Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Kashamu Vows To Press Criminal Charges Against Obasanjo Over Book Launch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Vows To Press Criminal Charges Against Obasanjo Over Book Launch (362 Views)

Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kashamu Vows To Press Criminal Charges Against Obasanjo Over Book Launch by blemon44(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b]ABEOKUTA-Chairman of organisation and Mobilisation committee of the People’s Democratic Party in South West, Prince Buruji Kashamu has vowed to press criminal charges against former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.
Kashamu in a press statement he personally signed yesterday, said, he would drag Obasanjo and other people who assisted him in the launch of his autobiography; My watch, after he had been barred by a court from launching it before the court.
A court had ruled that, Obasanjo should not launch his autobiography titled My watch, which is believed to have criticised the government of President Goodluck Jonathan and other past governments.
Obasanjo was also reported to have condemned the action of the PDP for making Kashamu a leader of the party in South West despite his alleged involvement in hard drugs overseas.
But, the former President was said to have gone ahead and make the book public, the action , Kashanu, described as contempt of court.
According to him,Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s action has again confirmed his knack for lawlessness and arbitrariness. Everybody knows that good governance is based on the Rule of Law, due process and respect for constituted authority.
” It beats my imagination that this man can be sermonising about the good governance when he shamelessly advertises all the elements of bad governance. In short, he is bad governance personified.
” He is the worst advertisement for the product he is trying to advertise – good governance. He has shown that he does not have respect for the judiciary, and that he is above the law.
“But I ask my lawyers to press criminal contempt charges against him and all those who assisted him in flouting the orders of the court. I will ensure that they are all dragged before the court, and particularly, Obasanjo, without his cap, to show why he should not punished for criminal contempt.
“By his unruly conduct, Chief Obasanjo has shown for the umpteenth time that he is indecent and uncivilised. Certainly, President Goodluck Jonathan and his predecessor, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and others he criticised in the controversial book, which I am reliably informed he did not write, are made of a sterner stuff than him. They are true democrats and gentlemen to the core.[/b]

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/kashamu-vows-press-criminal-charges-obasanjo-book-launch/#sthash.jVQcwSok.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Court Finds Obasanjo Guilty Of Contempt Over Book Launch; To Rule On Punishment / #apcdecides# Is The Highest Trending On Twitter Right Now!!! / Its Official, Atiku Congratulates Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.