Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? (12685 Views)

My Mother 65 Years Birthday Celebrations/thanksgiving Photos / Welcome! 2014 African Customer Service Week Celebrations Don't Miss It / African Customer Service Week Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by RedArrow: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
To you...It can never be boring to me and my family
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by LORDI(m): 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
celebrating christmas till GEJ turns fisherman.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Waspy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Its the state plus economy of the nation jare angry
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
its great over here
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by acunon: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
funny thread!
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by stepo707: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
Yeah in a way.And who is that e-goat that made me scroll for a long time
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by jreyez(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nl becoming boring every single minute.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Sabotage4700(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
When will u people stop relating everything to GEJ. ?
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Bryan12(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dollar is expensive.Xmas would be boring here in Nevada
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by okonelfg(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
hhhhahaha dis is jus december nightmare it wil soon be a bygone thing........ofcos dis same tin is hapenin to me here dat lady has started complainin.lol
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by femi4: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

I know everyone (ok maybe not everyone) is happy it is less than 20days to Christmas.I am too. Sighs. It's just that that Christmas "feeling" is missing (for now)

Is it just me or the "intensity" of the celebration has declined over the years. Most people getting tired of the whole christmas cloth-christmas chicken-christmas rice thing? Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Does it have anything to do with finance? What do you think?How long do you think it is going to be before christmas is no more? It's jesus' birthday and people do not get tired of celebrating birthdays, right?

(*Talks to self: "It's just you mickey! It can't be just me"wink
Somebody is broke!

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by paleo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
I don't agree with that sir. I feel you're getting old and it's become a normal routine. remember, kids look up to it.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by hardbody: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

I know everyone (ok maybe not everyone) is happy it is less than 20days to Christmas.I am too. Sighs. It's just that that Christmas "feeling" is missing (for now)

Is it just me or the "intensity" of the celebration has declined over the years. Most people getting tired of the whole christmas cloth-christmas chicken-christmas rice thing? Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Does it have anything to do with finance? What do you think?How long do you think it is going to be before christmas is no more? It's jesus' birthday and people do not get tired of celebrating birthdays, right?

For the avoidance of doubt, Christmas is not Jesus' birthday and secondly he never celebrated it nor did he advise that it be celebrated. Read through the Encyclopaedia Britannica and confirm he was born circa October.

Having said that, I grew up travelling to the Eastern parts during this period for the singular reason that it provides an opportunity for me to meet and mix with kith and kin whom i have never seen in the past one year (I travel home regularly though as i will explain shortly).

It has nothing to do with rice, chicken, goat or meat. My meal every week must have at least three times rice and almost everyday chicken, goat (asun), barbecue, etc happen round the clock. I drink with guys after work everyday. However, that particular season, inspite of its paganistic origin just stands apart.

I used to love the fun of driving with family to Asaba, spend the night in a hotel, drive through Onitsha in the wee-hours of 24th December, visit old friends in Owerri and Umuahia to while away time and then hit my villa in the early evening to the sight of guys hanging out and drinking beer in a home environment all sprawled out and the ladies strolling around with the sexiest pairs of jeans and stuff.

This year however, i have chosen to do it differently. Last week Thursday, i personally took one car home and flew back to Lagos. I will then fly back on 23rd December, use the car for mobility and fly back to Lagos on January 11 to resume work on January 12th.

I will arrange recovery of that car when the roads have normalized. Meanwhile, i am feeling excited about the trip as always have been the case.

People will continue to celebrate this pagan traditional rites for a long time to come though because of its allure and the band wagon effect.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Neldrizzy(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kids don't even shoot Banger/Knockout anymore, they are busy pinging and whatsaaping..... During My time as a kid, by October i don de disturb the whole neighbourhood with locally made Banger, who still remember cabade or garbage ( forgotten the real name tho)

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by babaireti(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Because: Some Christian Leaders all over the world are no longer interested in Christmas because they knew dat JESUS was not born on that day,in fact as at last year pastor kumuyi said ''anyone that celebrate Christmas is an idol worshiper'',GBAM ! LOBATAN !
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by 0b1nna: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Wait... shocked there's no way you could have come up with such a smart reply. Did someone hack your account?did you copy this from somewhere?someone?tell me!

Hehehe... Some people sha! grin
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by okonelfg(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
yes it is... but its only because we Nigerians don't know how to celebrate it well sad if u go to countries like USA, UK, Germany etc..u will never get tired of Christmas!
so where are u now
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ROZZAYY(f): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
*yawns* only broke pips feel it is,wen u r loaded, bliv me its as exciting as hell.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
I can't believe that holatin1 is not on the first page of this thread. That guy is everywhere. And dreydee is a wicked spacebooker

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by tete7000(m): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Christmas celebration can never be boring, it can never be routine if it is celebrated for the sole purpose for which it was created. It is not about the new dresses, not about the chicken; it is commemoration of the greatest miracle of all time, it is about remembering how much God loves man that he left his heavenly abode and became one like us to redeem us from our sins. Yes, Emmanuel - God with us. Christ was born, heaven rejoiced, angels sang, shepherd were awed and the three magi came to present gift of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Man will on the Easter night be delivered from shackles of sins and death when crucified Christ rose from the death.
Our celebration, the clothes, the chicken and the rest must always remind us of the real essence of Christmas. When they do, our Christmas can never be boring.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by zbone(m): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
its called growing up, we all have to deal with that sometime. no one can tell me they still feel the same way they used to feel about the christmas season as a child.
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by whytepawn1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

you are growing up bro... a lot of things have taken precedence over such celebrations. for the kids its still something they look forward to.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
I can bet it that Christmas is always more exciting than the New Year
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by therevelation2: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jeezyy:
Why am I getting this feeling that this thread won't go pass 1page

Because it is a very useless thread... embarassed
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by hardbody: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
babaireti:
Because: Some Christian Leaders all over the world are no longer interested in Christmas because they knew dat JESUS was not born on that day,in fact as at last year pastor kumuyi said ''anyone that celebrate Christmas is an idol worshiper'',GBAM ! LOBATAN !

One religious organization had been preaching it since God knows when and we have been antagonizing them and calling them anti-social. Now coming from Pastor Kumuyi, it has become the truth ba?

Nigerians acting dumb since 1414 BCE

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
True jhaweh
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Arosam(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
hemartins:
I don't fancy christmas.
Maybe because i'm an introvert. I just sit in my room and watch movies.
you stil dey lie sha
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
okonelfg:
so where are u now
nigeria
Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by 100Cents: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mickey7:
Yawns

Is it just me or the "intensity" of the celebration has declined over the years. Most people getting tired of the whole christmas cloth-christmas chicken-christmas rice thing? Tired of doing the same thing over and over again? [size=20] Does it have anything to do with finance? [/size] What do you think?How long do you think it is going to be before christmas is no more? It's jesus' birthday and people do not get tired of celebrating birthdays, right?

There you have your answer...

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations;becoming A Boring Routine? by ITbomb(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
Most likely when you don't have a family or you are not close to your family (up to extended) Xmas would be some boring experience.
There is this community /family feeling that cannot be bought with money, that is what Xmas brings especially to us in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Vanguard Awards 2017 Held At Eko Hotels Last Night / Advice On Changing Wedding Date. / Can U Get Marry Just Like Pamela Anderson And Kid Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.