Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? (3728 Views)

Soldiers Flog Lady For Wearing Bum-short To A Polling Unit In Lagos / Beyonce Shares Photo of Family's Customised Timbaland Boots / Ladies: Do You Love Wearing Boots And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
I attended some military burial and i discovered that the shoes/boots of fallen heros in the army are placed on top of the coffin instead of being worn by the deceased during burial and i have being asking around but yet to get any reasonable answer as to why it is so, do you have any idea why soldiers are not buried with their shoes/boots on?
Pardon me if this is not in the right place.

Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by danielex(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Question for the gods, d gods oh
Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by igomen: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
Any reason why they should wear their boots? It is the custom world over to bury soldiers without their boots on.
Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
some folklore says it is meant for them to rest well and perhaps in their restlessness they will not disturb the living with their kicking and matching
Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
igomen:
Any reason why they should wear their boots? It is the custom world over to bury soldiers without their boots on.
any reson why they should not?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
danielex:
Question for the gods, d gods oh
dont be pessimistic, their is a reason for everything

1 Like

Re: Why Are Soldiers Not Buried With Their Shoes/boots On? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
There is an explanation to everything that is done under the sun.if things are done just for doing sake without reason................

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy UNFILTERED RAW HONEY In Lagos, Nigeria / Let your feet speak Fashion:: Easy wears (Handmade palms,male and female) / Latest Braids This Week Has To Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.