Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149262 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:38am On May 26, 2015
mevisbleek:

Thank you sir. I went to manitoba for 1 week and couldn't help but notice how dry that place is. To hustle 14k ain't easy at all but doable. Since money is kinda tight (not for so long no worry) I guess you should go for the cheaper tuition. Maybe when school close u fit come out west to do heavy hustle. Maybe work 14 hrs a day to get that money fast. I must confess it is possible to hustle real douche but possible when school close cos then u can pickup more hours. No worry my brother as I said just come first e go align no worry. It is well no worry

I like d way u encourage people. It helps me too. Thanks. Godbless u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 11:42am On May 26, 2015
Lol

Ugochux:

A very big Amen oooooo....
Imma send you free tickets for my comedy shows @ Ontario...
I look forward to meetn u and d lil angel in canny some. Day...on neutral grounds ooo...*ur hubby is observing**cheers*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 11:49am On May 26, 2015
CoCoLav:
@Cronsberg you are not required to submit your passport for online applications until specifically requested for.

Hope you uploaded a photocopy of your data page in your online application though?

Pls, is a copy of the visa page also required?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 11:50am On May 26, 2015
People on this thread are definitely not here to joke around and get their brains messed up with stories that don't tie.We already have enof tension waiting for TRV and solving genuine problems...

@Justwise u are badt like dat mehn! See sharp brain grin

adigunoluwa:

sorry Oga Justi, u still our boss, no where to go big boss. I respect ur experience and advise. will remain loyal boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:01pm On May 26, 2015
chucksbadt:

Sent you a PM bro......please reply

No, i didn't get any request from u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 26, 2015
Applied 24 May,biometrics 26 May,Upfront medicals.Uni of Saskatchewan,Master of Public health,Online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 12:07pm On May 26, 2015
@Crich I'm not sure pls let the more experienced ones answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
soji0509:
Is there anyone here who can confirm if the Biometric centre in Lakki opened to the public yesterday and today ?
Thanks in advance

Didnt know there's a biometric centre in Lekki. Great! Pls, do send me the address. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adigunoluwa: 12:11pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 12:13pm On May 26, 2015
CoCoLav:
@Crich I'm not sure pls let the more experienced ones answer.

I'm sorry. To which question, pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cocosmite: 12:39pm On May 26, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Crich
Dunno if you got it already but yes they do. email them to request for the soft copy and you'll get it.

Cocosmite:
For intending, present and past applicants of University of Regina.
Please I'll like to have an idea on the value of University of Regina's nonrefundable fee for an admission in their Masters degree programmes (preferably Petroleum Systems Engineering).

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redmist(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2015
Please I need someone who schools or is planning to school in memorial university of newfoundland MUN...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 1:08pm On May 26, 2015
redmist:
Please I need someone who schools or is planning to school in memorial university of newfoundland MUN...

I'm pplanning to school there...I dnt really know much...but I'd like to be of help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redmist(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2015
anthochie:

I'm pplanning to school there...I dnt really know much...but I'd like to be of help
Thanks bro,I plan to apply for a master's in oil n gas engr come september and I would like to know the cost of the first minimum tuition deposit...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by wayaa007(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2015
redmist:
I wanna apply for electrical engineering masters this september, the breakdown of d fee schedule is on the site. If u aren't satisfied with that information, contact the admission office

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kykybfo: 1:53pm On May 26, 2015
@Huzzie,pls i sent you a msg,kindly check your mail.tnk u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 2:09pm On May 26, 2015
Crich:

I'm sorry. To which question, pls?

About the copy of the visa page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 2:28pm On May 26, 2015
redmist:
Thanks bro,I plan to apply for a master's in oil n gas engr come september and I would like to know the cost of the first minimum tuition deposit...
https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php

I believe fees are paid on a per semester basis. the link provided should help with basic knowledge about that particular program of study. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 2:28pm On May 26, 2015
CoCoLav:

About the copy of the visa page

Oh! Ok.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
Someone was asking that what's the ban sentence for those that present fake docs. grin

People sha... Shey you wan present fake document ni. Well, I guess it's either 5 years or a life ban sha... Hope I was able to give you an insight to your answer.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2015
Taike:

Thanks for your reply. Could you suggest websites to check for apartments? I have tried kijiji, craigslist and U of T student housing site. Do you know any others? I wanna explore all available options. Thank you!

I am a big fan of kijiji, so it's probably your best bet. Get something for your first yr, after that you might meet friends at school and find a better place.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bennet642k2(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2015
Pls, house I want to a question. Is it compulsorily that ur sponsor must be ur blood relation ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 26, 2015
loriaidah:

Saint John
I'm going to Fredericton.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 3:18pm On May 26, 2015
Thanks guys for the information on Ottawa, it really helps.

