Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers (2526 Views)

Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / Pope Benedicts' Lenten Message: A Call To Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers by lastchild: 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
Well,I've been so worked up since few days back that my pastor said I should make my fasting and midnight prayers(especially midnight prayer) a part of my life,I asked him what he meant,he said I should live with it forever, that's the only way the demon casted out of me will not make a return,this is my almost 1 month in 6 to 12 fasting and midnight prayers

Immediately he told me that, I became weak,I lost the strength and zeal because I was waiting for him to tell me its all over

I went to evening program today and he noticed that I've lost my vibrancy,he inquired and as bold as I am I told him that I became fed up when I heard that I should do midnight prayers forever

He said that queen yachikka(for those who know who am talking about)is still hanging around,that I'm not spiritually disciplined in my fasting and midnight prayers,that if I am, she would've gone for good,so therefore that I've to do it if I want to be free

The pastor has a gift of deliverance but he's not a good counselor,he's kind of harsh so I couldn't go on to ask him what is this spiritual disciplined

So for those who might know what he mean,what is "spiritual discipline to fasting and prayers"

Your insults are welcomed
Re: What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers by Waspy(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
Call on Jesus man....not your pastor. Free yourself just as Christ has set you free
Re: What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:22am On Dec 08, 2014
It is well with you. I will share with you some tips within the day. Don't be discouraged. God bless you
am back.

Spiritual freedom requires spiritual discipline, aleast fasting from 6am to 12pm. For you to enjoy your post deliverance era you must door the following.
1. You must geniuely be born again.
2. Be baptized by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Do restitution when necessary. Make peace with people you ve wronged, pay debt you owe and forgive people who ve wronged you.
4. Have a weekly covenant day or days of prayers and fasting where you pray for yourself, your children etc. My covenant day is Fridays
5. Live a holy life.
6. Attend church activities always.
7. Make friends with serious minded Christians
8. Read books of spiritual value.
9. Rebuke the spirit whenever she manifest.
10. Live by faith.

1 Like

Re: What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers by Tranglatar(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
@ Lastchild
If you've been delivered, you are free for whom the Son of man has set free is free indeed

Prayer and fasting is to keep you Spiritually alert, protected and energized for life continuous spiritual battles. Remember what Jesus told His apostles that some demons can only be driven out by prayer and fasting

The demon would always loiter around !! What else do they do except to prowl around seeking whom to devour. Remember that the devil after the temptation left JESUS to come back another day. Who do think telling HIM to tell them who struck HIM, to come down from the cross that they may believe, Not to say that HE would be killed? All those were temptations by the devil in one guise or another

So far you were delivered, you are free BUT you have observe the following

Live a HOLY LIFE!!

Avoid ANY FORM of sexual sin like ebola disease!!!!!!!!! Remember what JESUS said about the demon going out and being given an opening to come back

Don't ever get into dialogue with the devil or any demon !! Never believe the lies by the devil and his agents that they can be good (i notice you believe that), They are only looking for a way to diffuse into your life and take over. The WORD tells us that there's nothing good form the devil or his agents. Rebuke in the name of JESUS or flee

Periodic midnight prayer and fasting helps you mortify/ subdue/ overcome the desires of the flesh. Remember what Apostle Paul said about his doing what he doesn't want to do

Don't despair or become despondent!! The devil can use that opening to cause to suffer faith crisis

IF your deliverance was not complete per se, you will know 'cos HE will allow you to feel it's pinch but know that HE has provided a helper to effectively carry out your deliverance. Because HE loves you, HE will not allow you to slumber to the antics of the evil one. those pinches maye be HIS call for to to go and be set free

If you fall sexually after deliverance, go for another one but be assured that the demon would now be more subtle to deceive and make you believe she's gone or good/ friendly. She can even turn out to be very wicked and mean but have firm faith in HIS mercies but don't take it for granted
Re: What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers by Laslaslala: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2021
You gave a good breakdown of the whole stuff in a way one can easily capture

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Young Guys Always Scared Of Jahovah Witness Ladies? / Native Doctor Or Herbalist? Who Practices Rituals? / Fate Of Those Who Owe And Die Without Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.