Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket (25465 Views)

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Pdp Senatorial Candidate Hospitalised After Defeat / Ekweremadu Wins Enugu West Senatorial Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Emyben(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
Former Aviation Minister Stella Oduah has won incumbent Senator and wife of Chuba Okadigbo to pick PDP senatorial ticket in Anambra.

The former Minister of Aviation, who is to represent Anambra North Senatorial if she wins the forthcoming elections won with a total of 262 votes defeating incumbent senator Margary Okadigbo who got 6 votes out of the 287 total votes cast with 8 votes declared invalid by the electoral committee.

The primaries was held at Nteje, the headquarters of Oyi Local Council of the state

Ms Oduah, who was Nigeria's aviation minister accused of embezzlement with the bullet proof car purchase which eventually led to her exit at the ministry had begun mobilisation of the stakeholders' support for her ambition in Anambra North Senatorial District.
Before the Primary, Oduah who had long moved to Anambra state for almost a year now campaigning said she would provide effective representation and credible voice for the zone.

She said the zone would be restored to its pride of place where the people's creativity and entrepreneurial skills would top her priority, if voted into power.

The zone comprises seven local government areas in Anambra State – Anambra West, Ayamelum, Anambra East, Oyi, Onitsha North, Onitsha South and Ogbaru.
http://abdoolwahab..com/2014/12/former-aviation-minister-stella-oduah.html?m=1

The immediate past Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, has won the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP ticket for Anambra Senatorial seat.
In a result announced in Nteje, Anambra State, Sunday, Ms. Oduah polled 259 votes to defeat Margery Okadigbo, the incumbent, and wife of former Senate president, Chuba Okadigbo.
Mrs. Okadigbo got eight votes.

Other contestants for the ticket included Sam Ikefuna, 10 votes; and John Emeka, 15 votes.
The former minister, who picked the party’s nomination form last October, got almost 90 percent of the total votes cast by delegates.
Mrs. Oduah was removed from office in Febraury, amid allegations corruption after she ordered the purchase of armoured cars not listed in the budget, and at nearly twice the market price.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/172603-former-aviation-minister-oduah-picks-anambra-pdp-senatorial-ticket.html

[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2013/10/400x270xodua_16.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P9HnR8IdYC.webp[/img]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Fuckery

23 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Emyben(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
himkers:
Fuckery

As in?
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
himkers:
Fuckery

How does this concern you?

Is she representating Osogbo?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by sweettease(f): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
She only got 8 votes against the notorious Stella oduah!
It's a shame o undecided

9 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

How does this concern you?

Is she representating Osogbo?

Mumu. Is Osogbo in anambra?

25 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by gratieao: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
That's very gud.
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Ideyontop: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
I am happy for this woman. She is a woman with vision and would have turned around the Nigerian Aviation Industry if not for the bad belle people that set her up when they saw a loop hole! The aviation industry is still enjoying the ripples of her great transformation.

Congratulations ma!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
himkers:

Mumu. Is Osogbo in anambra?

Exactly.

Ode

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Emyben(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
I so much prefer Stella to that dullard of a woman called Margery. She never tried to imitate her husband. Mrs Okadigbo was a waste in the red chambers and her paltry 8 votes speaks volume about it.

12 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by 99100(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
They(the PDP delegates of Anambra) choosed wisely.

Good luck too her.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Emyben:
I so much prefer Stella to that dullard of a woman called Margery. She never tried to imitate her husband. Mrs Okadigbo was a waste in the red chambers and her paltry 8 votes speaks volume about it.

No election was done. I heard Uche Ekwwunife was declared winner for central when it was quite clear that Election (primaries) did not hold.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Emyben(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
himkers:

No election was done. I heard Uche Ekwwunife was declared winner for central when it was quite clear that Election (primaries) did not hold.

Well, i cant confirm but i think North had an election. I traveled to My town which was the venue and it was kinda rowdy

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
Emyben:

Well, i cant confirm but i think North had an election. I traveled to My town which was the venue and it was kinda rowdy

The election for central was supposed to hold @ finotel hotels awka today but it was shifted indefinitely, even the CP of police was there and nothing was done, only for AIT to come this afternoon to declare Uche as the winner. Now I ask, what has this nation turned into?? This is day light robbery. God punish satan!

7 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Deiok(m): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
Pdp the party of corruption, they will continue to harbor corrupt officers.

27 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by sexyedjutto: 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
APC=and d president cnt even come on tv 2 welcome nigerians into the hammartan,the government has failed!

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Descartes: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Democracy in action

When it comes to Anambra Politics, fear the Anambra North politicians.

Good they've got rid of Ms Margret Okadigbo. That woman is very clueless and I don't think she has made any contribution or sponsored any bill that is beneficial to my people and Ndigbo in general at that their Legislooting chambers.

Watch out, soon Sahara Reporters and their accomplice Premium Times will start their hate on this woman

Kudos to Ms . Oduah cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by zomby(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is not how a country moves forward.
Until all these lowlife criminals called leaders are eradicated on the face of earth our country remains backward from A to Z.

Just like the rest, Ex Aviation Minister Stella Oduah represents shameless, hopeless and desperate.

30 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by AKMoney1(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Congrats, hope she has all it takes to govern a state.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by jchima14: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
congrats to her

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Please my people,how do they carry out these primary election?.someone should help me out please.tnx.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Sijo01(f): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Stella, stella!
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
wow. All eyes on you now
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by felixchip(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
I Thank God for her.
Hmmm. I love my fellow Igbo women. cool

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by OCTAVO: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by 100Cents: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Good for her..

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by maimsy(f): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
:-XHmmm recycling of thieves

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by Tuljaking(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
umm
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by HonourablePomk: 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Good news for her btw This is a recycle na when will the younger generation be in government.Next year to avoid disaster its better for the military to come to power for a short time and sack all this fourth republic politicians. Madam please i need just one range . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by JayEye(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
ok
Re: Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket by henchamb(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
from act of God to act of parliament

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"You Are Exceptional ": Atiku Congratulates Gen. Azubuike / On The Trail Of Frail Madame Diezani Allison - Dele Momodu / Pics : Ita Giwa Launches Restaurant, Gets N5 Million From Cross River Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.