Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? (2067 Views)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / Amaechi: Okupe Is President Jonathan’s Worst Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2014
I still can't undastand the reason why some people kept on accusing president jonathan of being corrupt wen he had not being cought corruptible.what strangely amaze me is that the only justifiable corrupt member of his cabinet;stella oduar has being sacked even when she's a key member of his cabinet. So right now i want to undastand wat make gej so corrupt as claimed by obj and his like in nairaland.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Or probably the likes of berem and co needed job at all cost.it's maybe possible shaa cryOr probably the likes of berem and co needed job at all cost.it's maybe possible shaa
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by motherlode: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
an african adage says when a king has good counsellors is reign is and will be peaceful. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
motherlode:
an african adage says when a king has good counsellors is reign is and will be peaceful. grin
so wat r u saying man?
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by chamboy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Abeg Transfer of state fund to Pay Beyonce = Ok I forgot Ordinary Stealing is not Corruption

3 Likes

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by 4Play(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
GEJ turns a blind eye to corruption. So, there may not be actual evidence linking his person to corruption but he aids and abets it by not tackling corruption.

In some way, GEJ is like Buhari and Shagari in that evidence of personal corruption is relatively minimal. However, these leaders allowed underlings whether under PTF or in the 2nd Republic to get away with corruption.

The reality is that in the Nigerian political system, corruption oils the wheels of political negotiations. Turning a blind eye to what your supporters do allows you to retain support.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
chamboy:
Abeg Transfer of state fund to Pay Beyonce = Ok I forgot Ordinary Stealing is not Corruption
can u prove that?or u just like opening ur mouth.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by cocoduck: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
4Play:
GEJ turns a blind eye to corruption. So, there may not be actual evidence linking his person to corruption but he aids and abets it by not tackling corruption.

In some way, GEJ is like Buhari and Shagari in that evidence of personal corruption is relatively minimal. However, these leaders allowed underlings whether under PTF or in the 2nd Republic to get away with corruption.

The reality is that in the Nigerian political system, corruption oils the wheels of political negotiations. Turning a blind eye to what your supporters do allows you to retain support.
We need concrete evidence of him chopping the money.
jailing the person or identifying plugging the or blocking the conduit pipe, which one of them is more effective? look Buhari has nothing to offer to this country, after he was booted out of office, didn't corruption come back vigorously? because he took the easy way out.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
4Play:

i disagree with u sir.i don't beleive that gej can turn a blind eye to any form of corruption in his cabinet. Many people who accuss gej of corruption can never pinpoint to any corruption allegation against him with proven fact.just as we can say that of Tinubu,Atiku,obj and their likes,no one can say wen gej became corruptible. U said he aid corruption by nt waging a war against it?ok.but if one would wage a thorough war against corruption in Nigeria,then almost all past and present office holder in nigeria government would be licking the walls of kirikiri.and that will require a conplete new buget of it's own.and that's an almost imposible task. So i beleived that's the reason y wen gej was asked in an interview hw he intend to tacle corruption he said;U CAN'T FIGHT CORRUPTION BY LOCKING UP PEOPLE RATHER U BLOCK ANY MEANS USED FOR CORRUPT POUPORSES.and a great example is in the agric sector.

3 Likes

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ezemust:
I still can't undastand the reason why some people kept on accusing president jonathan of being corrupt wen he had not being cought corruptible.what strangely amaze me is that the only justifiable corrupt member of his cabinet;stella oduar has being sacked even when she's a key member of his cabinet. So right now i want to undastand wat make gej so corrupt as claimed by obj and his like in nairaland.

Subsidy Scam, Immigration Recruitment Scam, Stella Odua's Indictment, Diezani Madueke's Allegations & $20 Billion NNPC Scam. For your info, OBJ is an Angel compared to your fedora-hat wearing bastard. Atleast, he neither funded nor shielded any Boko Haram sponsor from being prosecuted during his tenure.

BTW - How can you acknowledge that Jonathan is a bastion of corruption when you're Igbo ? - The most despicable, desperate & dubious tribe in the Universe!

