Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,594 members, 7,861,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

INI Edo Finally Opens Up On Crashed Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / INI Edo Finally Opens Up On Crashed Marriage (2734 Views)

Caroline Danjuma, Returns To Nollywood Amid Rumours Of Her Crashed Marriage / Dabota Lawson Deletes Instagram Account Over Rumour Of Crashed Marriage / Ini Edo Tweets About Her Crashed Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INI Edo Finally Opens Up On Crashed Marriage by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
NOLLYWOOD actress, Ini Edo, has maintained a low profile ever since her marriage crashed, with many alleging she is the cause of the breakup.

Reports have it that the actress, who attended the Golden Icons African Movie Awards (GIAMA), which held in Houston, Texas, United States, last month, practically avoided the red carpet. She was also said to be in low spirit throughout the exciting show.

Edo, responding to rumours of infidelity as reason for her crashed marriage said, “I have always been a one-man lady.”

She said she is “usually at a loss” when she reads stories about her sexual relationships. “It is really astonishing when people just manufacture stories, give them legs and let them fly when they know the stories are absolutely false.”

The thespian who was recently voted as Nollywood’s Sexiest Actress noted that it is legitimate for men to have designs and desires on stars, but that does not translate to falling for every man that makes advances.

“I was raised well by my parents and I have always been a one-man lady. All the sexual shenanigans that the media have associated me with are all false. The problem with our journalists is that, if they saw you at a coffee shop with a man just any man even if that man is your cousin or brother, they will automatically assume that is your new lover, and without asking questions, will rush to publish that you were seen at a coffee shop with a new lover.”

She said she has lost count of the number of such innocent outings with family members or friends that the media has misconstrued.

“What the media failed to understand was that I had not allowed stardom and celebrity to becloud my values. What they did not realise was that I wanted to be married, and start a family, and that the notion that I was some kind of a sexually crazy and hormone raging young woman, was totally false.

“Did I have friends in the past? Of course, just like any other young and single woman out there, I had friends. Did that make me an out-of-control sexual goddess? Absolutely not! It has been very painful for me each time I read all the stories written about me, stuffs that are patently false. I have, however, come to accept it as part of the price you pay for stardom. I just wished they could do a little investigation before rushing to publish.

“One story that pained me a lot is the notion that I snatched Philips from his ex-wife Ruth Okoro while she was recuperating from cancer treatment. Nothing could be further from the truth. The ex-wife said I was callous and mean-spirited to have done so. Initially, I had wanted to ignore what she said about me, but I would like to use this medium to state that I did not take Philips from Ruth Okoro”.

Re: INI Edo Finally Opens Up On Crashed Marriage by LaurelP(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ok we don hear
Re: INI Edo Finally Opens Up On Crashed Marriage by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
If i catch u..
LaurelP:
Ok we don hear

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! Meet Kylie Jenner's Long Lost Twin Sister, Dani / Married Woman Kills Herself because Her Boyfriend Fail To Marry Her / Cossy Display 'big Boobs' In Her Costume At The Festival In Bayern -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.