Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians (51292 Views)

Preparation Of Delicious Irresistable Moi Moi For Events / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Which Is The Most Consumed Foods In Nigeria: Garri, Bread Or Rice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by sukkot: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
freezyprinzy:
lwkmd..its lyk ild end time follow u
grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
igbsam:
I don chop 3 out of the list above. Too much protein
God bless ya
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Na. Culture sha
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Balkan(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Cockroaches Consumed in south western Nigeria

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by enomakos(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
the larva and termites are yummy
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by frehage: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
CaptaiinG:
Is this what you are calling delicious? Eyama

Do you eat crafish or lobster? No 2 is more delicious and as respectable. You donno what yua missing!!!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by motherlode: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
:p what about shinge wink grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dotwillis1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wing termite make sense.. I fit eat am raw
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by santicruz: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
No 3 is vry delicious.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Ilovenigeria(f): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:
I love the palm weevil larvae and the winged termite..

The yam beetle I have never tasted and the locust is a definite No.
Eruru Ngwo.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Lekison(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Uhmm...winged termite my favourite(so delicious).
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by motherlode: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Balkan:
Cockroaches Consumed in south western Nigeria
shocked eleyi gidi gan ooo
i am sure it is not consumed in my state.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by mekuzee1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
The second picture looks like that insect that comes during raining season. Those days, people leave their buckets of water outside only to find d insects inside which will later be fried grin grin grin
..no u must b talking abt d third picture not d second..
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by nessaluv(f): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
G0d forbid BAD TIN.... I can neva eat any of ds..... embarassed
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by paparazzi1987(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
No 2 is called moni-moni in yoruba, and it is very delicious. With egusi soup
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Beennkumar(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ewww! embarassed
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by 5minsmadness: 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
NOBODY eats cockroaches in the south!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by 5minsmadness: 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

[img]http://conjamon.files./2013/11/red_palm_weevil_larva.jpg[/img]
Palm Weevil Larva: Consumed largely in Bayelsa and other regions in Southern Nigeria.

The palm weevil larvae is the most delicious!

Harvested fresh from the stalk of the palm tree, it is carried to the kitchen while still alive and then cooked in a dry frying pan.

The heat brings out the larvae's natural oils and it literally frys itself. A seasoning of local spices can be sprinkled in for added flavour although not necessary.

This wonderful delicacy has a chewy slightly oily texture and is eaten by holding the hard head and chewing off the soft body although some die-hards eat the head as well.

Nutritive value: Omega3 fatty acids(good for the heart), vitamins A and C and a good source of protein.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dymondgurl(f): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mayor21:
Termites, in Cross river state. Very delicious.
I love eating the termites raw. Yummy!!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Now I've lost my appetite. embarassed

This is like the most disgusting thing I've seen in quite a while, especially that No. 2. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by ellechrystal(f): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Na wa o. We can eat 4 africa o...
Se as my body dey do me.. especially wen I sighted that palm ***lava. .looks like maggot.
Chei
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
The second picture looks like that insect that comes during raining season. Those days, people leave their buckets of water outside only to find d insects inside which will later be fried grin grin grin
We call them esusu.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by freecocoa(f): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Never eaten any of those or any insect for that matter and I'm not planning to.

#yuck
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by sherif4owo(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
opeeedo:
poverty

It's not poverty!!

I enjoy termites back then in pry school days... I can pay to eat them. since they are not common in my current area
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by UjSizzle(f): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
I ate winged termite when I was in JSS 1 cheesy
Took me a while to get past the limbs lol but it wasn't bad at all.

Never ate it again though undecided
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Lilimax(f): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
I ate no.3 (Winged termites) a.k.a Aku- mkpu those days embarassed
Very delicious when mixed with Cornflower moi-moi smiley

Don't know if I can still eat it undecided
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by igbsam(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
androidroot:
God bless ya

Bless ya too

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by 100Cents: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:
I do only termites.... The rest? Naaah

Me too..

Only termites..
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by 100Cents: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Some people chop cockroaches..
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
If I fit eat pussssy why I no go fit eat all this ones lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:
I do only termites.... The rest? Naaah
The Palm weevil larvae is a better delicacy. tongue cheesy
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Sharksblow(m): 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
prosperup:
Is this as a result of poverty or what. They will not belle full people.
do chin chin, biscuits, and other junks belle full people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Big Python Caught At Our Backyard In Choba, Port Harcourt (Photos) / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.