Nothing is new with this list.. ..

It's still thesame old faces
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by mcmukoko12(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2014
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by macpetrus(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2014
Bankable or Bangable? wink
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by REB3L(m): 7:14am On Dec 06, 2014
op there's nothing special and interesting about this list....intact sef why did I comment
#charitycomment
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by ibrews: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Good for them...#charitycomment
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by accurate0805: 7:17am On Dec 06, 2014
Bankable but still bangable

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Isiterere(m): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2014
Money everywhere.
I'm also bankable op.

I tried to closed my salary account with FCMB 3days ago, my plea to closed it was rejected. My account officer and 2 other staff kept on begging me against it. They even gave me alternative of converting it to savings account.

Am I not bankable ?

Btw, are you telling us only the Females Celeb are bankable , what of the males ?

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by coolzeal(m): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2014
Really..... women empowerment and they have actually made it big. They work hard and have achieved success. Good for them.
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by yim(f): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2014
OP, u like celebs gan o, plus u need a blog of ur own
U forgot to add dat Genny was signed by Amstel Malta recently

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by ochallo: 7:18am On Dec 06, 2014
When i return from schooling in france, i'm going to nollywood to make it big time.

By the way, the word is Rake in Millions not ranked in millions, that is how they speak it here in France.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Youngzedd(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2014
Okay naa.

Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by debrihachi(f): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2014
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by seedorfg(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2014
Mtcheeeeeew not even billion, next
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by Bennyberry(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2014
Anoda mumu go cum here and type -vanity upon vanity
Re: 5 Most Bankable Nollywood Actresses by iheanyi40(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2014
macpetrus:
Bankable or Bangable? wink
chai grin na wetin i wan talk o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Actress Monalisa Chinda's New Look In These Magnificent Photos / Davido Cancels Zimbabwe Show Over Tagbo Controversy / Black People Are Rome, Heads Of The Illuminati And Only Fools Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.