Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? (1147 Views)

Mr President, Next Week Is The End Of The Fuel Scarcity, / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Goodluck Jonathan Visit Barack Obama As President Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Arbiola(f): 10:59am On Dec 12, 2014
Hello nairalanders, I came up with dis thread to know who we all want as our president. As for me i'll choose any oda person but definitely not GEJ because GEJ has offered nothing good to dis country.Who will u choose.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2014
you angry
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2014
GEJ over Buhari unless there is a third option
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2014
undecided shocked

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2014
This lovely picture says it all. Just look at this picture and your question is answered. grin grin grin

Thread closed!

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2014
AmberQueen:

You sabi something jare fine girl.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by holatin(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2014
Seun osewa
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by adebisicutie: 11:26am On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari, I am tired of the clueless one

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2014
smiley

EUROBOMBER:

You sabi something jare fine girl.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by tilda4: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by joebeckz(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2014
AmberQueen:
ma honest opinion, we nid a change, pple say de fear d unknow electing buhari, that's same fear past presidents had making an igbo broda chief of army staff, let nigerians do away with dat fear of making buhari a president. Dat man has principle, he stands for what his right, read his biography nd performance in offices he served. He has no stain. As for the statement islamizing Nigeria, he neva said dat, he said in some core northern states nd he made a quote dat its for d muslims nd wunt affect d christians. It includes banking without interest nd som rily gud sensible things, I research on islam a lot. Remember that d same hardship on d common man dat has existed all tru Gej tenure wud continue if he continues, I like to see Buhari rule for just 4 years den we wud draw comparisms and conclusions. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Orunto: 11:45am On Dec 12, 2014
You are in very serious trouble if you don't rush for the gold in GEJ. GMB is difficult to sell. He is like selling a dumb and deaf to a family of corrupt kidnappers.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2014
op u and I knows dat GEJ we win come feb 14 2015.
in fact till 2098
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
AmberQueen:

GEJ ko, JJC ni.

GMB for president. Sai GMB

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Genevieve Nnaji and/or Chris Oyakhilome but since those options'rn't available then I'd settle for GEJ over Buhari.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
U again

I hope u're not a terrorist too

hifaif:

GEJ ko, JJC ni.

GMB for president. Sai GMB
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
charix:
Genevieve Nnaji and/or Chris Oyakhilome but since those options'rn't available then I'd settle for GEJ over Buhari.

Lol...
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by qtx(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Arbiola:
Hello nairalanders, I came up with dis thread to know who we all want as our president. As for me i'll choose any oda person but definitely not GEJ because GEJ has offered nothing good to dis country.Who will u choose.

Unfortunately whoever wins here doesn't mean the person will win in real life bc nairaland does not constitute even 0.0001% of the voting population of Nigeria.
However, since its something we just have to use to while away time and say our minds, i will say GEj all the way.
Take not that there are several reasons GEJ will carry the day not because he is the best product Nigeria as a whole has but in comparison to GMB, GEJ is a better material on some grounds, e.g Buhari seems to be coming with military indiscipline mentality to a democratic system, nation and people it will not work again if it worked before bc there are laws and rules to also control him except he decides to be lawless which will defeat one of the basic tenets of good leadership people will expect from him, secondly, he seems to be fighting to get the power by all cost not because he actually has a plan to deliver results and make a difference or even understand practically what the problems of Nigeria are(example, he said he will stabilize petrol prize).Another example the problem of Nigeria is way beyond boko haram bc other problems precipitated boko haram which will need to be tackled before boko haram will be fixed. Also, buhari may spend energy victimizing past or present offenders of crime leaving behind the main agenda of delivering the dividends of good leadership to the people e.g, building hospitals, schools, creating jobs, fighting boko haram etc.
I can go on and on, but you see GEJ already is inside, fighting from the inside, he understands where what is happening is happening right now he needs more time to fix things.
Write it down that even if by any means you have change of govt through 2015 election at federal level the new president after grabbing the position will address the nation and what you will hear will be something like this" great people of nigeria, there is enormous task ahead of us all, but we are not deterred as we assure you we will deliver but we need sometime as we are not magician but together with your support we will get there"
What have you deduced from such a statement, ?"We need time" We are not Magicians" the same time GEJ needs to finish work.
Buhari is not a magician so dont be deceived that if he wins things will change in 4yrs.
Anyway, I see GEj wining 2015. My understanding,criticise my points objectively but dont crucify me, bring yours to the page lets see your reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
joebeckz:

ma honest opinion, we nid a change, pple say de fear d unknow electing buhari, that's same fear past presidents had making an igbo broda chief of army staff, let nigerians do away with dat fear of making buhari a president. Dat man has principle, he stands for what his right, read his biography nd performance in offices he served. He has no stain. As for the statement islamizing Nigeria, he neva said dat, he said in some core northern states nd he made a quote dat its for d muslims nd wunt affect d christians. It includes banking without interest nd som rily gud sensible things, I research on islam a lot. Remember that d same hardship on d common man dat has existed all tru Gej tenure wud continue if he continues, I like to see Buhari rule for just 4 years den we wud draw comparisms and conclusions. My opinion though.

