Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,470 members, 7,840,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries (494 Views)

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / Nigerian Delegate To AU Summit Robbed In Johannesburg / Fifa Vote-selling Claims Nigerian Delegate Shamed Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries by stelaar(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
I Must Say I have been really impressed with the way Nigerians have been carried along with regards to the line up for the 2015 Elections. From the sale of interest forms/Nomination to organizing delegates in the different parties, we have all been able to witness or observe the processes involved which a lot of us won't say the same as regards to 2011 or 2007.

In the course of the various stages involved in the PDP and APC, I happened to be exposed to first hand information on running a campaign and loop holes involved.

With the above said and most of the party primaries coming to an end, its a shame that the delegates we send to vote are to be held responsible or blamed for the actions of any candidate as 70-80% of these Delegates have sold their Souls for Money and do not have an independent Mind in casting votes.

I Bet if a Goat comes out and decides to share loads of cash...this same delegates would turn up in numbers to press the ballot papers in the Goat's Favor.

As a Case Study in a certain state, Some Delegates at 8pm had come to shout on top of their voices for a candidate at his residence and collected a Minimum of 100,000 Naira Each a night to primaries, Chanting that the incumbent Member must leave and there is No going back, He has Failed to Visit his People or provide any form of development...Fast forward to 4am and a Serving M******* and c******* of a local Government make phone calls to these delegates to assemble at a discreet location to collect 200,000 Naira Each and a Samsung Mobile phone in favor of the incumbent, they Gladly Collect and 9am a few of them call to Beg the other candidate to step down for Peace on the day of the Primaries, have in mind they have been eating breakfast,lunch and dinner on the expense of this candidate for the past 3 weeks....These same Delegates arrive at the Primaries Saying there is no vacancy for the Slot and ***** till 2019 ?.

Its Sad to say and I understand why a lot of Honest People have still refused to involve themselves in Politics.

Food for thought: No matter how much people cajole you to run for office, you don't have to hold a post or position to affect your community or people positively if you genuinely want to, give what you have, Help the People you can and live a Happy life.
Re: The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries by lekkie073(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Dats naija politics for u
Re: The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries by vanunu: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
I pity buhari

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries by abbakacici: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
most local delegate are unemployed or underemployed therefore primaries election season is where by they earn the most money

example in my state kano both PDP and APC paid

1) state assembly : average : 10k, if that if a delegate want to only 2 candidate you might earn 20k
2) House of reps : average of 40K with gift e.g phone/bike/laptop etc, f that if a delegate want to only 2/3 candidate you might earn 200k
3) Senate: average 50K with gift e.g phone/bike/laptop etc,if a delegate want to only 2/3 candidate you might earn 250k
4)Governor : average 100K with gift e.g phone/bike/laptop etc,if a delegate want to only 2/3 candidate you might earn 300k

My cousin a PDP delegate has earn almost 400k in just a week's work while my nephew in APC has 500K, this is excluding what Atiku, Goodluck and Kwankwaso will give
Re: The Average Nigerian Delegate And High Tendecies To Sell Out At Primaries by SeverusSnape(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
[t=28700797]I pity buhari[/quote]
exactly, Atiku will bank on this advantage. That's nigerian politics for you

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Okorocha Picks Imo APC Governorship Ticket After Losing Presidential / Labour To Demand Wage Review Amid Sliding Oil Prices / Buhari Concedes Vp Slot To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.