Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (12219 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / A Thread For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by SeaGoddes(f): 7:57am On Dec 05, 2008
who is your favorite saint?

mine is ST. Anthony, ST. Jude and ST. Rita
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by kanayo74(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2008
mine is saint Rita and saint Anthony

Saint Rita for impossible cases and Saint Anthony for needs

that of saint Rita really works for me and it true
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2008
can i have a favourite saint . (million naira question)

for me the idea of a saint is where the need implies recourse to the individual saint.

i mean: St. Charles Lwanga (my patron saint grin) is for youths, Sts. Jude Thaddeus, Rita, Anthony of Padua (amongst many) are for impossible cases;

St Christopher for travellers, etc.

but if i really have to choose one, i think it will be THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY (Mater Dei kiss).

then St Joseph, Sts Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, (na wa for me abi)

1 Like

Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Moyola(f): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2008
Uhmnn
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2008
St Joan of Arc . . . My namesake cheesy cheesy
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2008
Moyola:

Uhmnn

hi dear. who's your favourite saint?

Ujujoan:

St Joan of Arc . . . My namesake cheesy cheesy

i love her courage too!
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2008
Used to belong to the St Jude society long ago, but I think I prefered St Valentine only I was never too sure if he was really a saint
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2008
chris, the thing is there are many real St Valentine.

see link: http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php?lst=V
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by arramyjay: 11:38am On Dec 05, 2008
MIne is Saint Jude.
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Omenuko(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2008
Hey all,

Mine are St. Martin de Porres, St. Aloysius (my namesake), and Blessed John Paul II (although technically he hasn't been declared a saint yet).
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Lady2(f): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2008
Like Carl, I don't really have a fav. saint.

I do love first and foremost the Blessed Virgin Mary (o how I love thee Mum)

Of course I can't forget my Saint Monica (my namesake)

I love St. Ignatius of Antioch for his courage and his teachings.

St. Ignatius of Loyola for his austere devotion to God. The Jesuits need a reformation, pray for that.

St. Augustine (my son) and the fact that he went from a playboy to a bishop (hear hear) I also love his writings.

St. Teresa of Avila also
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
@lady,

i just knew you'd come and tear this place up with a list like mine (even more grin)

did you forget St Francis of Assissi, St Alphonsus Liguori, St. John Chrysostom, St Catherine of Sienna, Bernard of Clairvaux, Bernadette Soubirous etc

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis!!!

(Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!!!)
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Lady2(f): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2008
Carlosein:

@lady,

i just knew you'd come and tear this place up with a list like mine (even more grin)

did you forget St Francis of Assissi, St Alphonsus Liguori, St. John Chrysostom, St Catherine of Sienna, Bernard of Clairvaux, Bernadette Soubirous etc

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis!!!

(Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!!!)

WHAT? Me forget? no I no forget, infact make I mention them now o.
St. Franics of Assisi, St. Alphonsus Liguori, St. John Chrysostom, St. Catherine of Sienna, Bernard of Clairvaux, Bernadette Soubirous, oh how could I forget St. Dominic of the Holy Rosary, and Alan de la Roche (not sure if he's a saint), St. Benedict, St Claire, St Rose of Lima, St. Therese of Lisiuex (the little flower), St. Thomas Aquinas, I mean the list goes on. lol. oh yeah can't forget St. Simon Stock for the Brown Scapular, that is my devotion afterall. Can't forget that one Carl.
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2008
Omenuko:

Hey all,

Mine are St. Martin de Porres, St. Aloysius (my namesake), and Blessed John Paul II (although technically he hasn't been declared a saint yet).

omenuko (abi na aloy grin), Our last papa is already a saint in heaven. we just need some clarifications for the skeptics (and they abound).

i love(d) that man to pieces. he was my name sake too you know. Karol Wojtyla.

Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

WHAT? Me forget? no I no forget, infact make I mention them now o.
St. Franics of Assisi, St. Alphonsus Liguori, St. John Chrysostom, St. Catherine of Sienna, Bernard of Clairvaux, Bernadette Soubirous, oh how could I forget St. Dominic of the Holy Rosary, and Alan de la Roche (not sure if he's a saint), St. Benedict, St Claire, St Rose of Lima, St. Therese of Lisiuex (the little flower), St. Thomas Aquinas, I mean the list goes on. lol. oh yeah can't forget St. Simon Stock for the Brown Scapular, that is my devotion afterall. Can't forget that one Carl.

oh Monica, you make my eyes water with joy.

i thought you were tired and needed to rest so i didn't post on the other thread.

Alan de la Roche was a blessed i.e Blessed Alan de la Roche.

Sts Agnes, Cecilia, Lucy, Agatha (i love this young girl saints-they make me burn with passion cool)
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by SeaGoddes(f): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2008
i like st. augustine when he said " God grant me chasity but not now" yea he wants to finish enjoying the good things of life before he signed up
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Lady2(f): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2008
Carlosein:

oh Monica, you make my eyes water with joy.

i thought you were tired and needed to rest so i didn't post on the other thread.

