Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,545 members, 7,843,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Quit Surviving, Start Living - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quit Surviving, Start Living (380 Views)

SURVIVING CHILDLESS HOME: Surrogate Option And Biblical View / Parents Fatally Whipped Teen Who Wanted To Quit Church / Why I Quit Being A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quit Surviving, Start Living by actElijah: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2014
QUIT SURVIVING, START LIVING
There is a common response I get these days when I simply ask some folks "How are you doing?" Many would sound like "We're trying to survive" or "We're coping." Psychologists have taught us that man's greatest instinct is for survival and sadly many have been pegged at this level. But I have found that those who do great things start out only as they quit wanting to survive.
You and I were not created just to survive, in fact it is not in our mandate from the beginning. Gen. 1:28. Survival is the lowest form of human existence. It steals a man's (or woman's) dignity and pride, it deprives people of their honour and greatness in life. It tells you not to try, and focuses your attention on the odds rather than on God. Each time you say "I'm surviving," something dies in you- your will to rise to the peak. Survival tells you there is nothing more to you than you already are. It tells you not to dream, or if you do, not to go for it, because "It is only a dream," it says. But that is not the truth, because greatness lies in everyone of us, only in the raw, potential form and survival is the veil that covers it. So quit surviving and start living.
We are and have always been the ones that we, our families, friends, cities and nation have been waiting for.
Now let me ask you this, "Would you be that one person that in your life, home, work place or community would make that much needed change and dare the consequences?" Just imagine all that you could do for others and for yourself if you truly fulfill your God-given purpose. Dominion is our ultimate destiny, not survival. Please beloved, no matter what it is, do not just survive, but exercise your dominion, live._PEACE!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

...high Priest Standing Before...lord / Getting It Right When Things Go Wrong Part II / BIURIFUL ''MISS SHAKARA 2014 Winner" For Pastor Chris Okotie Church ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.