Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things (713 Views)

I Saw This In My Student's Note Book Today. Who Can Explain Please? (photo) / How To Prepare For Jamb, Post-utme And Others Using A Mobile Phone / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2014
A case study of man's finite mind explaining the being of God (finite means limited, constrained by bounds). God, on the other hand is considered as an infinite being.

The question now is, to what extent can a finite tool explain infinite things. (let's take man's finite mind and Infinite being of God as a case study).

To the best of my understanding, a finite mind of man can't explain the infinite being of God, due to the fact that a man's mind has bound and its limited whereas, the being of God has no boundary and at the same time limitless. Therefore Man can only explain God within his boundary and understanding thereby making it impossible to give concrete truth/fact about the being of God. Then can we say God is mystery to man? if not, then to what extent can the finite mind explain the finite being of God?

please I need scholarly contributions. Fellow nairalanders please contribute. one love
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2015
scholars gone off board here on nairaland...oga oo
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
cc lalasticlala
cc ishlove
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by donifez(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
I believe a finite mind can't explain an infinite mind or even comprehend it. Man is a causal being, we always ask questions(why?).If a ball rolls into your room, you gaze at the direction the ball comes from, to know why? But since God mind is infinite, we just assume or tell ourselves a tale that will satisfy our curiosity. Although, It rarely does.

We can say a bucket is finite, water is infinite.A bucket can carry some percentage of water, but clearly not all the water in this world at once.

1 Like

Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
donifez:
I believe a finite mind can't explain an infinite mind or even comprehend it. Man is a causal being, we always ask questions(why?).If a ball rolls into your room, you gaze at the direction the ball comes from, to know why? But since God mind is infinite, we just assume or tell ourselves a tale that will satisfy our curiosity. Although, It rarely does.

We can say a bucket is finite, water is infinite.A bucket can carry some percentage of water, but clearly not all the water in this world at once.

a finite mind can only explain what's in its jurisdiction. you're on point bro.
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by donifez(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is a front page topic. I am tired of seeing topics that won't massage the medulla.

1 Like

Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
let's brainstorm abeg. let's do the 'old' Nairaland again.
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 6:14am On May 18, 2017
Finite minds varies. Exposure to things, gives more knowledge.
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2017
[img]God infinite being[/img]
Re: Guys let's brainstorm on this: Using A Finite Tool To Explain Infinite Things by tolulope855(m): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
Can a finite tool explain infinite things?

(1) (Reply)

Pure And Applied Mathematics / JAMB Extends 2015 UTME Registration Closing Date / Nigeria Vs India! The Greatest Lie Ever Told.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.