Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria (29101 Views)

Check Your HIV Status With Any Smartphone In Just 15 Minutes!!! / The New Ojiji Fiery Note 5 / Which is your best smartphone in 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
Guys! this is just a Chinese customised phone. You can have them to write whatever name you want on it as long as you can pay for it. Except if you want to show me the factory where this phone is manufactured or assembled in Nigeria...
This is what I could get online about Ojiji:

Ojiji Mobile Devices launches smart phones in Nigeria-26 November 2013

Ojiji Mobile, a brand of android devices, launches its first indigenous smart phones in Nigeria.

Manufactured by a Nigerian owned company based in South Korea, the Ojiji Fiery range, is being introduced into the Nigerian market because of the increased demand in the use of android and smartphones.

The Fiery Range includes three different devices: Fiery 4, Fiery 5, and the Fiery Note 5, with sources saying that the new devices are both durable, with long battery life, and that they come with a large number of applications.

Amongst others, moves such as these, highlight the desire from entrepreneurs from the country to reduce the Nigerian economy’s reliance on some of its staple sectors such as Oil & Gas, thereby creating more of a footprint in other major sectors.

Ojiji is an Igbo word meaning handy or handheld.

SOURCE: http://westafricancareers.com/ojiji-mobile-devices-launches-smart-phones-nigeria/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by mistabiola: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
They lack market strategy, if they have fixed the price at the range of 10-15k then people will rush it and they will start gaining stronghold. cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by LadyH(f): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
Goahead:
The display looks wacky and unsaturated in color...
Don't know if I'm the only one sha.
You r nt alone. display is pretty poor.
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Otes26(f): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Cool

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
The name sounds local...but it's ok sha except the battery...na to dey take power bank and charger waka about

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
The name sounds local...but it's ok sha except the battery...na to dey take power bank or charger waka about
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good. Am also working to launch my own operating system. Looks very very amazing almost has the same fixtures with windows8. Coming soon
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Daniel058(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
OJIJI means new Yam festival of Izzi people, Ebonyi State
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by roxell120(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
hmmmmm
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
China made note 3.

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by loomer: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
I NO GO TALK wink
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Austin234(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Pls cud we put a stop all dis sharp practices. How cud u refer made in China phone wit an indigeneous name made in Nigeria phone.
If we want to borrow technology our govt know exactly wot to do.
Nigerian importers are gud at dis. Rebranding a product wit an indigeneous name
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Goodquestion(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
The name is so scary. NICE DEVELOPMENT NIGERIA GETTING BETTER DAY BY DAY. IF YOU THINK AM LYING DO YOUR OWN PART AND NIGERIA WILL BE A HEAVEN ON EARTH. BLESS YOU NIGERIAN, NIGERIAN, AFRICA, AFRICAN, THE WORLD AND YOU.

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Orina(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
AKMoney1:
Like seriously? Naija no dey carry last, I wonder who the brain behind that brand is.

Made in Nigeria Assembled in China. grin
lol iphone is made in America but assembled in china that doesn't mean that america doesn't have the needed technology to assemble it but it is cheaper in china (cheap labour)
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by manutdadex(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
YomiYarzo:
I don't see how this is an Indigenous Smart phone;
Conniving the chinese to make cheap copies of samsung galaxy phones has become indigenous innovation
I wonder oooo

d battery though! But where do u think d iphones, d samsung or Htcs are made? China is d home for smart phone makers! If d name is too local wat abt d technos, gionee and leads very wack names but we accept because na white make am..abeg free d fone jare...

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by jiggalo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nigeria: Ojiji Mobile Devices
Introduce First Indigenous
Smartphone
25 November 2013 , By Eseohe Ebhota, Source:
Daily Trust
Ojiji is an igbo word which means "handy" or
"handheld". Now, the name applies to a brand of
an android device which has the ability to satisfy
consumers' basic and intermediary needs.
Manufactured by a firm in South Korea owned by
a Nigerian living there, the Ojiji Fiery range, the
manufacturer explained, is being introduced into
the Nigerian market because of the increased
demand in the use of android devices and
smartphones. The Ojiji mobile devices are divided
into 3 namely:
Ojiji Fiery 4 which gives you a smart power that
is affordable as it satisfies your basic and
intermediary needs for digital power.
Ojiji Fiery 5 gives you a classic smart power with
contemporary innovations at an unexpected
speed with increased fun.
Ojiji Fiery Note 5 leaves you with a premium
smart power with both contemporary and present
technology, designed for winners to migrate
seamlessly, the odds notwithstanding.
New Media met with the staff of Ojiji Nigeria
Limited during the just-concluded maiden edition
of the "Made-in-Aba" Fair which was held in
Abuja. One of them, Vivian Ogbuokiri who spoke
with this reporter affirmed the phones are
durable, and have long battery life and lots of
applications.
The Ojiji Power Bank is a hand-held device that
can be used to charge a BlackBerry, Iphone,
Ipad, or even an Android phone. "If properly
charged, the power bank could last for a whole
day and it takes just about six hours to charge it
completely", Ogbuokiri said. The guaranty for the
Ojiji power bank is one year.
The features of the device include a four-
gigabyte memory capacity, 512 ram, duo core
five-megapixel high-definition camera with one-
megapixel in front, 4.3 wide visual (800 by 40)
high definition display and wi-fi hotspot.
The ingenuity of a Nigerian to manufacture an
indigenous mobile device shows that Nigeria is
also moving ahead with global technological
advancements. This will help to improve the
economy of the country as well as giving Nigeria
a place among technologically advanced
countries in the world.

