Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious (1770 Views)

Some Of The World's Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken. / This Is Way Too Much! (warrning: Adu.lt Content) / Nairaland Featured On Yahoo Homepage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by wo1F(m): 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dear Seun Osewa,

I have noticed with dismay that the frontpage of this great forum has been hijacked by terrorists. Yes terrorist! Because I fail to understand why any sane individual would embark on an aggressive per second update of the homepage.
The frontpage of this forum used to be revered and topics worth their salt.

Today it has totally gone to the dogs. If you're not convinced of this assertion, why not take a stroll down some of those topics on FP, you'll discover that the pages hardly go beyond page 3. This is opposed to when as a rule FP threads had a minimum of 20 solid pages filled with quality and incisive discourse.

Now go take a look at what's happening to those threads your 'boys' put out there, its a real mess. I just dey shake my head throughout today. I no fit read any of those topics.

I expect you to solve some of the nagging problems we've been experiencing such as those posed by the Space Bookers Association of Nairaland otherwise known as Nairaland. But all you've done in effect is help spread their ministry.

In closing I want to urge you to as a matter of urgency revert to the old system where threads where allowed to mature at the section level before been pushed forward to the homepage. This will amongst other things help to;

1) Cut drastically the activities of Nairaland members as pages would have progressed way beyond page 1 and its direction of discourse already clearly established. This na serious check against Nairaland members who are not interested in discourse of any sort.

2) Modelling the direction as well as improving the content of thread discourse.

3) Ultimately keeping your premium members who are very highly placed people of corporate Nigeria but who still find time to drop in on your little web due the quality of some posters submissions.

I know say you dey find money as evidenced by your recent search for a paid supermod, but please don't sacrifice content for some mediocre gain that won't even last.

Cheers bro.

38 Likes 16 Shares

Re: OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by mistayeancah(m): 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
True.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 06, 2014
Lol, this one is strong. smiley
Re: OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by sholay2011(m): 12:44am On Dec 06, 2014
Nice one OP. And you really laid out your points well...

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by bruno419(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2014
true talk..any page i open 2 people comes to my mind....
1;lascalasca or wateva grin
2;realmrstan grin grin

seun do something nairaland don dey de boring o

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Homepage Is Way Too Busy To Be Taken Serious by lalasticlala(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2014
mail the mods

(1)

- / Jaavanpatio- The Best Source To Find Artistic Outdoor Furniture For Restaurants / Very Tragic Accident At Fadeyi, Lagos - Corpses Littered Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.