Alan de la Roche was a blessed i.e Blessed Alan de la Roche.

Sts Agnes, Cecilia, Lucy, Agatha (i love this young girl saints-they make me burn with passion cool)

Oh let your tears overflow a bucket, I will join you in shedding tears of joy, anyone else in the house want to join in shedding tears of joy?

I was tired, and did get some rest, I am about to head to work.
Thanks, I wasn't too sure if he's a saint, so Blessed Alan de la Roche he too preached the rosary unceasingly, anyone who preaches the rosary gladdens my heart, the heart of Our Mother, and most certainly the heart of Our Lord.

One thins I love about the young girl saints, is that I see how things are today with young girls and the little appreciation they have of themselves, and everytime I see one disrespecting herself and not giving herself credit to be able to dismiss the devil, I tell her about these girls. It gladdens my heart, and if I were to meet any today who take it upon themselves to leave everything and follow the Lord, especially in vocations, I will wash her feet like the Lord did his disciples, she is a reminder of Our Blessed Mother. She too was young when she left everything and followed the Lord.

I tell you I love St. Rose of Lima, she did penance so that she wouldn't get caught up in vanity. She was very beautiful, but thought her beauty was for the Lord's alone.

i like st. augustine when he said " God grant me chasity but not now" yea he wants to finish enjoying the good things of life before he signed up

Lol, I know, funny that's why he's one of my favorite saints. Quite frankly I think he is the model for our society. A society that is sex crazed, and doesn't know what to do with itself and decides to pass laws to permit itself and convince itself that if it is lawful it isn't wrong. He is the perfect model for all who think they cannot do without sex. He is the perfect combatant for those who say "bodi no be wood" or "man must ****" or "no one can stay away from having sex" as if sex is an involuntary necessity.
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by SeaGoddes(f): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

Lol, I know, funny that's why he's one of my favorite saints. Quite frankly I think he is the model for our society. A society that is sex crazed, and doesn't know what to do with itself and decides to pass laws to permit itself and convince itself that if it is lawful it isn't wrong. He is the perfect model for all who think they cannot do without sex. He is the perfect combatant for those who say "bodi no be wood" or "man must ****" or "no one can stay away from having sex" as if sex is an involuntary necessity.

very true, some folks of today believes that life is boring without sex and st augustine is the perfect example, he believed it in enjoying of the fresh and he later realized that there was more to life than just fresh
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by mazaje(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
I love me some Silvia Saint. . . . . ohhh ahhhhh
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by smile4kenn(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2008
St. Leo the Great!!!
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Omenuko(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2008
@Carlosien

omenuko (abi na aloy Grin), Our last papa is already a saint in heaven. we just need some clarifications for the skeptics (and they abound).

i love(d) that man to pieces. he was my name sake too you know. Karol Wojtyla.

Yes o. . . .I know he dey for heaven, I admired him so much. Our current holy father is also doing good things for the Church.
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Carlosein(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2008
Sea~Goddes:

augustine, augustine, how i love the Bishop of Hippo. do you remember this:
"you have made us for yourself oh Lord, and our souls are restless until they rest in You".
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2008
~Lady~:

St. Ignatius of Loyola for his austere devotion to God. [b]The Jesuits need a reformation, pray for that.[/b]

@~Lady~
Why do u say the Jesuits need a reformation?
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Epiphany(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2008
St Obi Sorry, Saint Augustine of Hippo
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Ejike3: 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2008
St. Irenaeus (peace maker) and St. Anthony and all the Saints.
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2008
My favourite is St. Domingo (Dominic).
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by mazaje(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2008
I love me some silvia saint. . . .ohhh ahhhh so nice. . . .
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by francessby(f): 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2008
Saint Francisca and SS Peter and paul
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by Betty605: 1:45am On Dec 14, 2008
St JUDE THADDEUS

Try my best to say his prayer every day!!! grin
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:15am On Dec 14, 2008
I knew some monkeys would come out here and display their foolishness. The topic said for Catholics, if you know you got no better contribution to make then keep off the thread, if you trying to crack jokes or be funny then go to the circus i believe they are in greater need for clowns.

@topic

I love St Anthony because he's my patron saint. kiss
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by RichDad1(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2008
Mine is Saint Jesus . wink wink
I have been reading lots of saints .What of saint judas iscariot ? grin grin poor lad .
Re: For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? by felifeli: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2008
St. AnnesĀ  , St. Theresas , St Finbarrs , St andrews for schools (my parents/uncle/aunt's schools)

Yves saint Laurent , St Michael for fashion undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HINDUISM RELIGION!!! INDIA SPIRITUAL TEMPLE!!! SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!! / Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? / What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.