Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,359 members, 7,864,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Is The Government Keeping From Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Government Keeping From Us? (499 Views)

Mbaka, Is This The Government You Expended Energy On? / Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Government Keeping From Us? by Thirdborn: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
This statement was made by President Goodluck Jonathan on 24th June 2012 during his media chat on NTA; “They believe that when they attack a church, Christian youths will revolt against Muslim youths, and they don’t care about who dies in the process.
“They also think that government will be destabilised when they are attacking churches. Watch out, if it doesn’t work, of course, we will stop it, but if it doesn’t work, the same Boko Haram will start attacking mosques to instigate Muslim youths to attack Christians.” The following Friday bombs were discovered at Fagge mosque in Kano. This is not hearsay or a lie but a verifiable fact. I remember this statement more than anything else he said during that chat because it set off bells in my head. I had to dig for full text of the chat to make sure he actually said it. My question is, how did he know? Now add this utterance to others he has made over the last few years and bells start to ring. He said in January 2012 that Boko Haram had infiltrated his government he also claimed to know who they are at one point. On why he was treating Boko Haram with kid gloves he said "They are our siblings; you can't set the army to go and wipe out your family". I said it before and I will say it again, this government aren't cowards, they are willing collaborators. Nigerians are dying everyday while they play politics with our lives. Many times they threatened to reveal the names of the sponsors but failed to do so and when an Australian priest affiliated with the government mentioned names he was quickly discredited and disowned by the government. Why is it that a bomb always goes off when there is a crisis in government? They have intentionally created chaos so as to divide Nigerians along ethno-religious lines and they have succeeded so far because we have been the most ignorant and gullible human beings since 2010. The lie has become the truth and the truth a lie. If Nigerians have ever needed a reason to unite and stand firm to say "Enough is enough", this is it. We are better than this. We need to hold the government accountable and take appropriate action.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Government Keeping From Us? by temitemi1(m): 4:30am On Dec 10, 2014
Hold apc accountable and not fed govt.maybe u have forgotten this statement or u should also do ur digging on that "if GEJ is declared winner, I will make Nigeria ungovernable" courtesy of buhari 2011 election n after this statement we all know the outcome.
Re: What Is The Government Keeping From Us? by Thirdborn: 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
temitemi1:
Hold apc accountable and not fed govt.maybe u have forgotten this statement or u should also do ur digging on that "if GEJ is declared winner, I will make Nigeria ungovernable" courtesy of buhari 2011 election n after this statement we all know the outcome.

It was a PDP politician, Alhaji Lawal Kaita who actually said Nigeria would be ungovernable if Jonathan became president in 2011.
Unlike many gullible Nigerians, i do my homework before shooting my mouth off. Buhari never said it, PDP just want Nigerians to think he did to ruin his credibility. So you do your own digging and prove me wrong.

https://www.nairaland.com/2021241/fact-it-pdp-promised-make

(1) (Reply)

The Fallacy Of Muslim-muslim Ticket & Islamization Of Nigeria / My Response To Olusegun Obasanjo's "My Watch" By Godwin Alabi-isama / Igbo Unity Union Want The Emperor Of Western Nigeria To Grant Igbo Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.