Good point u've bro but thr is one thn I'd like to know. Why does he feel d need to "islamize core northern states in Nigeria"

Did he tell u?

D fundamental human right of d FRN is entrenched in d 1999 constitution & dat includes *Right to freedom of thought,conscience & religion as provided for in s.38*.

Y shud anyone play God? Not al Northerners in d core states wanna be Muslims so y convert all?

Well, I dn't like his person,his old & shud gv room for a younger more effective generation.

Wen I was a little girl & was in primary schl,my teachers always drummed into our ears that we r d leaders of tmrw hence we shud build ourselves in character & learnin.

D tmrw is here,same leaders still. We need CHANGE! Lets forgo al the sentiments.

Im not sayin GEJ is perfect but he is way better than Buhari.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Moyos: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!!!

The popular behavioural interviews which is fast gaining acceptance among recruiters are based on the assumption that the most accurate predictor of future performance is past performance in similar situations. I agree. In line with this, here are the one major reason and ten others why you should vote Buhari (GMB) as President in 2015:

The major reason: Buhari has shown that he can fight corruption
The single greatest malady threatening to strangulate this nation is corruption. It is both the nucleus and the lifeblood of all other disorders endangering us as a people, and casting us in the mould of an unserious nation in the eyes of the world. It is from corruption that all other obvious backward-pulling forces derive their strength. And to simply say it the way it is, most of our leaders are barefaced thieves. They are totally undisguised in their business of stealing the nation to stupor.
It is in his ability to wrestle the monster of corruption to the ground and pull out the nation from its destructive grip that GMB shines brighter than all his opponents, whether within his own political party, the APC, or in the ruling party, the PDP. That Buhari is honest, scrupulous, and totally trustworthy is beyond disputation. All along, not a single shred of evidence has been brought forward to counter his assertion that he has never stolen public funds. In GMB, we are blessed with a Nigerian politician that has not filled his pockets with our commonwealth, a rare success story!
Other reasons:
• Buhari’s economic prowess as military Head of State has been touted as the best economic initiative this nation has ever recorded. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former Governor of the Central Bank, called it Buharinomics. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira..

• His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota. His practical economic policies reduced inflation from 23 per cent to 4 per cent within 20 months and kept the Naira stronger than the Dollar with an exchange rate of N1 to $1.4.

• GMB launched the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) as a Head of State and the policy won him international applause, as a result of its effectiveness. He became a renowned anti-corruption Czar, as a result of his zero tolerance to corruption, which reduced the menace to its barest minimum while he was Head of State.

• Under his leadership as Head of State, both Warri and Kaduna Refineries were built. He also drew up the blueprint for the country’s petrochemical and liquefied natural gas programmes — all without a hint of scandal.

• Buhari’s record as head of Petroleum Trust Fund is untainted and examplary. As the Executive Chairman, Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, Buhari masterminded and spearheaded the construction of 20 oil depots throughout the country, a project involving over 3,200 kilometres of pipelines. A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".

• In 2002, Buhari founded a democratic and political movement — The Buhari Organisation, otherwise known as Project Nigeria, which introduced a new concept into Nigerian politics: Service to the people.

• Buhari has a penchant for integrity and transparency — a virtue that is lacking in most Nigerian politicians today. Hence, he beats his chest publicly that he has never stolen a kobo of public funds in all the positions he has occupied and challenged anyone, who has evidence to the contrary to disclose and till date nobody has come forward with evidence.

• Buhari as a military commander in Borno State in the 80’s helped conquer an insurgent group that was troubling that region of the country. When he was Head of State, he gave the orders that quelled the Maitatsine uprising. The Boko Haram uprsing, an offshoot of Maitatsine, is certain to be curtailed by this experienced military officer if voted into office.

• Buhari has a thing for attracting the best of human associates and permits them the liberty to function. Many owe the success of Buhari’s regime in 1984 to the ingenuity of the late Brig. Gen. Tunde Idiagbon. Buhari should however be credited for allowing his associates to function; a fit he is likely to repeat with individuals like Raji Fashola (present Gov’ of Lagos State), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (former Minister of the FCT), Dr. Obi Ezekwesili, and a host of other individuals who are at the moment supporting his candidacy and might be working in his government.

