Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,971 members, 7,828,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help (11374 Views)

Goodbye to Cockroaches & Crawling Insects Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
I have killed several scorpions inside my room. Some were small and some were very big.

Scorpions are very prevalent in the area where I stay and my landlady also sells firewood which aids in the presence of these scorpions.

The compound where I stay is neat and my room is also very neat and clean, but the rate at which these things enter my room is very alarming.

Just yesterday night I killed a massive and fearsome looking scorpion on my carpet. Now I am very afraid of even staying in that room and I cant just leave because I still have 9 months on my house rent.

Please I need help about what I can use in my room that will either repel them from my room or kill them automatically whenever they enter my room.

This is a very serious appeal because I know there are many people out there with this same problem.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Beesluv: 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
Just make sure your house Is well lighted n continue to keep it clean
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
Beesluv:
Just make sure your house Is well lighted n continue to keep it clean

I have been doing all the above. But its all to no avail.

They are everywhere in the compound, I just need something that will repel them from my room or that will kill them when they enter my room.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Vince77(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
Move frm d house. Nine months is nothing. Think abt ur life. That tin stung me once.... its not funny. It was like Hell.

2 Likes

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by pickabeau1: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
Have you and the tenants considered fumigation
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by iluvweed(m): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
Why should you move away lol, just fumigate the whole compound and you will be sleeping happily ever after.... grin
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
iluvweed:
Why should you move away lol, just fumigate the whole compound and you will be sleeping happily ever after.... grin

Please what particular chemicals is advisable to use for fumigation? I ask this because I discovered that they might be immune to some chemicals and I base this assumption on the fact that I notice kerosene does not kill them.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Curiouscat: 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
Snipper my broda...use it often!!! It weaken d hell outta them,if atall they made it to your room.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Curiouscat:
Snipper my broda...use it often!!! It weaken d hell outta them,if atall they made it to your room.

Thanks. I will try and get it tomorrow.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by iluvweed(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Krak:

Please what particular chemicals is advisable to use for fumigation? I ask this because I discovered that they might be immune to some chemicals and I base this assumption on the fact that I notice kerosene does not kill them.

Find a reputable fumigator online!. Just google search it and you call them to ask. Not familiar with scorpions lol but I called them when my dog infested my house with thicks! Works like Magic!
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by EnterPRO: 12:49am On Dec 11, 2014
pls which part of Nigeria is this?

so I know where not to rent.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by LBlessing(f): 7:10am On Dec 11, 2014
Hadn't seen or heard much about scorpion until I left Lag for school, almost three years ago. Infact when I saw it in my room, I killed it and wasn't sure it was a scorpion till I snapped and sent the picture to my friend who confirmed it was.
I used sniper in my room, but I had to use it occasionally. I needed something that'll keep it permanently away from my room, so I spoke to someone about it, and the person suggested bitter kola.
Ever since I started using it, I haven't seen a scorpion in my room, either dead or alive.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2014
LBlessing:
Hadn't seen or heard much about scorpion until I left Lag for school, almost three years ago. Infact when I saw it in my room, I killed it and wasn't sure it was a scorpion till I snapped and sent the picture to my friend who confirmed it was.
I used sniper in my room, but I had to use it occasionally. I needed something that'll keep it permanently away from my room, so I spoke to someone about it, and the person suggested bitter kola.
Ever since I started using it, I haven't seen a scorpion in my room, either dead or alive.

This is the most interesting information I have come across this year. How long have you been using the bitter kola in your room, and are you really sure that they really worked?

Did you grind it or you just used it whole?
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by LBlessing(f): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2014
Krak:

This is the most interesting information I have come across this year. How long have you been using the bitter kola in your room, and are you really sure that they really worked?

Did you grind it or you just used it whole?

Started using it early this year. And I didn't grind it, but you can cut it in two(after removing the peel)
I have it almost everywhere in my room; I have two at my door, one each at the edges of my bed, in my wardrobe, my kitchen and in my bathroom.
Lolz... I know it's too much, but the heck! I can't stand the thought of scorpion in my room. My friends sometimes tease that I have some 'native-doctor tinz' going on grin But then, they're placed in a way that it's hardly visible to a stranger, even the ones at the door.
Like I said earlier, I haven't seen scorpions since I started using it, so I think it works, coupled with my prayers to God for protection.

You can google more on it too.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
EnterPRO:
pls which part of Nigeria is this?

so I know where not to rent.

Makurdi, Benue State. And its not all parts of the town that is infested.

1 Like

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
LBlessing:

Started using it early this year. And I didn't grind it, but you can cut it in two(after removing the peel)
I have it almost everywhere in my room; I have two at my door, one each at the edges of my bed, in my wardrobe, my kitchen and in my bathroom.
Lolz... I know it's too much, but the heck! I can't stand the thought of scorpion in my room. My friends sometimes tease that I have some 'native-doctor tinz' going on grin But then, they're placed in a way that it's hardly visible to a stranger, even the ones at the door.
Like I said earlier, I haven't seen scorpions since I started using it, so I think it works, coupled with my prayers to God for protection.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by PapiWata: 9:12am On Dec 12, 2014
Krak:
I have killed several scorpions inside my room. Some were small and some were very big.

Scorpions are very prevalent in the area where I stay and my landlady also sells firewood which aids in the presence of these scorpions.

The compound where I stay is neat and my room is also very neat and clean, but the rate at which these things enter my room is very alarming.

Just yesterday night I killed a massive and fearsome looking scorpion on my carpet. Now I am very afraid of even staying in that room and I cant just leave because I still have 9 months on my house rent.

Please I need help about what I can use in my room that will either repel them from my room or kill them automatically whenever they enter my room.

