Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

My Problem With Nigeria Programers. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Problem With Nigeria Programers. (687 Views)

My Problem With Nigeria Programers. / My Advice To 9ja Programers And Web Developers / How To Work With A Team Of Programers On A Web Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Problem With Nigeria Programers. by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 08, 2014
straight to the point. Its just one!

You guys waste precious time doing rubish!
Ive seen many apps and games e.g babalawo and the rest made by a nigerian programer u first notice poor graphics and user interface, then no motive for the game, nigerian programmers loves "loop" (for non-programers, loop is a name of a programe action, used in games like temple run and subway surfers. Which countinusly repeat a statement or lines of actions in a program until an external command causes it to stop.) then they crown it with a useless name.
Im an upcoming programmer who just started learning android after learning java on my own. I actually study mechanical enginerring in school. The best programmers ive met are far from computer science class. so sometimes i wish i knw it all like some of u out there. But if u really want to make it out of programming u need to sit down and "THINK" Thats the word! THINK.
To explain what i mean, im going to let out one of my ideas. BREAK
Re: My Problem With Nigeria Programers. by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 08, 2014
CONTINUE...
First, you want to build an app? Why? Is it for the fun of it or you just want to pratice what you learnt? Or its what you do, ur ambition, what you want to use to earn a life as a human beign, u have to set ur motives right. If you want to really get someting out of your app that could change the world and your life for good u need to think outside the box! U need to think outside unilag and yabatech, u need to think outside cchub or your home, u need to think outside lagos and abuja, U need to think outside nigeria, look for something the world needs that is missing in the world or maybe the world just needs a better version. It might take u hours or even days to come up with that perfect app. U dont just get inspirations when u wake up. So lets assume i tought of this, we knw people lose thier phones, or the sold it, changed their phones or gave it away. One major problem they complain of is contacts. U call them and u hear "ah sorry my friend i dont have ur number, my phone was stolen!" stuff like that. So u build and app thats sync your contacts every second! I quite aware they re already existing services that does this, but non of them are easy to install and use, and we all knw that. But with a simple app that you can build all u have to do is to download the app, register either with phone number, or email. and its reads all ur contacts and save them on the server. Each time ure connected to the internet it will look trough your phone automatically for changes. What u deleted, would also be deleted on the server, and new ones would be added without the user going back to open the app. So even when the user phone is stolen, all the user needs to do is to download the app on his new phone and restore contacts from the cloud(server) and have his contact back on his phone just exacly the way it was b4 his phone was stolen. Its that easy. Now tell me how this idea of mine is not going to surpass a million downloads? BREAK
Re: My Problem With Nigeria Programers. by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 08, 2014
I only read the first part, the second looked too cumbersome and lacked proper expression. I think one of our greatest undoing is that we do not dream big enough, when you see a naija programmer creating an app it is always almost all the time focusing on the Nigerian environment and if you are lucky Africa in whole. But if you use the app you will know that it focus is on west Africa.

It is hard for you to see a start up that breaks or intends to break through Africa or Nigeria.

Thumbs up to the online stores, they are making it happen.... JUMIA, KONGA, KAYMU AND THE REST...

(1) (Reply)

**take Control Of Your System With Remote PC Lock, Rolling Out This Christmas ** / Can Somebody Help !! I Want To Arrange My Website / In NEED OF USA Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.