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by slap1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ojuju Calabar!
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Orina(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
rodeo0070:
Guys! this is just a Chinese customised phone. You can have them to write whatever name you want on it as long as you can pay for it. Except if you want to show me the factory where this phone is manufactured or assembled in Nigeria...
This is what I could get online about Ojiji:

Ojiji Mobile Devices launches smart phones in Nigeria-26 November 2013

Ojiji Mobile, a brand of android devices, launches its first indigenous smart phones in Nigeria.

Manufactured by a Nigerian owned company based in South Korea, the Ojiji Fiery range, is being introduced into the Nigerian market because of the increased demand in the use of android and smartphones.

The Fiery Range includes three different devices: Fiery 4, Fiery 5, and the Fiery Note 5, with sources saying that the new devices are both durable, with long battery life, and that they come with a large number of applications.

Amongst others, moves such as these, highlight the desire from entrepreneurs from the country to reduce the Nigerian economy’s reliance on some of its staple sectors such as Oil & Gas, thereby creating more of a footprint in other major sectors.

Ojiji is an Igbo word meaning handy or handheld.

SOURCE: http://westafricancareers.com/ojiji-mobile-devices-launches-smart-phones-nigeria/

lol iphone is made in America but assembled in china that doesn't mean that america doesn't have the needed technology to assemble it but it is cheaper in china (cheap labour)
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
MilesMolesey:
Chinese made customised phone grin
Imagine if someone ask you 'what's the name of this your phone'
and you are like, Ojiji.

grin grin grin
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by LaurelP(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ojiji jide mma!
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Habeyy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
nice development ....didn't they know that branding matters a lot for a new product....naso dem make one phone wey dem call "made in Niger delta"....

wish dem well
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by spacyzuma(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
freshblazine:
Have you seen Ojiji Fiery Note 5? its the first Android smartphone that is owned by a Nigerian, the phone really amazed me because it has similar functions to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, i think this is good. lets support and promote indigenous products. Proudly Nigeria.

Please, this is definitely not the first Nigerian android smartphone. There are older Nigerian android smartphones.
In 2012, I bought the Blaze+, an Android 4.0 smartphone designed by nigerians at Pliris Mobile, based in Abuja. They already had older android smartphones made since 2011, and possibly since 2010. Check them at Plirismobile.com

The only way this Ojiji phone is the 1st is if it was designed and MANUFACTURED and ASSEMBLED[\b] in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by sam4(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ojiji ko Shadow ni
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by toy1980: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
freshblazine:
Have you seen Ojiji Fiery Note 5? its the first Android smartphone that is owned by a Nigerian, the phone really amazed me because it has similar functions to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, i think this is good. lets support and promote indigenous products. Proudly Nigeria.

Dimensions 151.0 x 61.3 x 8.1mm
CPU Quad-Core 1.5ghz
OS Android 4.2
Battery capacity 1500Ah
Removable battery Yes
Colours; Blue, White
LCM 5.7HD, UHUI1280
Camera Front Camera: 2.0MP; Main Camera:13.0MP
Screen size (inches) 5.00
Resolution 1080x1920px
RAM 2GB
Internal storage 16GB
Expandable storage Yes (microSD)
Expandable storage up to 64GB
Special features Facial recognition to unlock
Smart scroll
Air gesture
Flip mute

Samsung is in deep mess. all this company trying to kill their products with look alike
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by naira4doll(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
I love this development but the name is funny... is t synonymous to Ojuju?... It's time we learn to appreciate and be proud of our own. Why they use low battery phone for the pics na?
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Guyman02: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
Its like Infinix Zero, with every good spec but poor battery capacity. Luckily for those buying it now from Konga it comes with external battery bank free.

1 Like

Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Truman155(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
texazzpete:
So a rebranded Galaxy Note chinese clone is now the 'indigenous Nigerian phone' that we should support because 'we are Nigerians'?

Sometimes I can barely believe some things I read on Nairaland.

I'll support phones made in Nigeria. Or even assembled in Nigeria. Not phones wholly made in China with a Nigerian name slapped on it.

let's not even dwell on the sheer idiocy of anyone buying an Android 4.2 phone right now.

bro whats wrong with jellybean by the way android os is a cheap alternative to apple os etal or even kiticat
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by sylve11: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
OJUJU phone. cool
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by Kimmo(f): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
manutdadex:
d battery though! But where do u think d iphones, d samsung or Htcs are made? China is d home for smart phone makers! If d name is too local wat abt d technos, gionee and leads very wack names but we accept because na white make am..abeg free d fone jare...
Thank you jare. People happily brandish gionee phones, vaio laptops etc without caring what the names mean.
MilesMoleseypost=28715552:
Chinese made customised phone grin
Imagine if someone ask you 'what's the name of this your phone'
and you are like, Ojiji.
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by holatin(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
was it made in Africans magic
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by LORDI(m): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ojiji is an igbo word which means "handy" or "handheld".
Now, the name applies to a brand of an android device
which has the ability to satisfy consumers' basic and
intermediary needs. Manufactured by a firm in South Korea
owned by a Nigerian living there, the Ojiji Fiery range, the
manufacturer explained, is being introduced into the
Nigerian market because of the increased demand in the
use of android devices and smartphones.
Re: Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria by ellechrystal(f): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
I no buy ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / Lets See Your Phone Homescreen / GLO FREEDOM PACK (cheapest Call Rate To All Networks As Low As 12k Per Second)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.