Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates (805 Views)

11 Best Quotes From Buhari's Address To His New Ministers / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by Boss13: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Now we have a number one contender with President Goodluck Jonathan and it’s none other than Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), who won the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate on Thursday.
Together, the two candidates will go head to head in the 2015 general election.
Buhari first had a shot at the Presidency in 2003 against Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. In 2007, he ran against Umaru Yar’Adua (now late).
His emergence for the fourth time as a presidential candidate was welcomed by the APC national leadership, delegates and aspirants. One of the defeated aspirants, Okorocha, described him after the official announcement of the results, as “the man capable of chasing away Jonathan in 2015.”
Now we bring you our ten best statements from both parties:

Goodluck Jonathan
1. I promise, I will not fail our great nation, Nigeria.
2. These last four years have not always been easy, but through it all, my wife has effortlessly taken care of our home.
3. We initiated Debt Relief, the Amnesty Programme, the Presidential Jobs Creation Board, Power Sector Reforms and the National Infrastructure Master-plan; the Nigerian Industrial Revolution Plan, the National Automobile Policy, the Freedom of Information regime, the Nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Company, and the Infrastructure Bank, amongst others.
4. Has change not come to our railway system?
Has change not come to our airports?
Has change not come to our roads network?
Has change not come to our agricultural sector?
Has change not come to our electoral process?
Has change not come to Almajiri education?
Is change not coming to the power sector?
What we need today is to consolidate on our gains in order to secure our future.
Our focus now must be on the future and not on the past. We have challenges but we are determined to overcome them. And this we will.
5. These last four years, my priority has been in building a strong and stable economy. We have created the enabling environment for businesses to thrive. These are essentials for securing Nigeria’s future.
6. I believe that together as a people and with God on our side, we shall defeat terror and emerge an even stronger nation.
7. Nigeria is not a land of despair. We are a people who show commitment and unity of purpose. Just look at how we stood up to the Ebola Virus Disease. We are a hard-working nation. And we will go from strength to strength.
8. Our best days are before us, not behind us. We must continue to move forward.
9. I will work to secure Nigeria’s future. I will serve with humility and moderation, with simplicity and forthrightness; with openness and inclusiveness, and with firmness and strength. I urge all Nigerians to support me, to finish what we started together.
10. Fellow citizens, what we need, more than anything else, is to secure our country’s future, by building, and not by destroying.

Muhammad Buhari:
1. Christian and Muslim, Southern and Northern, rich and poor, young and old, man and woman. We are all citizens of Nigeria. There is no dividing line among us that I care to honour. Either we advance as one or fail altogether.
2. Preserving the nation’s future is a scared obligation to all of us in this party.
3. We will return Nigeria to a position of international respect through patriotic foreign policy.
4. Shall we at home continue to live in a condition where the Power Holding Company and its successors seem only to have the power to hold us in darkness?
Shall we continue in a situation where 250 of our daughters have been abducted and the government has been unable to rescue them or provide credible information about what steps they are taking?
Shall we live in a nation where several people were trampled to death in search of jobs in a stadium and yet no one has taken responsibility for the tragedy?
Shall we live in a nation where the ranks of the poor swell and their poverty increase while the consorts of the powerful enjoy unprecedented wealth?
The lives of the poor are bled dry while those of the powerful soak in excessive abundance. My answers to these questions are “No, No, No, No!” It is time to close this demeaning chapter in our nation’s history.
4. I ask that you join this effort, not for me, but to establish a better land for all of us. I understand and accept the hard challenge ahead. When all is said and done, let it be written that Muhammadu Buhari gave his all for this nation.
5. We will choose the best Nigerians for the right jobs. Our government will be committed to the cause of the common man.
6. We will strive to attack poverty through broadly-shared economic growth and attacking corruption through impartial application of the law
7. Agriculture remains the backbone of the economy. Our government, when elected, will establish an agricultural policy that provides farmers a dignified living through improved inputs, improved extension services, access to credit and price support mechanisms.
8. We shall institute just policies that afford people the dignity of work and pay them a living wage for their sweat and toil.
9. No longer shall illegal flows of massive sums leave these shores to finance other economies. While our people languish in poverty, we effectively give financial aid to nations that is not justified. I am sick of this. It must stop. The money saved will finance jobs, health care and the provision of social safety net for the needy, weak and vulnerable of our land.10. We will be a compassionate government, for out of compassion arises the truest forms of wealth and progress a society can attain.

http:///11Z57a
Re: 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by xpac01(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wether its copy or paste or it was actually Buhari saying all these, all i have to say is that, his quotes are very intelligent and deserving a chance. SAI BUHARI!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by Boss13: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
From the speeches you can tell who means serious business
Re: 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sai buhari!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by ephemm(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
I am a Christian, not because I go to Church or bow down to some Pastors in anticipation of laying of hands for healing, spiritual breakthrough nor financial liberty, but because I believe in the LORD JESUS as my personal Lord and Saviour...

