Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,014 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (29735 Views)

A Jungle In The City: See The 500 -room Building Where Tenants Live As Prisoners / Story Of A 500-room House In Lagos Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (PICTURES) / 3 Bed Room House For Sale @ suncity Abuja and for rent @ Games Village Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nigeria is a hellhole, hell fire where you will get burn easily for existing at all. What a waste of place and human beings. If nothing is done urgently to get organized and live a civilized life Nigeria will be doom forever. The youths need to start acting now than procreating like fish. Bunch of primitive people. Y'all i d i o t s!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by femsmith(m): 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
Fabdedon:
what has GEJ got to say about this? grin tongue
Wat as GEJ got 2 do wit dis nw... Is d house newly built ni.. Or na goverment area Guex pple lyk u guna blame GEJ also if ur house start BURNING..
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Bowaley17(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
I dey mad...Y i go pay dt kind money 4 a house like this...Hw much be R/P self contain 4 Agric,Ikd...
Thunder fire d Landlord and his agents...
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by esstacey: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
chux76:
1st I don't believe the rent (144K) and secondly,before you even pay for an apartment in Lagos or anywhere in the country, you first inspect the place. So how come the tenant in the article claims ignorance of what he was paying for?
With 144k you can get a good decent one room apartment in Lagos with change sef.
Abeg..I don't believe this story jare!!

i thought so too...wont you see the house you are paying for before dropping money? abeg...na lie
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by redsun(m): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
sukkot:
the house is sagging under all that weight. it looks dangerous

Another synagogue in the making.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by mayor007(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
I grew up in Oduntan; infact my siblings still live there and I can tell you authoritatively that Onamo Agboye is a very mean and greedy man. Make I no just open his story here jaare but the way he treats his tenants is bad.

It befuddles the mind whenever I think of the situation of people who live there and some of these people are intelligent which begs the question, "Didn't you inspect the place before moving in?". That place is akin to a concentration camp; I really pity them.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by sukkot: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
redsun:

Another synagogue in the making.
right ? lol
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by mayor007(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
dominique:
Nawa o. wetin pesin no go see in this Lagos sef. Why on earth will someone pay such huge amount of money to live like a refugee? Should I call this desperation or jazz? Before you put money on an apartment, you inspect the surroundings and enquire about it from neighbours. I have a friend that used to live in that particular street. I'll ask him about it.
Ask me anything about the "Estate".
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by mayor007(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
kingthreat:
Many Yoruba landlords think that because they own houses, they are gods. Like the one of this terrible house. Imagine the nuance calling himself a philantropist. The Lagos real estate situation is getting off the reach of the middle-class who are forced to bear with trash in the name of accomodation. Lagos state government really needs to pull that house down. It is too abusive to remain.
Onamo Agboye isn't a Yoruba man; he is an Urhobo man. Can we just talk logically without resorting to mud-slinging a tribe?

3 Likes

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by mayor007(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
GboyegaD:
Is it that people pay before they go see this house?
Desperation drives some people to do what they won't do under normal circumstances. I have been thinking about it a lot too. That picture is the back-view of the "estate" and it is actually on a bog; sinking by lil by lil every year.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by qrymz(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
Am so aware of this place cos I live close to the house and I had a close friend who lived there. Trust me when I say this story doesn't even tell how horrible that so called estate is. The owner is a retired policeman and he has too much children that he doesn't even knw half of them. In fact, he sleeps with some of them without knowing they re his children. Rumors have it that he uses voodo on pretty women to lure them to becoming his wife and he abandons them as soon as she's got a child or two for him. May God help us all in Naija o
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by sylve11: 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
The kind wahala wey go dey go on for this kind place ehn! sad cool

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by fairprince(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Does anybody know Bulat House at Bariga Lagos? Do they share any similarity?
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by kingjohnny(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
amazing farts
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by assana: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
undecided
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by henryskywalker2003(m): 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Lol. I know that building. I used to stay close to the street. The house is actually sitting on a swamp. The pix was taken from the back. From the front, the house looks like a hotel with flags of various countries flying there.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Aliki(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Landlord no de force anybody rent house o for Lagos o....look around, and "ask questions" before you rent a place....What do you expect from a 500 room apartments when the tenants are not rats! Some people are too dumb, an agent who has never lived in a house will be telling you that the house "is well ventilated" and water is running 24/7, some will even tell you that "the Landlord will put-on the generator for you at night"....meanwhile agent don collect him percentage don waka. Who go suffer am?
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by JayJustus(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
technophile:
Lagos is a glorified shithole! No light, no water, overcrowding, overheating, an average air in Lagos contains 0.2% Oxygen, the rest have been polluted with generator's exhaust, body odour, mouth odour... in short, Lagos is one of the branch office of hell on earth.

and it is the same commercial hub of Nigeria that can stand alone without FG allocation...Lagos is the pace setter for other states that follow our ynansh...with a GDP greater than almost 20 states combined...where you have top class hotels and restaurants, where any business thrives, where Ebola was kicked out, where one of the busiest airports in the Africa is, where people flock in and out daily...

swear down if Lagos secedes from Nigeria it will follow suit like Singapore... that's what they did back in the days...I will just dust my birth certificate from Lagos Island and collect Lagos passport!! I was born in Lagos and I bleed Lagos...issokay, bye

KickOutJonadaft2015
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by moststylish(m): 12:11am On Dec 14, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:
Ekiti state pay me my 2013 state allowance.
guy u are speaking my mind seems we need to riot o,cos i dont knw ours shld be different wen batch A n B received their own
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by juman(m): 8:08am On Dec 14, 2014
I belief that if there is 24/7 electricity provision in nigeria more than half of people living in lagos would go back to their villages (states).

Likewise other cities in the country.

We seriously need a real man to fix the power problem. This present government is not capable of fixing it.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by ewizard1: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2014
Really, I dont have a House yet but definitely sure would build one.

When Fashola came about this Building testing thing and how your land would be visited and checked before any building is allowed, I used to be against that...

But with this!!!

*sighs*

That house should be Demolished, the landlord should be compensated and giving a Plan of building which he MUST follow.

Imagine, the dude even claimed a philanthropist!!!!
"Ogbeni! if Nigerians were like you, Population would have decreased in a half..."

SUPER DUMBO !!!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by rafcrown(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2014
BREEDING PLACE FOR ARMED ROBBERS,PROSTITUTES AND SOCIAL MISCREANTS.Can married people live here and consider your family safe?-I just pity their wives and daughters,especially.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by BUSHHUNTER: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
moststylish:
guy u are speaking my mind seems we need to riot o,cos i dont knw ours shld be different wen batch A n B received their own

Our own batch C bleeped up we should av waited and protest but evrybody are busy running home....we need to connect eachother to get d message to ekiti state government orelse na voicemail tinz o.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Ndipe(m): 7:58am On Jul 30, 2020
Pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much It Will Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom / Reconstruction Diary Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (the Face Lift) / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.