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Newkidoo(m): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
First ask yourself this..
How is it possible that an oldman like you cant spell corrupt Odikwa serious
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

Subsidy Scam, Immigration Recruitment Scam, Stella Odua's Indictment, Diezani Madueke's Allegations & $20 Billion NNPC Scam. For your info, OBJ is an Angel compared to your fedora-hat wearing bastard. Atleast, he neither funded nor shielded any Boko Haram sponsor from being prosecuted during his tenure.

BTW - How can you acknowledge that Jonathan is a bastion of corruption when you're Igbo ? - The most despicable, desperate & dubious tribe in the Universe!
to start with y picking on igbos?
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Newkidoo:
First ask yourself this..
How is it possible that an oldman like you cant spell corrupt Odikwa serious
i beleive u can anserw that ursf
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by cocoduck: 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

This is why BIAFRA must be, so that we will know who is more dubious than the other.
yaringba is honest and sophisticated that is why the practically ran Down all the businesses they fraudulently acquired, ie Nigeria airways
yaringbas, ofemmanus: jack and Jane of all trades, masters and mistresses of none. Search on YouTube Nigerian scammer nabbed in Malaysia, the name of the criminal is BIDEMI.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Adminisher: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Malabu oil, that one was chopped fast, very fast

Oil subsidy scam billions stolen using mules who are still keeping the money for them

$20bn missing NNPC funds

Lumping security with defence and spending more than 4 trillion naira in three years. Security funds are never probed so when you lump the subhead with defence you can have.a jamboree. Real weapons started trickling to fronline soldiers only 4 months ago.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by DEUNSTOPPABLE(m): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most other places
over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and above i.e
(unofficial price).
3. Garri from N150 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to N350 per
measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to N4000 per
month and yet no light
6. Scarcity of money but abundantly available for
groups campaigning for TAN etc
7. Killings from few individuals to whole
communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per 40km to 2
per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from 10,000 barrels
to 100,000 barrels stolen per day
10. Industrial strikes by many organisations
11. Sack of few workers to thousands of workers
12. WASSCE from 40% failure to over 70% failure
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens from
much to zero
14. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to less than
20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters and cut-
offs
17. Economy from worse to greatest in Africa on
paper, but the masses from poor to poorest
18. Politicians defect from one party to the other in
an unusual fashion and soldiers also defect to
other countries
19. Transport fares on both air and road networks
have shot the roof
20. Bribe takings from only police to soldiers
inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical

MUMU all these are what?
Manoeuvre' when soldiers are deliberately
Ezemust:
i disagree with u sir.i don't beleive that gej can turn a blind eye to any form of corruption in his cabinet. Many people who accuss gej of corruption can never pinpoint to any corruption allegation against him with proven fact.just as we can say that of Tinubu,Atiku,obj and their likes,no one can say wen gej became corruptible. U said he aid corruption by nt waging a war against it?ok.but if one would wage a thorough war against corruption in Nigeria,then almost all past and present office holder in nigeria government would be licking the walls of kirikiri.and that will require a conplete new buget of it's own.and that's an almost imposible task. So i beleived that's the reason y wen gej was asked in an interview hw he intend to tacle corruption he said;U CAN'T FIGHT CORRUPTION BY LOCKING UP PEOPLE RATHER U BLOCK ANY MEANS USED FOR CORRUPT POUPORSES.and a great example is in the agric sector.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

stop giving us emotion filled post.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by simpleseyi: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ezemust:

2014 Budget
The Presidency plans to spend at least N2.3 billion on local and international travels and transportation next year. The proposal is contained in the 2014 appropriation bill submitted by President Goodluck Jonathan through the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to the National Assembly last week.

A breakdown of the figure showed that the State House would require the sum of N1, 219, 612, 417 for what it called Local Travels. International travels and transportation will gulp N1, 159, 240, 600 . Na heaven he wan go?

For the whole year, the Presidency intends to spend N200 million for the provision of foodstuffs/catering supplies while it also plans to expend another N162,556,500 on meals and refreshments. For honorarium and sitting allowances, the Presidency has budgeted a princely sum of N320 million for that purpose just as it has set aside the sum of N33.8 million for the office of the Vice-President to take care of his foodstuffs and catering supplies as well as meals and refreshments in the year.

Under the arrangement, N23.8 million will go for foodstuffs and catering supplies while the balance of N10 million will be spent on meals and refreshments in the office of the second in command.

