Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Big Word - RELEVANCE And Its Misconception - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Big Word - RELEVANCE And Its Misconception (355 Views)

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon / Misconception Of The Public About Celestial Church Of Christ / The Misconstrue And Misconception Of "Aluta" By Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Big Word - RELEVANCE And Its Misconception by okabe(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
RELEVANCE...such a big word!
Relevance as we know it can be likened to a cup of water taken from sea...it's not even qualified to be given a percentage let alone be tagged part of the main deal. I'm no good with words, let alone embellishment but hopefully I'm better at analogies. Say in the jungle, take out the grass and you might have wrought great imbalance or in the marine world, tamper with the planktons, well, the rest is story for the marine biologist. Don't get it twisted, our world, yes, the human world is more or less similar to any other population on earth...even the 'least' of us have such great relevance that can never be suffocated even though most of us are oblivious to it. The truth is that, we confuse relevance with value, this shouldn't be. Though both may intersect at some point, it doesn't mean they are the same. A number of stuff in our lives are very relevant but ignorance and its cohorts have so much formed scales(crusts even) over our eyes that we are nothing short of blind. Let's discuss the consensus relevant things in life; air, water, food. These are not argued because they are percieved by many as crucial to life thus adjudged as relevant. Okay, what about the man who mends your shoes or fixes your home? What about the lady who dresses your kids up for school, makes your meal, etc? In my experience, these people are as relevant as the man who hired you, though they are not in the same league. Okay, enough of that, like I said earlier, I'm not good at this stuff. Still, I'd like to discuss value, the one we are so much familiar with. Let me start with the most popular material all over the world - money! Yes, money! We all know the major characteristic of money is that it has value. Infact, the value of money can't be over-emphasised but it might surprise you to know that its relevance doesn't match that premium value.
The word relevance simply put just means 'what matters' and what matter in this world are conditional, only one is constant - God.
Food is relevant to a hungry man but not to a drowning person(and so is water at this point)
Air is very important but not when fire is ravaging your certificates.
You may crave fire when you are a farmer looking to burn a vast plain that has been fallowed but not when you are a posh lady with a singed Brazilian hair.
Your father might be Dangote but you won't expect him to mend your shoes or drive your to school.
Your mum might be Dora(RIP) but she can't mop your Dorm room in school.
I believe I have made my point, which is...EVERYBODY IS RELEVANT...to what degree I may not be able to tell...so when next you are about to treat the next person like trash, remember this!
Cause without them, you'd be doing doing exactly what they did/do for you

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly In Life Can Satisfy A Man? / My Desire / INEC Shifts Submission For Gov, State Assembly Candidates Lists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.