...and I support Rt. Gen Muhammadu Buhari for President in 2015...

I am tired of the international community seeing Nigeria as a corrupt nation; there are many good things coming out of this country, but corruption is a big veil that covers all the good deeds of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Kick out Corruption - Support Buhari irrespective of your religious affiliation.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Vs Buhari – Our 10 Best Quotes From Both Candidates by scala101(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Boss13:
Now we have a number one contender with President Goodluck Jonathan and it’s none other than Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), who won the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate on Thursday.
Together, the two candidates will go head to head in the 2015 general election.
Buhari first had a shot at the Presidency in 2003 against Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. In 2007, he ran against Umaru Yar’Adua (now late).
His emergence for the fourth time as a presidential candidate was welcomed by the APC national leadership, delegates and aspirants. One of the defeated aspirants, Okorocha, described him after the official announcement of the results, as “the man capable of chasing away Jonathan in 2015.”
Now we bring you our ten best statements from both parties:

Goodluck Jonathan
1. I promise, I will not fail our great nation, Nigeria.
2. These last four years have not always been easy, but through it all, my wife has effortlessly taken care of our home.
3. We initiated Debt Relief, the Amnesty Programme, the Presidential Jobs Creation Board, Power Sector Reforms and the National Infrastructure Master-plan; the Nigerian Industrial Revolution Plan, the National Automobile Policy, the Freedom of Information regime, the Nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Company, and the Infrastructure Bank, amongst others.
4. Has change not come to our railway system?
Has change not come to our airports?
Has change not come to our roads network?
Has change not come to our agricultural sector?
Has change not come to our electoral process?
Has change not come to Almajiri education?
Is change not coming to the power sector?
What we need today is to consolidate on our gains in order to secure our future.
Our focus now must be on the future and not on the past. We have challenges but we are determined to overcome them. And this we will.
5. These last four years, my priority has been in building a strong and stable economy. We have created the enabling environment for businesses to thrive. These are essentials for securing Nigeria’s future.
6. I believe that together as a people and with God on our side, we shall defeat terror and emerge an even stronger nation.
7. Nigeria is not a land of despair. We are a people who show commitment and unity of purpose. Just look at how we stood up to the Ebola Virus Disease. We are a hard-working nation. And we will go from strength to strength.
8. Our best days are before us, not behind us. We must continue to move forward.
9. I will work to secure Nigeria’s future. I will serve with humility and moderation, with simplicity and forthrightness; with openness and inclusiveness, and with firmness and strength. I urge all Nigerians to support me, to finish what we started together.
10. Fellow citizens, what we need, more than anything else, is to secure our country’s future, by building, and not by destroying.

Muhammad Buhari:
1. Christian and Muslim, Southern and Northern, rich and poor, young and old, man and woman. We are all citizens of Nigeria. There is no dividing line among us that I care to honour. Either we advance as one or fail altogether.
2. Preserving the nation’s future is a scared obligation to all of us in this party.
3. We will return Nigeria to a position of international respect through patriotic foreign policy.
4. Shall we at home continue to live in a condition where the Power Holding Company and its successors seem only to have the power to hold us in darkness?
Shall we continue in a situation where 250 of our daughters have been abducted and the government has been unable to rescue them or provide credible information about what steps they are taking?
Shall we live in a nation where several people were trampled to death in search of jobs in a stadium and yet no one has taken responsibility for the tragedy?
Shall we live in a nation where the ranks of the poor swell and their poverty increase while the consorts of the powerful enjoy unprecedented wealth?
The lives of the poor are bled dry while those of the powerful soak in excessive abundance. My answers to these questions are “No, No, No, No!” It is time to close this demeaning chapter in our nation’s history.
4. I ask that you join this effort, not for me, but to establish a better land for all of us. I understand and accept the hard challenge ahead. When all is said and done, let it be written that Muhammadu Buhari gave his all for this nation.
5. We will choose the best Nigerians for the right jobs. Our government will be committed to the cause of the common man.
6. We will strive to attack poverty through broadly-shared economic growth and attacking corruption through impartial application of the law
7. Agriculture remains the backbone of the economy. Our government, when elected, will establish an agricultural policy that provides farmers a dignified living through improved inputs, improved extension services, access to credit and price support mechanisms.
8. We shall institute just policies that afford people the dignity of work and pay them a living wage for their sweat and toil.
9. No longer shall illegal flows of massive sums leave these shores to finance other economies. While our people languish in poverty, we effectively give financial aid to nations that is not justified. I am sick of this. It must stop. The money saved will finance jobs, health care and the provision of social safety net for the needy, weak and vulnerable of our land.10. We will be a compassionate government, for out of compassion arises the truest forms of wealth and progress a society can attain.

http:///11Z57a

This is how it looks when u've not assume the office.these words are politically put together in order to divert people civil right.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Buhari? / Breaking News,sydney SIEGE / Atiku Happy With Arsenal Vs Monaco In Champions League Last 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.