Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption — Obasan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption — Obasan (499 Views)

Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption—obasanjo / Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption—Obasanjo / 'Baba Gana Kingibe' The Running mate Who Betrayed MKO Abiola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption — Obasan by ahmed486: 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has alleged that a “cabal” surrounding late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua framed corruption charges against his daughter, Iyabo when she was a senator in order to get back at him because of his personal views against them.

He has previously been openly accused of incest and adultery by his son, Gbenga, who sought to divorce his wife alleging that his father was sleeping with her.
“My adversaries tried other means to get to me,” he stated.

“If Obasanjo could not be cut down to size, they must have thought, what about those close to him, including his daughter? When Senator Iyabo, my daughter, was accused of corruption, I took my time to have a serious interview with her on what exactly had transpired.

She briefed me in detail and I was satisfied.

“But I did not stop there.

I spoke with the Senate President, who also briefed me and assured me that Iyabo had not committed any offence as he had personally looked into the matter.

I was again reassured but did not stop there. I talked to another senator, Mrs. Ekaette, who was a member of the health committee of which Iyabo was chairman.

Mrs. Ekaette again satisfied me with her explanation.

I was advised to talk to President Yar’Adua but I refused to do this, especially as I was told he was expecting me to.

Instead, I advised Iyabo to hand the matter over to Chief Afe Babalola, a lawyer and friend, to deal with it through the court process. She was discharged and acquitted by the court.

“The fact that my ordeal, and that of my daughter, occurred under the administration of President Yar’Adua, who was brought into power by God through me, did not surprise me.

I have always held to a belief that any person who expects commendation, praise, eulogy, or credit from any human being might die a frustrated wretch.”

He named some members of the “cabal” as Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi and Baba Kingibe “aided and supported by two governors – Bukola Saraki and James Ibori – for their own personal and selfish reasons”.

This was part of the revelations in his yet-to-be-released three-part volume of his memoirs titled My Watch, which was exclusively obtained by an online journal, The Cable Alert.

He had also accused Goodluck Jonathan’s administration of inducing Iyabo to attack him while pointing accusing fingers at governors during his tenure of sponsoring the third term bid.
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2067-bukola-saraki-james-ibori-kingibe-others-framed-iyabo-for-corruption-obasanjo

(1) (Reply)

Notice Of Credibility In The 2015 Elections / Did Gov Ajimobi Betray The Arisekola's In The Past Apc Primaries Or Not? / Who Is Afraid Of Jonathan (2)by Femi Aribasla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.