Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer (1748 Views)

Web Designer And Graphic Designer Are Needed At The Boardroom Media Limited / I Really Need A Nice Job As A Graphic Artist, Web Designer & Flash Animator / Job Opportunities And Vacancy For Graphic Artist / Web Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by smartsoft(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2008
Why are most graphic designers calling them selves Web Designer ? i'm just curious and they say curiousity kills the cat  but i don't want to end up like that of a cat  lol but is kind of wired seeing some graphic designer steping up to become web designer

In my own experience  Web Designer and Graphic Designer are not samething and you can't compare both of them  it pains me that it is only here in nigeria you will find in daily guardian where an employee will put up an AD saying we need Graphic/Web designer and they can't even pay for it  if you want to be a web designer better if you want graphic designer better

there this mindset that people carries about  they feel everyone who does graphics must know web and vice versa

You as a graphic designer what do you think
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by ajayi1(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2008
smartsoft:

Why are most graphic  designers not into Web Designs? i'm just curious and they say curiousity kills the cat  but i don't want to end up like that of a cat  lol but is kind of wired seeing some graphic designer steping up to become web designer

In my own experience  Web Designer and Graphic Designer are not samething and you can't compare both of them  it pains me that it is only here in nigeria you will find in daily guardian where an employee will put up an AD saying we need Graphic/Web designer and they can't even pay for it,  if you want a web designer better,  if you want graphic designer better

had there this mindset that people carries about,  they feel everyone who does graphics must know web and vice versa,

You as a graphic designer what do you think

Sorry i can't really figure out your point. I am a Graphic Artist/Web desginer. It is not general thing for everybody to know the two, it depend on what you want for your self. I think you get? As for the employee that put AD of vacant (Graphic/Webdign),that's what they want. They are also some employee that wil look for Graphic and they are some web.
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by smartsoft(m): 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2008
oh sorry i mean to say why do graphic designers call themselves Web Designer too okay lets takes yours for instance,  to me i think ajayi you are a web person  you have dreamweaver on your system doesn't make you Web Designer Automatically
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by Kemjisuper(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2008
Well, what would you call a person who can do both? Or is it an impossibility to be both a Graphic artist and a web designer? Its the information age and we have all the tools necessary to be versatile. That's why an Engineer can work in the Banking Sector to an extent! If you lost out on a job offer cos you weren't both, I'm guessing that's one cruel lesson learnt! cry

Cheers!
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by smartsoft(m): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2008
*hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss*
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by Kemjisuper(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
That's the sound of a lady's beef! grin
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by uspry1(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2008
I myself am web developer/graphic designer. Both!

Why? Because for graphic designer, I do design page layout as well as logo, banner, navigation buttons, special fonts (not standard Windows fonts), text effect, etc. for website.

For web developer, i incorporate those customized graphic layout to be employed actions/behaviors resulting in PHP, Flash Actionscript, XML, Javascript, CSS, HTML on the fly website as functionally.

Some ASP and some Perl/CGI that I do not code them myself but I received those ASP/Perl files by ASP/Perl programmers that can incorporate into either HTML page or Flash website as external files.
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by ajayi1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
uspry1:

I myself am web developer/graphic designer. Both!

Why? Because for graphic designer, I do design page layout as well as logo, banner, navigation buttons, special fonts (not standard Windows fonts), text effect, etc. for website.

For web developer, i incorporate those customized graphic layout to be employed actions/behaviors resulting in PHP, Flash Actionscript, XML, Javascript, CSS, HTML on the fly website as functionally.

Some ASP and some Perl/CGI that I do not code them myself but I received those ASP/Perl files by ASP/Perl programmers that can incorporate into either HTML page or Flash website as external files.

Encouragement, Any time i read your massage i alwys feell you. cheesy
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by umayjolly(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2008
if, you don't hav a good graphix, u can be a well web designer, all work 2gedar,
cos, pple go 4r good design, &, very good graphix, OUT of BOUND , di 2 work 2geda,

Is a reasonable post,

thx man
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by Yolu: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2008
Although it is possible to be both - being one doesn't automatically make you the other. However, to be a web designer I would think that you'd require some graphic design skills. Uspry1 summed up the difference between the two pretty well. Another thing to note is that being a web designer does not necessarily mean you're also a developer.
Web designer: you make it pretty.
Web developer: you make it work.
However, the line between all three is often blurry and many individuals do have skills that cover all these areas.
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by smartsoft(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2008
Yolu sup ?
Re: Graphic Designer Vs Web Designer by Yolu: 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2008
Hey Smartsoft smiley

(1) (Reply)

Get A certificate in Digital Filmmaking From Nirvana Film Institute / Nigerian Sketch Artist Sketches Usher / My Gallery: A Friend Said She Is Afraid Of Me After Going Through My Gallery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.