In the same vein, the Minister of Finance and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is expected to spend the sum of N568,859,940 on honorarium and another N51, 403,464 on meals and refreshments within the fiscal period.

From the day you were born till today, if we calculate how much your parents and yourself have spent on food, is it up to the amount Goatluck Jonathan wants to spend on food in one year? Lat year, he budgeted over one billion naira for food. What do you call this? Oh! it's stealing not corruption.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/2014-budget-presidency-spend-n2-3bn-travels/

2 Likes

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mutum
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by cocoduck: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
At the end, there is no concrete evidence to accuse him of corruption ie obasanjo was clearly a corrupt man as he did a lot of corrupt things like the national id card, now we national id cards grace a GEJ. it is clear to all and sundry that he spent $16 on electric power but not even a watt to show for it. I want to see such, against GEJ for me to believe he is corrupt because when the devil is fighting against you then you must be doing something right.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by ionsman: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
You guys answering the op,you are heroes o.He doesn't deserve an answer.
Like seriously?
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by banki(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ezemust:

interesting....

how much was petroleum subsidy before GEJ became president? How much is it now? how come kerosene which government pays subsidy for still sells at over 100naira to the so called poor people....

I know that the people behind TAN like Ifeanyi Ubah are major importers of kerosene, the president never arrested them or convicted them for stealing over 1trillion naira, instead the price of oil moved from 65 naira to 97naira, this people walk around the president they even helped him purchase his nomination form.... and you tell me the president isn't corrupt?

Oya tell me how he blocked their means of stealing

I had to bring it down to this level because this is what the average man sees, Did I lie
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by major466(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ezemust:
Don't mind them. They are just blinded by hate for GEJ. If you call Tinubu or Buhari corrupt they will pounce on you, challenging you to produce evidence. Yet the same set of people takes pleasure in accusing GEJ of corruption without any shred of evidence and expect everybody to believe them. What do we call that? APC itself is made of Corruption.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2014
A president who refused to declare his assets as required by law automatically forfeits all expectations not to be seen as corrupt.

The president's body language and utterances also spells corruption; most especially for saying STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

He is known to pardon corruption - Alams
His government presides over corruption - so many corruption scandals
He courts corruption - since most of his friends are corrupt.
He is married to corruption - PEJ has been indicted by Ribado led EFCC for money laundering
How therefore can he himself be free of corruption?

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by mcquin(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2014
cocoduck:

This is why BIAFRA must be, so that we will know who is more dubious than the other.
yaringba is honest and sophisticated that is why the practically ran Down all the businesses they fraudulently acquired, ie Nigeria airways
yaringbas, ofemmanus: jack and Jane of all trades, masters and mistresses of none. Search on YouTube Nigerian scammer nabbed in Malaysia, the name of the criminal is BIDEMI.

Is anyone stopping you from establishing Biafra? Why not go and hang the Biafran flag outside your house afteraal GEJ is Ibo.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by mcquin(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2014
Ezemust:
stop giving us emotion filled post.

How is that post "emotional-filled?"; oh because he talked about Ibos?

Just tackle the facts stated and stop trolling jor.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Abagworo(m): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2014
Ezemust:

If under his watch subsidy funds increased by 1000% in 9 months what else is left to convince you?

If a militant leader arrested in South Africa was able to produce evidence of discussing with agents of the President asking him to falsely accuse Northerners what else do you havd to hear to convince you?

A comprehensive list of impunity and corruption since Jonathan took over government will fill 1000 pages.
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Abagworo:

If under his watch subsidy funds increased by 1000% in 9 months what else is left to convince you?

If a militant leader arrested in South Africa was able to produce evidence of discussing with agents of the President asking him to falsely accuse Northerners what else do you havd to hear to convince you?

