Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Best And Worst Movies For 2008 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best And Worst Movies For 2008 (3996 Views)

The Worst Movies Of 2014. / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by saintkola(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2008
Hell Boy2 is probably the worst movie of 2008
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2008
JK, yeah awesome effects and it fits the theme of the movie(s) which is sort of the supernatural. A bit dark too cheesy
rofl vantage point? That's a terrible movie. The acting was lipsrsealed The different angles to complete a picture almost put me to sleep. Didn't bother with Pineapple expresses since Seth Rogen proves to make crappy movies (by my standards)

Hellboy2 was awesome! tongue
Great effects, story line wasn't so strong but the best part were the creatures and the not killing us with the sentimental love crap grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by disease(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
Best Movies 2008
Cloverfield
The Dark Knight
Wanted undecided
The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons

Worst Movies 2008
Speed Racer
Superhero Movie tongue
Disaster Movie tongue
Step Up 2 The Streets tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2008
Lmao the people bashing Wanted had better NOT be fans of the Matrix sha
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by spikedcylinder: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2008
I was indifferent to Matrix but I'd rather swallow THAT load of crap than the Wanted BS. tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
what's the difference between the two?
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
honestly which do u prefer (without looking at the actors), pineapple express or tropic thunder,
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
Tropic Thunder

movies based on potheads are not my thing
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
Tropic thunder jare.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by doyin13(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
Dark Knight was overrated jor.

Just can't get over the whole costume thing.

It simply is a poor conduit in my opinion for
the issues it raises.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by spikedcylinder: 10:32am On Dec 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

what's the difference between the two?

Matrix explores the metaphysical. Wanted explores the stupid.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vescucci(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2008
@Doyin13. What'd you suggest? Ditch the costume? A batman film is a batman film. Besides, who said the dude didn't have an ego? Nolan went through lengths to get it into our heads that the costume wasn't just a fancy superhero costume but a practical garb with many uses. Something like Ironman's. Though I admit the thing looks ridiculous when you're dealing with serious things, but if you've seen Keaton in the stuff, you'll love Bale's.

Like Karma will say, Eat your meat! Abi na porridge?
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by annekix(m): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2008
@doyin13 (m)   

Dark Knight was overrated jor.

Just can't get over the whole costume thing.

It simply is a poor conduit in my opinion for
the issues it raises.
dude, i gotta admit i kind of agree with you there mate,  but the one thing that saved the whole film was the heath ledger's character, he really got
into the role, and portrayed joker very well.
well asper the costume thing, dude you can't expect him to fight crime naked,  abi u never read comic books as a kid?? common cut the movie some slack.

Dark night was ok,  leave it alone !!

@saintkola (m)   

Hell Boy2 is probably the worst movie of 2008
What!!! u probably watched a pirated copy!!! that movie was soooo good, it was directed by the same guy who made pans labyrinth
the story line, the concept of magical creatures,, those cute ( but terrifying ) tooth fairies,  sometimes you gotta watch these things with an open mind
go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

as for haters of cloverfiled,

Cloverfield is a bloody good movie, i am a fan of any one who brings new concepts to movies, and cloverfields concept of recording apocalypse in real time
starting of as an ordinary party and developing into a nightmare. it was different, it was cool.

so heres my list

best movies

- Be kind rewind
took me down memory lane to the times wey i dey go rent VCR for videonet (before dvds), cleaning my video head when it got dirty, lol
also the old school movies mos def and jack black reinacted eg ROBOCOP, BLUES BROTHERS etc,

Cloverfield
the signal
wall-e
iron man
The Incredible Hulk
Kung Fu Panda
hancock
you don't mess with the zohan:- very silly fun.smiley enjoyed every minute

just finished downloading quarantine
quarantine is riding on the same concept as cloverfield but in the horror zombie style, its not that great but i can live with it. though the ending left me with an empty feeling.

worst:-
10,000 BC :-

the movie was a waste of my time, waited with so much anticipation for this only to wish i never saw it! i've seen better acting in osofia in london!

, The Happening:-

i tried, i really tried, to watch this with an open mind, but after 35 minute i slammed my mind shut, the movie had soo much promise to be something better
but just failed to live up to any thing
this shyalaman director don dey vex me, they should stop that man producing horror movies, since sixth sense, his newer movies havnt made much er sense at all
, any how sha,from what i could gather the director was trying to spread the message "don't mess with nature and your environment, or nature's going to mess with you",

imagine committing suicide becuz your pot of bitter leaf soup told u to, now thats some food for thought!

food 4 thought get it??!?? any one??  undecidedgrin grin, ah whateva! angry

The Forbidden Kingdom:-

In my opinion, i think jet li should be banned from speaking English its too bad but it doesnt really gel or sound convincing when you talks and i never really take him seriously, i always always imagined, dreamed of a movie starring both the two Asian action stars, but
to play jet li as a half gay, monkey king prancing around, speaking English like a retard,
i feel the movie was meant for mentally handicapped children. My dream killed in an instant.

,jumper:-

all that teleporting got tiring and i never really warmed up to any of the characters. cool idea and powers, weak story, weaker characters, lazy scrip writing.

