Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies (27171 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / Security Agents Block Amaechi's Supporters At Port-Harcourt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Politico: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2014
SaharaReporters has learned that copies of the
much-anticipated and politically controversial
autobiography by former President Olusegun
Obasanjo have sold out a mere three days after
their release on Tuesday.
“Baba [President Obasanjo] sold all the copies
that were brought in,” an associate of Mr.
Obasanjo’s told SaharaReporters.
The three-volume book brims with sharp
criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan,
former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, the late
President Umaru Yar’Adua, and former
Governors Bola Tinubu, Bukola Saraki and
James Ibori.
Hours before the book was scheduled to be
launched last Tuesday, Buruji Kashamu, an
associate of Mr. Jonathan, obtained an order
from a High Court judge barring the book’s
publication. But Mr. Obasanjo proceeded with
the launch of the book, stating that the book
was already published before the judge gave
his order and that the order did not prohibit
him from launching the book. Lawyers to
Obasanjo have now appealed the ruling of
Justice Valentine Ashi at the court of appeal in
Abuja.
A source close to Mr. Obasanjo told
SaharaReporters that agents of the Department
of State Security (DSS) had put stumbling blocks
in the way of the former president’s efforts to
bring in more copies of the book.
“The SSS [an alternative name for the DSS}
people have told us that they won’t allow more
copies of the book into the country,” one
source close to Mr. Obasanjo said.
Cover of former President Olusegun
Obasanjo's book
Asked how Mr. Obasanjo had reacted to the
impediments placed in his way, his aide said,
“Baba expected such behavior. He is just
watching them [the government] laughing.
SaharaReporters exclusively reported that the
content of the book was unsparing of Mr.
Jonathan, whom the former president accused
of myopic vision, incompetence and weakness.
The former presidential decided to go ahead
with the publication of the book despite the
fact that Mr. Jonathan made a phone call to
persuade him to postpone the publication and
that the president sent a strong delegation to
plead with Mr. Obasanjo.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/11/obasanjo’s-book-sells-out-security-agents-block-importation-more-copies

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Politico: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2014
Damn. . . . How am I goin to get a copy now!!!

35 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by temitemi1(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2014
Thank God!!! GEJ till 2019!!!

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Demdem(m): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2014
Medicine after death.
What about electronic copies? How will u stop that.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Politico: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2014
Demdem:
Medicine after death.
What about electronic copies? How will u stop that.
silly people. . . .they've prolly forgotten that

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by troubleshooter: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2014
This Govt is an embarrassment to itself & its people. So what r they trying to do? Stop someone frm embarrassing them too? SMH

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by mistabiola: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Now I got the Gist, that's why the Otuoke man sent those idle Governors to beg Obj not to release the book cheesy grin

53 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Politico:
Damn. . . . How am I goin to get a copy now!!!
i tell you.... Looool... As in...my two cents

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by QMark: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
How is importation blockage a problem? When there are plenty printing press in Mushin and Shomolu.
Good news for the pirates.
There's currently no book that is more wanted than that book in Nigeria today. Not even "New General Mathematics" being used by most secondary school students.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Blurry: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
Oh really?

I expect the ultimate looser in this whole fiasco will be the Publisher as "Omo boys" may pirate the book and sell them at rock bottom prices. Baba (the author) will have taken his money and moved on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by mastercee(m): 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
Obj don hammer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
good.. baba agbe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by amakufrancis(m): 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
i need this book oooo

aba boys do the needful

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
Lol, this man just dey stir controversy from all quarters. Spoiling the runs of them polithievians grin grin. Can't wait to get my hands on that book.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
Scandal sells.

Baba just dey laugh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by InwehAkpevwe(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Ok we don hear but main while sha!!!

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Vstuffs(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Shey
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by KidProgrammer(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Serious?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
mistabiola:
Now I got the Gist, that's why the Otuoke man sent those idle Governors to beg Obj not to release the book cheesy grin

More like a PDP chieftain asking the court to block the book because it contained ''libelous'' information against said PDP chieftain. For once...nothing to do with Goodluck Jona or indeed anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by OCTAVO: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Oh.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Airforce1(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Babaneh(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
"Wahala is all i wanted" should have been the title of the book instead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by rozayx5(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by roqrules04(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2014
Badt man..
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Emmysteve(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2014
The more they keep antagonizing the book, the more it keep selling in a rapid rate. They should just let the book be. The way things are going now i am tempted to buy the book myself and read.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by DonTeamie(m): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2014
BAba Obj...

Causing Commotion in 9ja... BUHaRI 4 2015

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Bennyberry(m): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2014
Free this man.tot deris a foundamental human right called
*FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION.
Abi baba obj is an exception?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by born2fuckpussy: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2014
Why are they making this book become expensive through scarcity means and probably giving pirate to makes more money. Since the books are out, it will circulate. I trust naija.. I want to buy for myself. If baba iyabo image alone makes money and his video and conversation in assembly or off assembly are comedy
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2014
Obasanjo should have limited the publication to electronic copies, since those are not currently within the ambit of our laws.

Anyway, he has a history of flouting court injunctions.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Sells Out, Security Agents Block Importation Of More Copies by holatin(m): 11:08am On Dec 12, 2014
They wan cover the truth from us.
Waiting for my goons to upload d PDF files

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Kalu, Nigerian & Vatican Ambassadors Spotted In Venezuelan Church (photos) / UN Appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli Into New Positions / LIVE REPORT: Grand Requiem Mass For Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili in Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.