Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,228 members, 7,836,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary (519 Views)

I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant / Aminu Kani, Jigawa PDP Gov Aspirant Defects To APC / Dimeji Bankole Kicked Out Of Ogun Governorship Race 24hrs To Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by guruwizard: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
A Lagos State governorship aspirant, Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi, popularly known as BOG, caused a stir at the Lagos State Peoples Democratic Party governorship primary when he arrived the venue in a bulletproof vest.

Gbadamosi, while addressing journalists at the venue, said he wore the vest in order to protect himself from being hit by a stray bullet following the violence that erupted earlier in the day.

Although the party leadership had said the violence was caused by thugs loyal to the opposition party, Gbadamosi said the real perpetrators of the violence were from within the PDP.

Gbadamosi said the violence was part of a plot to intimidate the almost 1,000 delegates that have converged on the venue.

He said, “I am wearing the bulletproof vest because I am afraid of being shot at but I am urging all my supporters to come and not be intimidated.

“There is fear of intimidation and some people in the party want to intimidate the delegates but we will ensure that everyone will vote fearlessly and as it pleases them.”

He said it was unfortunate that the party leadership was supporting an aspirant.

He, however said the leaders would have their say while the delegates would have their way.

When asked if he was confident of winning, he said, “Would I have paid over N11m to purchase the form if I was not confident?”

http://www.naijamember.com/pdp-gov-aspirant-wears-bulletproof-vest-primary/
Re: PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
so head no dey to time? angry

ahbi dem wear too for head sad shocked
Re: PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by Elcemento(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
grin grin grin Sharp man! Him wear bullet proof but he's asking his supporters no to be intimidated.So much for loving your neighbour as yourself.

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM....LAGOS ONLY.
Re: PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by evanscheck(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
Even though I walk tru d valley of death, I fear no evil grin grin grin
Re: PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by jacabi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
As chilled water is to garri so also is thuggery to Nigeria politics. The man could protect himself, what about his supporters?
Re: PDP Gov Aspirant Wears Bulletproof Vest To Primary by fastguy10: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
Picture of it or nothing happen

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Will Not Be Buhari’s Running Mate-APC Sources / Tompolo ‘to Pick Delta’s Deputy Governor’. / How True Are These Claims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.