A comprehensive list of impunity and corruption since Jonathan took over government will fill 1000 pages.
mr man this's just an accusation.a mere allegation against gej without concret evidence.most of the corrupt cases u guys r shouting about abound before gej regime.subsidy was a dirty game all this while,no successive government deem it fit enof to tell nigeria the truth about subsidy.gej brought the whole truth out and nw he has being sacrified for that. Impunity,accusation,allegation,impunity,impunity and impunity!wat do u guys take this government for?do u think it's a military junta that will just pick up an accused and lock him up in cell without a court hearing?do u think it's obj military in civillian disguise rule were every power belong to him and he can do watsoever he want's with power? Look at wat happen at osun,a sentence has just been passed against someone commited crime since 2007,(the bomb suspect).7 years after.this is democracy. The problem with nigeria is that for the first time we r witnessing real democracy.this is the first time we r having a democratic govmnt that let all the tenets of democracy unfold it self.that's the reason y this govmnt has much critic,because nw ppl r free to knw wat they want and say it out.cos now ppl r free to write trash about the govmnt and get away with it.it gose on and on

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Ezemust: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2014
major466:

Don't mind them. They are just blinded by hate for GEJ. If you call Tinubu or Buhari corrupt they will pounce on you, challenging you to produce evidence. Yet the same set of people takes pleasure in accusing GEJ of corruption without any shred of evidence and expect everybody to believe them. What do we call that? APC itself is made of Corruption.
dis ppl r quite disgustin.the say trash upon trash everyday n expect us to belv dem
Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by Orunto: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Just like the Jews insisted that Jesus was guilty. Thesame Jesus who bore all the accussations and carried away the sins of Jonathan and I taught us all to settle with our adversaries and leave Him, Who is Judge, to judge. I believe that GEJ is a good Christian. The Lord is good. As I see things now, it is a struggle between "Darkness and Light" and God is the Master Planner!

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by major466(m): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ezemust:
mr man this's just an accusation.a mere allegation against gej without concret evidence.most of the corrupt cases u guys r shouting about abound before gej regime.subsidy was a dirty game all this while,no successive government deem it fit enof to tell nigeria the truth about subsidy.gej brought the whole truth out and nw he has being sacrified for that. Impunity,accusation,allegation,impunity,impunity and impunity!wat do u guys take this government for?do u think it's a military junta that will just pick up an accused and lock him up in cell without a court hearing?do u think it's obj military in civillian disguise rule were every power belong to him and he can do watsoever he want's with power? Look at wat happen at osun,a sentence has just been passed against someone commited crime since 2007,(the bomb suspect).7 years after.this is democracy. The problem with nigeria is that for the first time we r witnessing real democracy.this is the first time we r having a democratic govmnt that let all the tenets of democracy unfold it self.that's the reason y this govmnt has much critic,because nw ppl r free to knw wat they want and say it out.cos now ppl r free to write trash about the govmnt and get away with it.it gose on and on
You deserve a Gold Medal.
Years of military rule has damage the psychie of most Nigerians. This damage is deeply rooted in their mentality to the point where the only language they understand is show of force. Nigerians have no idea what it means for a Leader to govern through democractic ideals. To them Obasanjo was a strong man because he fought corruption through EFCC. What they don't know was that Obasanjo's so called fight against corruption was mere window dressing. A process he utilized to fight political enemies. He used the police and EFCC to commit gross acts of human rights violation. In fact, He ruled like a military dictator dishing out orders on who to arrested and who to be spared. He's government was mared by blatant disregard of court orders and abuse of power. Many Nigerians don't know that the state of emergency declared on Plateau State by OBJ where the Governor and the State House of Assembly were suspended was highly illegal, a classic case of impunity and blatant disregard of the constitution. Yet no one challenge it. Why? Because he controlled the National Assembly. OBJ's interference in the National Assembly was mind boggling. It got to a point where he decides who becomes the Senate President and Speaker of the house of Representatives. This is unheard of in civilized democracies anywhere in the world.
OBJ's rule was also characterized by rigging and imposition of candidates. Candidates he feels are loyal and will do he's bidding. Is this what democractic rule is all about? Excessive control and blatant abuse of power? Definitely not. At best he's government can be described as Military Rule in Civilian Camouflage. There's nothing democratic about Obasanjo's regime.
Goodluck Jonathan is the first Leader in Nigeria's history to govern the country democratically by STRICT observance of the CONSTITUTION and the RULE of LAW. It is because of these ideals and adherence to democratic principles that some tagged him weak.

1 Like

Re: How Is President Jonathan Corruopt? by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Results In Some Parts Of Nig. According To A Source I Saw Online. / Gej/jonathan Photo That Went Viral On Instagram And Twittter This Week[photo] / Photo Of Underage Accreditation Ongoing In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.