Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Help Needed With Audi A4 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Needed With Audi A4 (809 Views)

SOLD!!!!!! Neat 2010 Audi Q5 (registered) Selling For NOW 1.9m / Very Clean Tokunbo Audi A4 For 700K / Clean Audi A4 For 650k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With Audi A4 by sunej(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
It's barely one week I bought Audi A4 2003 Model and am already seeing hell. The AC compressor has knocked, Gear no longer work. It jerks off and have lost it's power. It can hardly climb hill from 0 stop. I need help, am thinking of taking it to any Audi center because it seems no mechanic knows anything on it. It took mechanics 2 days to find where to put Gear oil, yet, it doesn't work.

Please help me cry
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by sunej(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2008
Please where can I get Audi Center?
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by JOHN1234: 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2008
Sounds like the ac compressor is seized. take of the belt and see if the car run's.If so than you may be able tp put a short belt on the car to bypass the ac, so you can drive the car until it's fixed.
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by sunej(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
The car is moving
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by Areaboy2(m): 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2008
sad to hear man, but these are the things you should have taken care of from the first day you got the car,

-  change engine oil
- change oil filter
-  change gear oil
- make sure brake fluids and other fluids don't short, tyre pressure, balancing and every little fiddly bit.

that way u can drive your car problem free (hoping you made a right choice when choosing the car)

anyway, back to your problem if there are any auid centers in your area, you should visit them asap, and drive the car much less so you dont make things any worse,

from your post, i can sense you made a "not so good" (for lack of a better word) choice on this cars, a good A4 will serve u very well, like the guy above said, disconnect you ac compressor by taking of the belt, chances are the knocked piston in the compressor will use up all your engine power,
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by kasshogy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ Area boy, you are very correct about the issues he should have attended to since the car was obviously poorly maintained by the previous owner.
@ sunej, its obvious you made a bad deal, but all is not lost. Now the truth is you may actualy be looking at overhauling your engine which is actually the ultimate solution as it appears your engine is on the verge of "knocking", trust me I know. So you are looking at investing another min N400k to put your car back in shape.
My advise is, you park the car ASAP and seek for a professional auto mechanic advise. If you are interested I could give you the digits of a trustworthy German vehicles mechanic here in Lagos. I own a Coja BMW and he does wonders to it.
Re: Help Needed With Audi A4 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2008
Sorry to hear your tales of woe, Sunej.

Take a look at this, it may give you some of the answers you're looking for. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205090.0.html

(1) (Reply)

My Car Keys / Toyota Camry 2007 Model FOR SALES NOW / 2004 Toyota Corolla Ce For Give Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.