This is a very serious appeal because I know there are many people out there with this same problem.

In some localities of Thailand, scorpions are cooked with spice and onions for serving as a delicacy to discerning diners. Rather than complain about the ready availability of scorpions in your house, you should snack on a few of those scaly beasties, and share your observations about taste and texture in the culture section of this forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2014
PapiWata:

In some localities of Thailand, scorpions are cooked with spice and onions for serving as a delicacy to discerning diners. Rather than complain about the ready availability of scorpions in your house, you should snack on a few of those scaly beasties, and share your observations about taste and texture in the culture section of this forum.

Mr Mamywater husband, this is not Thailand, this is Nigeria.

How many scorpions have you eaten?

Do I need to say that this is a serious situation for me and my safety and I need serious, helpful and practical contributions on my predicament.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by PapiWata: 9:24am On Dec 12, 2014
Krak:

Mr Mamywater husband, this is not Thailand, this is Nigeria.

How many scorpions have you eaten?

Do I need to say that this is a serious situation for me and my safety and I need serious, helpful and practical contributions on my predicament.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I need a dozen fresh scorpions for scientific research as a matter of urgency, but they must be fresh in order for the supplier to be paid in time.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by dominique(f): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Krak:

Makurdi, Benue State. And its not all parts of the town that is infested.

The minute I saw your topic, I had a flashback to my NYSC days in otukpo Benue state. Seems this scorpion issue is peculiar to that region.They seem thrive in heat. My then landlord said little can be done to prevent them (especially if you live in a room with cracks in the walls). He had a lot of anti-venom portions and ointments and told us to come to him incase we get bit. Thank God I never had any reason to.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
PapiWata:

Lol stop
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hi there, sorry about your predicament. I know some posters above have offered different remedies but I'll say move. There's no price tag on peace of mind, there's also no guarantee that you can completely rid your room of the infestation if you choose to stay. Best of luck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by amunkita(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
When I saw this thread d day u opened it I jst laughed cous I ve killed nofin less than 15 scorpions since I moved into my apartment.

When I noticed d scorpion fin immediately I packed in I was jst as scared as u were buh I blived dat bible portion that I will trample on them buh nofin will happen (as nwa Jesus wey I be)

Was compelled to write this cous I jst killed two last nite nd d 1 I killed on monday is still hanging on d wall as a reminder 2 b careful.

Jst ve faith nd d scorpions will all bcome ur fwend..

1 Like

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by PapiWata: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
amunkita:
When I saw this thread d day u opened it I jst laughed cous I ve killed nofin less than 15 scorpions since I moved into my apartment.

When I noticed d scorpion fin immediately I packed in I was jst as scared as u were buh I blived dat bible portion that I will trample on them buh nofin will happen (as nwa Jesus wey I be)

Was compelled to write this cous I jst killed two last nite nd d 1 I killed on monday is still hanging on d wall as a reminder 2 b careful.

Jst ve faith nd d scorpions will all bcome ur fwend..

See how as dem dey waste correct house meat, and kill am throway like say dem no know say na betta chop dem dey waste so.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by amunkita(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
PapiWata:

See how as dem dey waste correct house meat, and kill am throway like say dem no know say na betta chop dem dey waste so.

Papiwata.. Shebii u wey dey talk don fry all d egg wey mosquito lay ontop wata bah...

2 Likes

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
amunkita:

Papiwata.. Shebii u wey dey talk don fry all d egg wey mosquito lay ontop wata bah...
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
LBlessing:

Pls could you be kind as to paste pictures of the particular bitter kola you are using? I went to the market and the people were confused and dont seem to know which one is bitter kola, and I dont know the name in any language.

Although I have settled for Sniper, I still want to give this a serious trial.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
Curiouscat:

I have been using Sniper and I must say it has been very effective in killing them. I see their dead bodies in my room almost everyday.

But my brother that Sniper can kill a human being o. Imagine it melts my carpet and the odour cam kill if you are not careful.

I just sprinkle it on my carpet before I go out in the morning and I come back in the evening to see the magic it has done.

Although I have made up my mind to leave this place as soon as possible because I still dont feel safe.

Below is a picture of the latest casualty this morning.

1 Like

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Krak(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
And here is the highly toxic but very useful SNIPER.

Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by firestar(f): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
Yea, it works on reptiles too.

Its fumes though are toxic.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by dominique(f): 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Be careful with that sniper of a chemical. Inhalation of the fumes can cause long term damage to the lungs. Till now I still get breathing difficulties whenever I perceive it or any form of insecticide. If you must use it, hold your breath while using it and leave the room once you're done. Make sure your room is properly aerated before going into it. I will still recommend you go for the bitter kola option if I was in that situation. Go to the aboki section in the market, they know more about it than the natives.
Re: Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help by Curiouscat: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Krak:

I have been using Sniper and I must say it has been very effective in killing them. I see their dead bodies in my room almost everyday.

But my brother that Sniper can kill a human being o. Imagine it melts my carpet and the odour cam kill if you are not careful.

I just sprinkle it on my carpet before I go out in the morning and I come back in the evening to see the magic it has done.

Although I have made up my mind to leave this place as soon as possible because I still dont feel safe.

Below is a picture of the latest casualty this morning.
Good to hear it works....buh then,you ought to pay attention to that warnings on the container. The smell is strong and not good for human atal. If you must continue the use always make sure it is been used when you won't be around and whenever you come back,take time to get the room more aerated before coming to stay inside. Cheers
On a lighter note: You can make a meal out ta those scorpions ooh. Roast and get chilled watered garri to wash it down grin grin
I will like to chat you though... I need your help somehow. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice / COVID-19: Should I Get Vaccinated? / Kwara Discharges Two Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.