, journey to the center of the earth:-
  BS!! BS!!

mirrors:-

i don't know but i guess ive glued an image of sutherland playing only in 24, that seeing him playing another role looks weird. so i wouldnt say this is in the
worst category but in the ( just there category)
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2008
Doyin 13, i honestly can't believe that ud think DARK KNIGHT is overrated, i think u should go back and watch the previous BATMAN movies (especially BATMAN & ROBIN with George Clooney) back-back, then u'd understand why this movie is rated highly, Besides mention one movie this yr that is almost of the same length (time) and captivating as well,
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2008
I thought Journey to the Center of the earth was nice. A family movie.
I didn't think the The Happening was that bad but judging by Night's other movies, it sucked.
If maybe the explanation about the trees wasn't so undecided
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by doyin13(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
@all who are astounded by my Dark Knight critic

I bet it is a good film, perhaps if I had been the comic reader
in my childhood, I woulda appreciated films like this the more.

Thing is, the costumes are silly, the action is a bit over the top
with the cameras all over the place especially when he is in that
jalopy of his, for me to be awestruck.

I found the joker well a joke.

and two face. You lost the love of your life. Omo, get over it. Happens
every day. Talk about an over reaction.

Too much melodrama in my opinion.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by annekix(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2008
worst movie

The Forbidden Kingdom:-

In my opinion, i think jet li should be banned from speaking English its too bad but it doesnt really gel or sound convincing when he talks and i never really take him seriously, i always always imagined, dreamed of a movie starring both the two Asian action stars, but
to play jet li as a half gay, monkey king prancing around, speaking English like a retard,
i feel the movie was meant for mentally handicapped children. My dream killed in an instant.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by spikedcylinder: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2008
Awww. . . . . I thought the Forbidden Kingdom was funny! grin grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vescucci(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2008
Jet Li as the monkey might have passed for funny. The monk Jet Li isn't. And Jackie. Even if Jackie acted in a nollywood variation of Love, he'd still be good and funny.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2008
aww, and i thot forbidden kingdom was a bit ok, but on the other hand i couldn't go past 30mins of THE MUMMY 3 (now that was pure and total crap), is it just me or did Brendan Fraser look the same age and his son older?
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by tboy1(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
Best Movie - Dark Knight
Worst Movie- I am Legend
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by annekix(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
cmon i am legend can't be among the worst movies!!!!

guys you know what?
  i think just restricting the movies into best and worst categories is going to be a pain.

there should be a new set of additional categories:-

****  a JUST THERE category

**** a Can't see what the fuss is all about  category

and last but not least

****an "i just saw this movie at the cinemas with my date and the foolish girl slept off during the movie and now i want my money back category"! undecided

so i would say i am legend is definately among the "JUST THERE" category!
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by kantata4u: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
men i dont know for u guys o but my best movies are dark knight, kung fu panda now dat was da bomb and let us not forget cloverfield
[b]worst movies are jumper ,the mummy what the Bleep was that ,
, [/b][s]
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by spikedcylinder: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2008
vescucci:

Jet Li as the monkey might have passed for funny. The monk Jet Li isn't. And Jackie. Even if Jackie acted in a nollywood variation of Love, he'd still be good and funny.

What made it funny for me was that I went to see it with my best friend. And we were giving it Yoruba subtitles! grin grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by MadMax1(f): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
doyin13:

@all who are astounded by my Dark Knight critic

and two face. You lost the love of your life. Omo, get over it. Happens
every day. Talk about an over reaction.

grin grin grin grin

Worst movies-
Stepbrothers, so juvenile you want to kick both stepbrothing idiots where it'll hurt.
Jumper- watched it cause I liked Bell in Chumscrubbers. Disappointing. Couldn't finish.
HANCOCK! Like I am Legend, started with a lot of promise, but you'll be gritting your teeth halfway into the flick.
Wanted tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by Geekiewhiz: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
LOL at stepbrother. Very stupid film. grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by spikedcylinder: 11:36am On Dec 24, 2008
I slept at the cinema half way through Step Brothers. I woke up during the wedding scene at the end. undecided
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
hey just wanna wish u all a merry xmas and happy new yr in advance, and please dont forget to check the new group MOVIE MARKERS on "Facebook", till next yr, BYE!!!
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2008
Spike you even carry yourself go cinema to watch that movie tongue
Haven't seen it and i don't plan too.  After watching that basketball movie i had enough.

Worst movies -
Seven pounds
Che
angry
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by dinozzo(m): 1:39am On Dec 27, 2008
Best movies

The Dark Knight

Cloverfield

Ironman

Wanted

I can't really think of any other one right now

Disappointing flicks

QoS

Transporter 3

Pineapple Express, I saw nothing funny, I found Seth Rogen very annoying with all his screaming.

Hancock

If I am Legend can be categorised as a 2008 film then its on the list.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 1:42am On Dec 27, 2008
Watched Benjamin Button yesterday night and MILK the day before

Both great movies

Gonna see Doubt tonight, most likely will join the list grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by dinozzo(m): 1:52am On Dec 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

Watched Benjamin Button yesterday night and MILK the day before

Both great movies

going to see Doubt tonight, most likely will join the list grin

So Milk was nice tongue. I might see it then. Now its doubt, why not just become one of those film critics tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ONTV Is Now On DSTV (channel 257) / Cinema Launches In Oshogbo, Osun State On January 1st, 2018 / Scariest Movies You Have Ever Seen Are:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.