Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant (8058 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by musicwriter(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Good development but learning how to build our own power plants would be my prefered choice of co-operation. Is Africa going to depend on foreigners forever to build our infrastructures?.

We must start asking questions like; who builds China's power plant?. CHINA.

Who build's US power plants?. USA.

Who builds Japan's power plants?. JAPAN.

Africa must embrace science now or risk being fully re-colonized technologically within the next 100 years.

2 Likes

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by msmon(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Noted!

We don't want a repeat of Obasanjo.
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Good....but the problem is that it would be funded by a loan. Guess who will be paying the loan back.....Nigerians...in the form of higher light bills.

Still.....good idea
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by ammyluv2002(f): 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
kennygee:
Build it first and let it start working.
Exactly! But it will actually make sense
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Sylvarresta(m): 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Larow:
as 4 we igbos, gej till 2019. No matter how we take suffer under am, sufferhead don master our body!
Lol, u mean u nd Suffering are 5&6
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Donsammi(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
... Dis year p0wer generati0n is the w0rst ..
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by emirateprince: 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
W
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by solara: 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
Larow:
as 4 we igbos, gej till 2019. No matter how we take suffer under am, sufferhead don master our body!

undecided... U are sick
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
owobokiri:
Power plant in manbilla, power plant in shiroro, power plant in sambissa. . . All in the north!!! Which power plant is Mr jonathan biulding in the east??
when Ndi Igbo stop supporting him blindly,he will extend a power plant to the east.
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Frankenstein: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Frankenstein: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
Please, what is the current stage of construction work on the proposed second Niger bridge?
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by obeenah40(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
hazyfm:

It's really annoying, When you login to Nairaland to read people views on topics only for you to storm a "comma" by a space booker

Its not funny at all

Maybe u should check d post again for 'comma'

U didn't even give me a chance to modify them.. Nawa ohh
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by hazyfm: 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
obeenah40:

Maybe u should check d post again for 'comma'

U didn't even give me a chance to modify them.. Nawa ohh

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
owobokiri:
Power plant in manbilla, power plant in shiroro, power plant in sambissa. . . All in the north!!! Which power plant is Mr jonathan biulding in the east??

Shiroro was built in the 1980's.....so, old hat (Plus....it is a hydroelectric plant....built across the river Kaduna...a long river).

2.Mambilla is also hydroelectric...and should have been built ages ago.....and once complete....has the potential to provide a huge glut of electricity.

3.Sambisa??

1 Like

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Robertbh(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Morkavictor:
Good development
On paper......will never see the light of the day.....Another pdp propaganda 4 d forthcoming election.....smh 4 dis country
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by AJ01(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
b1327:
Build it 1st let it function so pple we c it b4 u start makin noise
thank you my brother
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by synergycom19: 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Most of our projects this days are funded by Loans,what about the capital expenditures?was is suppose to funded from this loans? Because the projects will be delivered at far higher costs due to corruption from both the Chinese and there Nigerian counterparts
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by donbrowser(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
Fresia01:
good develpment... hope this collaboration would last...u knw what i maen...chinko things.. buh seriously 3 times in a roll on front page today...
i serve a living God...
Quality @ Cheapest Price.
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by LordCenturion(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
Fresia01:
.. did u just imply dat i am a witch? ..

no o,I didn't say witch o,I said winch

1 Like

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
the same signing and builing we have been hearing since 2010 , yet nothing.
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by donbrowser(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
when Ndi Igbo stop supporting him blindly,he will extend a power plant to the east.
I've read ur comments about Buhari
All i have to say is; we all know Jonathan is bad but the truth Buhari is worse and at this junction, [size=38pt]The devil you know is better than the angel you dont know[/size]
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by dre11(m): 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
I just hoped it won't go the way of those elephants power projects that OBJ did during his tenure... ..
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
donbrowser:

I've read ur comments about Buhari
All i have to say is; we all know Jonathan is bad but the truth Buhari is worse and at this junction, [size=38pt]The devil you know is better than the angel you dont know[/size]
another gullible Igbo blind follower of Jonathan. Your sentimentality is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by donbrowser(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
another gullible Igbo blind follower of Jonathan. Your sentimentality is disgusting.
If Apc present a better candidate, i'll vote him. I'm nt Igbo as well, i know u know what i mean, you're just shying away from the truth...
Channels T.V Interviews: A place to commit suicide.
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
AJ01:
thank you my brother
u welcom
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by prettyboi1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Let's do some small maths.
If this power plant cost $5billion, then the stolen $20billion would have been able to make four of this power plant. Now,if according to this report, one plant produces 3050 megawatts,then four plants would have been able to produce 12200 megawatts. Add 12200 megawatts to the already existing 4000 megawatts Nigeria uses today, that would be at least 16000 megawatts. That's a little progress but it's fair enough.
Can you guys now see how useless this present government is? The $20 billion is gone and gone forever,the Mr.Jonathan we know will never prosecute anybody over that money.

1 Like

Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by prettyboi1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
Larow:
No wonder....I thought as much...wish u all d best
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
I thought it's USA to take care of that power plant funding using Niger gas. Has Nigerian government changed direction and take to different MoU?
Re: FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant by kraftykc(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
I believe this is the second or third time this administration has awarded Mambilla a huge sum for renovation? Or is it rebuilding? I have no idea anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win Football Pools Game This Week! / Buy And Ship From China To Nigeria Using Nicargo.com - Import Goods From China / AIRDROPS EXPLAINED( Comprehensive Guideline)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.