Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School (21044 Views)

Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record / Photos: 22 Year Old Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin / Nigerian Law School 2013/2014 Part II, Eligible Applicants Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by lalasticlala(m): 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
All hopes may yet not be lost about the future of the nation’s legal system following the recent mass failure recorded at the Nigerian Bar examinations, with the dazzling performance of 22-year old Osarieme Anita Omonuwa at the last Call-to-Bar examinations in Abuja.
Osarieme Omonuwa earned one of the First Class passes at the Bar final examinations out of 6, 883 students that sat for the examinations.

Consequently, she bagged a total of six prizes at the November 26, 2014 graduation ceremony, underlining her academic excellence in her chosen legal profession.

The six prizes won by Miss Omonuwa include the Clarks Legal Prize for best performance in Part 2; Equity and Trust, presented by David Rintoul; the Managing Partner, Keith Wright Memorial Prize for best overall performance in Part 2; the Shoosmiths Prize for best overall performance in Part 2; and, the Boinime Jackson Lott Foundation Prize.

The Edo State-born Osarieme Omonuwa not only came to the Law school with a University of Reading, England, First Class Degree in Law, but also emerged as the very first Nigerian to graduate in the Bar final examinations from overseas with a First Class, BL degree – a feat in the 51-year existence of the Nigerian Law school.

She was the only graduate of all the admitted Nigerians from overseas who scaled the hurdles at the examinations with a First Class pass.

Reporting on her rare academic performance in 2013, THISDAY noted that Osarieme Anita Omonuwa bagged a First Class degree in Law at Reading University in the United Kingdom with exceptional brilliance and subsequently bagging many prizes.

Omonuwa, then 20, also received the 2012 prestigious “Chancellor's Award” of the university for her outstanding academic performance.
By the exceptional academic feat, she became the first black woman to win the Reading University Chancellor's Award.

The chancellor of the university, Sir John Madejski, on the occasion of the award presentation , described Omonuwa as “representative of our brightest and best students”.
Like a harbinger of her uncommon academic glory in law, she had three years earlier, in 2010, earned the Reading University Scholarship Award for academic excellence and won recognition as the overall best in the International Foundation Programme.

In 2012, Anita’s academic awards haul included the Clarks Legal Prize for the best performance in Part 2 Equity and Trust, presented by David Rintoul, Managing Partner, Clarks Legal LLP; Keith Wright Memorial Prize for best overall performance in Part 2; and Shoosmiths Prize for best overall performance in Part 2.

In May 2013, she was at Shoosmiths LLP, UK to do a day’s internship in the Employment Department and in June, stretched her internship drive into Construction Law. The latter experience enabled her to understand hardcore legal issues including the intricacies of construction contracts and the inevitable consequences of breaching agreed terms while at the Clarks Legal LLP.

Daughter of Mr. Omoruyi Augustine Omonuwa, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and holder of national honour, had shown great promise at a very tender age when in her kindergarten days at Our Lady of Apostles School, Benin-City, she finished as the best KG pupil and had a free uniform as a “motivational prize”. She also won the 2003 Bournvita Award for overall primary school performance at the school.

Moreover, Anita won the 2008/2009 Certificate of Merit of the Igbinedion Education Centre in Benin-City as the over-all best graduating student in Accounting, English, Yoruba, Computer Science, Biology, Literature, Government, Economics, Foods and Nutrition.

Although, her excellence and subsequent sterling performance in England was then seen as the crowning of her intelligence and confirmation of her mental capacity, the latest laurel at the Nigerian Law School confirms Anita as an academic genius.

source; http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/22-year-old-earns-first-class-wins-six-prizes-in-law-school/195950/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by amAZEing: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Greatness earned. Good one there bro.

God will ever be your guiding light on the path of your destiny and shall make all resources availble for the fulfilment of Your dreams in this present age. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Does she have a BF?

Btw, UP NIGER-DELTA

3 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Congrats! Envious smiley
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Everything didn't make sense....until...
lalasticlala:

Daughter of Mr. Omoruyi Augustine Omonuwa, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and holder of national honour, had shown........