Hi NigerianNewbie!
Funny thing is I recently went through the site you suggested and thought it was completely outrageous to pay 800CAD/month for a shared room shocked instead, I'll rather settle for on-campus accommodation.

To be honest, thinking about accommodation now is somewhat frustrating because you get to see these beautiful, well equipped apartments online but as Harkinhola said, no one ever responds to emails unfortunately. And again, redribs mentioned that the prices get higher in the Fall so, we should consider that as well.
I must say sha that it's really good to have knowledge of the best areas before hand at least.

I think we are already 3 now heading to Ottawa in the Fall (if I'm not mistaking), so, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to work something out by then.

Wish you guys the very best in your Visa applications! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tay16(f): 3:42pm On May 26, 2015
NigerianNewbie:
Hello everyone. I would like to find out a thing or two.

Although I know this is based on the individual, how much do you think is ok for personal expenses for a year in Canada, excluding accommodation? A range will be fine.

Also, I'm heading to Ottawa. Is 800 CAD too much to pay for accommodation per month? It is a campus suite which I will call fully serviced: heat, water, laundry, gym, furniture, Internet, full bathroom but sharing room with 1 person. Should I look to get lower? I hear housing in Ottawa is generally quite affordable.

@Kepner you're heading to Ottawa as well right. Any thoughts?

I'd appreciate some responses. Thank you. smiley
check your school website for an estimate of costs it usually shows how much you may need for the year for everything

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 3:48pm On May 26, 2015
JJCE:
if somebody has been given a visa, to resume to the school in september intake, but that person prefer jan 2016 intake, and it has been wrote in the acceptance letter that, the admission will expired in may 2016, can i still used the visa to travelled in 2016, or it has expiring date, ?

Good morning Sir, hmm this is a very good question but unfortunately I truly do not have the answer to the question I'm so sorry. However, maybe solo or one of the guys that recently relocated can help cos they would know the new rule. I'm so sorry sir. when I got my visa back then tho it has an expiry date on it. I can remember vividly I got my visa in July 2009 and it was set to expire in 2 weeks so I had to pack my Kaya run sharpaly. Please sir if you have the visa already I would suggest that u just move. Thank you. Have a nice day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
mevisbleek:

Good morning Sir, hmm this is a very good question but unfortunately I truly do not have the answer to the question I'm so sorry. However, maybe solo or one of the guys that recently relocated can help cos they would know the new rule. I'm so sorry sir. when I got my visa back then tho it has an expiry date on it. I can remember vividly I got my visa in July 2009 and it was set to expire in 2 weeks so I had to pack my Kaya run sharpaly. Please sir if you have the visa already I would suggest that u just move. Thank you. Have a nice day
i requested to text you via your mail because there are some issue dat i will like to discuss with you, but its personal life issue, which should discuss privately, gonna feel happy to reply back man.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babbs45: 4:33pm On May 26, 2015
ferdimako:

and a woman missed her opportunity to b in d US now...

I'll blame the woman, she allowed it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redmist(m): 4:36pm On May 26, 2015
anthochie:
https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php

I believe fees are paid on a per semester basis. the link provided should help with basic knowledge about that particular program of study. Cheers

Thanks bro, checking out d link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 4:42pm On May 26, 2015
JJCE:
i requested to text you via your mail because there are some issue dat i will like to discuss with you, but its personal life issue, which should discuss privately, gonna feel happy to reply back man.....

Hmm I have no issue with pm my boss but the Admin dude kicks against it. Oya pm me no biggy man. It's what it is
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 26, 2015
babbs45:

I'll blame the woman, she allowed it.
when they tell...u just don't pay anything including flight ticket...na greed!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NigerianNewbie: 5:05pm On May 26, 2015
Kepner:
Thanks guys for the information on Ottawa, it really helps.
Hi NigerianNewbie!
Funny thing is I recently went through the site you suggested and thought it was completely outrageous to pay 800CAD/month for a shared room shocked instead, I'll rather settle for on-campus accommodation.
To be honest, thinking about accommodation now is somewhat frustrating because you get to see these beautiful, well equipped apartments online but as Harkinhola said, no one ever responds to emails unfortunately. And again, redribs mentioned that the prices get higher in the Fall so, we should consider that as well.
I must say sha that it's really good to have knowledge of the best areas before hand at least.
I think we are already 3 now heading to Ottawa in the Fall (if I'm not mistaking), so, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to work something out by then.
Wish you guys the very best in your Visa applications! smiley

Indeed it is, that's sorta why I'm trying to lay things down. Although things can change but it's not bad having a plan ahead.
Looking forward to meeting all the Ottawa folk come August/September.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.