• The major lie peddled by the ruling part against GMB is that he is an Islamic extremist but there is no evidence to support this. Many of his associates and subordinates in his private life are Christians. The statements credited to Buhari, which his detractors use to label him an Islamic fundamentalist, simply tell of an individual who is true to himself and his faith, and who will not compromise his faith for political advantage
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Arbiola(f): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
qtx:

Unfortunately whoever wins here doesn't mean the person will win in real life bc nairaland does not constitute even 0.0001% of the voting population of Nigeria.
However, since its something we just have to use to while away time and say our minds, i will say GEj all the way.
Take not that there are several reasons GEJ will carry the day not because he is the best product Nigeria as a whole has but in comparison to GMB, GEJ is a better material on some grounds, e.g Buhari seems to be coming with military indiscipline mentality to a democratic system, nation and people it will not work again if it worked before bc there are laws and rules to also control him except he decides to be lawless which will defeat one of the basic tenets of good leadership people will expect from him, secondly, he seems to be fighting to get the power by all cost not because he actually has a plan to deliver results and make a difference or even understand practically what the problems of Nigeria are(example, he said he will stabilize petrol prize).Another example the problem of Nigeria is way beyond boko haram bc other problems precipitated boko haram which will need to be tackled before boko haram will be fixed. Also, buhari may spend energy victimizing past or present offenders of crime leaving behind the main agenda of delivering the dividends of good leadership to the people e.g, building hospitals, schools, creating jobs, fighting boko haram etc.
I can go on and on, but you see GEJ already is inside, fighting from the inside, he understands where what is happening is happening right now he needs more time to fix things.
Write it down that even if by any means you have change of govt through 2015 election at federal level the new president after grabbing the position will address the nation and what you will hear will be something like this" great people of nigeria, there is enormous task ahead of us all, but we are not deterred as we assure you we will deliver but we need sometime as we are not magician but together with your support we will get there"
What have you deduced from such a statement, ?"We need time" We are not Magicians" the same time GEJ needs to finish work.
Buhari is not a magician so dont be deceived that if he wins things will change in 4yrs.
Anyway, I see GEj wining 2015. My understanding, dont crucify me, bring yours to the page lets see your reasoning.
You and I know dat d issue of boko haram should be tackled first, do u know we've all forgotten abt almost 250 chibok girls adopted by these terrorists.I think Nigeria needs a more active president and Gej is not.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
AmberQueen:
U again

I hope u're not a terrorist too

I am not a terrorist. And GMB is not. The one to fear is the clueless one.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by enoqueen: 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
None. If only I can find my way there. cry
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
hifaif:

I am not a terrorist. And GMB is not. The one to fear is the clueless one.

Any presidential aspirant wit d name "d clueless one"
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by jojomario(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
if your child refuses to perform after 16years in school. Wontyou suggest another option? Any other party except PDP.
I refuse to be deceived for the 5th time in a row.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by ekolajossyadde(m): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
I will not only vote Gej I will also for him
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by joebeckz(m): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Implementing sharia law is not islamizing a state, de re 2 difrent tins, its just a law nd if u ve no busines wit it. U re aware da sharia courts handles cases in even supreme court premises in 3 arm zone abuja rght? Has it turned those in d complex to muslims? He did nt say islamizing a state bt sharia law wud b in practice. I did nt put ma statement well. Sorry. D man is old,principled nd got d guts to fix dis country cos he monitors tins bumper to bumper like he made sure etf buildings were executed wen he handled d project, he dealt wt doz da embezzled. Check his history. So focused. Am an igbo, christian nd catholic bt Gej is doin notin man, he was in chad wt ali modu sherif secretly, y? He cleared d air for russian plain wit arms a day after ali modu came to kano, Y? See we re innocent here, de d evil ones re makin we pay wt our lives nd energy arguing over dem, anyway we luv 9ja dats y bt wat ever wud be wud be. Let Gods wish prevail. Gej no follow at all for me

AmberQueen:

Good point u've bro but thr is one thn I'd like to know. Why does he feel d need to "islamize core northern states in Nigeria"

Did he tell u?

D fundamental human right of d FRN is entrenched in d 1999 constitution & dat includes *Right to freedom of thought,conscience & religion as provided for in s.38*.

Y shud anyone play God? Not al Northerners in d core states wanna be Muslims so y convert all?

Well, I dn't like his person,his old & shud gv room for a younger more effective generation.

Wen I was a little girl & was in primary schl,my teachers always drummed into our ears that we r d leaders of tmrw hence we shud build ourselves in character & learnin.

D tmrw is here,same leaders still. We need CHANGE! Lets forgo al the sentiments.

Im not sayin GEJ is perfect but he is way better than Buhari.
Re: Nairalanders Who Do You Want As President Next Year? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
AmberQueen:

Any presidential aspirant wit d name "d clueless one"

Oh, so you don't know the aspirant? I comment my reserve.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Have To Say About This Picture??? / If GEJ Is Shoeless We Can Now Call Buhari Certificateless / Governor Amaechi - Revolutionary Speech From A Revolutionary Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.