Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 (1609 Views)

Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by Frankenstein: 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
Co.Design has created a beautiful infographic, based on NASA information, which shows all of the space infrastructure we’ll rely on to get humans to Mars.

Last week, NASA announced it will aim to send humans to the Red Planet by mid-2030 onboard the Orion spacecraft, which has already had its first successful test flight.

However, as you can see in the image below, we’re still a long way away from making that goal come true.

We first need to land on an asteroid and then redirect it to orbit the Moon at some point in the 2020s, and we’ll also need to develop a Space Launch System and to send more unmanned missions to Mars to help learn about the Red Planet if we hope to live there.

But it’s going to be a pretty exciting journey - right now we’re on the dawn of a new era of space exploration. What a time to be alive.

Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by kemiola89(f): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
I'd love to be among the first set of human on Mars planet. cool
Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by ratatis(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
@OP.
The information & your moniker.
I don't know which one is more thought- provoking!

I understand that the Russians have more information about the planet Mars than any Country.
Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by Frankenstein: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
ratatis:
@OP.
The information & your moniker.
I don't know which one is more thought- provoking!

I understand that the Russians have more information about the planet Mars than any Country.
Hmm. I have never heard about any Russian Mars program. It has always been NASA. I'd still like to know where you got the information about Russia knowing more about Mars from.
Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by ratatis(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2014
@ OP.
From around 1960 to 1988, the Soviets, after extensive research work, made series of attempts to explore Mars. Their efforts resulted in massive failure & some partial successes. Although, needless to say, they incurred heavy loses in terms of money, time & labour, they, however, tumbled on some startling facts about the "Red Planet", Mars, most of which were kept as classified information.
Later, their outer-space program was mainly geared toward the exploration of the planet Venus, which appeared to be comparatively successful.
Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by Frankenstein: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
ratatis:
@ OP.
From around 1960 to 1988, the Soviets, after extensive research work, made series of attempts to explore Mars. Their efforts resulted in massive failure & some partial successes. Although, needless to say, they incurred heavy loses in terms of money, time & labour, they, however, tumbled on some startling facts about the "Red Planet", Mars, most of which were kept as classified information.
Later, their outer-space program was mainly geared toward the exploration of the planet Venus, which appeared to be comparatively successful.
They could have stumbled on something very exciting. Little wonder the US is spending billions of dollars on NASA to colonize Mars. Something is certainly fishy.
Re: NASA Plans To Put Humans On Mars By 2030 by ratatis(m): 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmmmh!
Some of these facts appear to be so novel & sensational that publicising them would cause a lot of public panic & outcry.
Even here on earth, there're some clandestine experiments being carried out in some laboratories.

(the experiments on the subject of your "moniker" is a case in point. Thank God it has been banned. But who knows........)

(1) (Reply)

5 Sci-fi Fantasy Weapons You Didn't Know Already Exist / How To Download On.com App For Iphone And Apple Ios / Shodan: The Scary Backdoor Search Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.