Ah..Ah..that explains it! A thousand more Nigerian student, I know personally, would have achieved same, had they that opportunity... undecided

Plus, I just thought, "why not run a search on the father and see what's he like. He was...wait for it....
HON. ATTORNEY-GENERAL AND COMMISSIONER FOR. JUSTICE, EDO STATE OF NIGERIA

Enough stolen money to train the daugther well enough.... undecided

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
Congrat to her.
Were is her picture?

3 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Odunharry(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Frontpage tinzz
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by hungryboy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
sauer:

Ah..Ah..that explains it! A thousand more Nigerian student, I know personally, would have achieved same, had they that opportunity... undecided

Plus, I just thought, "why not run a search on the father and see what's he like. He was...wait for it....

wrong, enough stolen money that could have made the daughter say
'even if i graduate with a pass, i'm still going to get a job in a big firm or ministry', but she choosed to study hard,
give honour to whom honour is due,
that girl is good.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by englishmart(m): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
this bar you talk about, is it different from mama ugochukwu's bar at summit villa?

I've come first in series of competitions in that bar. yet no awards. Instead my stomach keeps expanding. I will stop going to that bar. Maybe the op's bar is better. grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by englishmart(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
Does she have a BF?
yeah! Her boyfriend actually inspired her success.

1 Like

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
WHAT IS HER IQ? embarassed
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Richiy(f): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
sauer:

Keep your excuses because they don't really matter. Success has many fathers, even Goodluck Jonathan is now her father.

4 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by iheanyi40(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
englishmart:
this bar you talk about, is it different from mama ugochukwu's bar at summit villa?

I've come first in series of competitions in that bar. yet no awards. Instead my stomach keeps expanding. I will stop going to that bar. Maybe the op's bar is better. grin
chaigringrin

1 Like

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good for her.

Btw, the only reason I commented on this thread is because I expect to see it on FP. I mean lalasticlala and FP have a bond

2 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Morkavictor: 2:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Who has her number,i want it pls
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Tboysalau(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good for her
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
This is the first picture free lalasticlala thread I've ever come across.

It will be really nice if you can expand your niche to politicians as well as celebrities. Let Nigerians read about their past and learn. Hopefully.

Keep it up
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by missterious(f): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
sauer:

The dad may be a thief but he's not the only thief in Nigeria. Others have stolen & yet, their children turn out to be dissappointments.

I think she should be commended because she worked hard for it even if her father's money made it easier. smiley

10 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by stuff46(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
WHAT IS HER IQ? embarassed

we really need to know
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
All hopes may yet not be lost about the future of the nation’s legal system
When I saw these lines, I was in an 'awe' to know the prestigious Nigerian LAW faculty who produced this brilliant lass. undecided

I wasn't dissapointed afterall, when I saw University of Readings, England.

I bet with my newly erected five stories mansion at Banana Island that 100% of Law graduates, who failed last call-to-bar examinations are local graduates. (No offence) angry

4 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
sauer:

funny but you're not far from the truth .

1 Like

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by mya1: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
Very impressive!

For those that want her pic- see below

2 Likes

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by lalasticlala(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
hahn:
This is the first picture free lalasticlala thread I've ever come across.

It will be really nice if you can expand your niche to politicians as well as celebrities. Let Nigerians read about their past and learn. Hopefully.

Keep it up

ok
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Seanixking: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Gud for her...Atleast dat is wat u get wen u study hard..
And some nigerian girl be like
Name: Nancy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by tspun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Once you replace negative thoughts with
positive ones, you'll start having positive results.

That's the result of hardwork, Congrat.
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Maczeelly(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Harmvirus(f): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
congrats

1 Like

Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Dahkogrin007(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
good news
Re: 22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
Does she have a BF?
This is what the average nlers are interested in...... dummies angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50 Nigerian Students Sponsored By Aregbesola Graduate As Doctors In Ukraine(pics / AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi / Profile Of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, LASU Vice Chancellor (VC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.