Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

I Just Wanna Know Why. - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / I Just Wanna Know Why. (1245 Views)

Just Wanna Make Some Friends BBM ONLY 5697018A / MY HUBBY IS AVOIDING ME.....I DO NOT KNOW WHY / Just Wanna Go Out: Where Can I Hang Out In Abuja: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2006
i've noticed this and it has happened to me lots of times.pls,pardon me if there is alraedy a thread on this topic but i just want to know something here. why is it that girls find it easy to end their love relationships at the expence of a guy's emotions just because the guy is younger?guys,i'm sure u know what i'm talking about cos u may have come accross such thing in life.i really don't see any point in that and like i said,mek una no vex for me if there is a post like this existing shocked. i will appreciate it so much if i can get honest replies from u.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by kiki(f): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2006
because the youger a guy is d dumber they are even a guy of d same age with a gurl is still dumb cos d gurlz are always smarter like i heard guyz think with their homones
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by Douzy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2006
First, a girl who is older than you are is more likely to be more experiened than you are.  This is something girls don;t really appreciate, even if they may try to hide it.  It is in their nature to seek in a man someone who appears and really is much stronger than they are, which would then give them the sense of security they look for when in the presence of their man.  Often they want a man who would sort of goad them around.

An upcoming American female R&B/Hip-Hop artist says in her first single, Complete, "Nobody wants to be with somebody that lets you have your way all the time,  Everybody wants to be with somebody that's strong,  Cos when you're weak, you need somebody that's gon' pick you up and make you complete."  These words are an apt description of what girls want from their man.  So germane those words are to the issue at hand, because girls would rather see these qualities in guys that are older than they are, no matter how burly the younger man may look.

Second, they all talk about us when they are among themselves, and none of them would love to talk about being with a younger guy in their girl circle, as this may make her appear rather too weak and scared in the eyes of her fellows.  She wants to show her girls that she is in a relationship with someone who can really take care of her and not that she's using a poor little boy.

Every girl needs a bossman, and she would more likely find one in an older guy.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by iice(f): 6:29am On Aug 12, 2006
First of all, this does not only happen if the man is younger, it happens even if he is older.
Douzy:

Second, they all talk about us when they are among themselves, and none of them would love to talk about being with a younger guy in their girl circle, as this may make her appear rather too weak and scared in the eyes of her fellows. She wants to show her girls that she is in a relationship with someone who can really take care of her and not that she's using a poor little boy.
Secondly i disagree with Douzy on this one, if a woman is comfortable in herself to know what she wants, she can very well tell her friends she digs younger guys (of course with explanations/clarifitions as to why so) wink
Lastly, age is not always relative to maturitiy, there are some guys who might be young of age but very matured enuff to handle his biz (his life and woman)
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by Douzy(m): 6:40am On Aug 12, 2006
Ok, I may have over-generalised, but from statistics, it appears the points are mostly the case. Well, iice, good thing you're a female. Since you appear not to be much in agreement with ma points, may be you'll be in a better position to tell us why it's "often" so that girls prefer older guys. I think I would love to know more about this.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by iice(f): 6:48am On Aug 12, 2006
That's why i said some guys may be young but they are matured. Sure it's a given that with age comes maturity, but every once in a while you get proven wrong. I know a few guys who are younger than i am but very matured. But generally women tend to prefer older men because it signifies maturity plus, i guess some of us still carry the mentality(for lack of a better word) of the old days where it was only deemed acceptable to marry a man older. Times have changed and the 'man' is not the only one who has cornered the market of dating someone younger than his age.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by Douzy(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2006
Ok, iice. I think we are saying virtually the same thing. Welcome aboard!

*digressing* Time to shower, I"m outta here!!!
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by iice(f): 6:54am On Aug 12, 2006
LOL yes we are except on the point you that i quoted from you grin
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by Raymand(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2006
does this really matter?
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2006
thanks y'all for ur contributions and i quite agree with some of u but disagree with the rest.
@ kiki.i will disagree abit with ur opinion cos u are making this ''dumb'' thing of younger guys the base of ur point.it only has little to do with what i'm talking about.see,if a guy approaches a girl or vice versa and from the guys attitude and behaviour,she falls for him.don't tell me that the guy will automatically start behaving dumb or the girl will start seeing him as dumb as soon as he tells the girl his age.nah,i don't think so and moreover,i'm not talking about a guy that is 3 or more years younger cos that will be stupid.i mean something like 1 or 2 years so pls,i will like to hear more from u on this matter.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by kiki(f): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2006
i don't mean dumb like that but u know gurlz are more inteligent than boyz of d same age so talkless of someone they are older than so their some things the girl are gon see d boy doing and she gon think its dumb dats what i meant
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2006
@ Douzy.thanks bro. for responding and i respect ur points.what baffles me is ur wide knowledge of the female needs when it comes to males.probably u were a female in ur former life(hope no offence).talking about experience and strenght in a younger guy,that is something that will be attributed to individuals and not a general stuff.as a matter of fact,i know a few ladies that are married to younger guys and are living happily as if it were older men.so don't give me that ''strenght and experience'' stuff and expect me to concur with u.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2006
@kiki.''gurlz are more inteligent than boys of d same age''(u wish).how are u gonna prove that to me.when i was in high school,i took the 1st to 3rd position throughout my six years and those years i lost my 1st position,it was a boy that normally takes it up and maybe a girl in the 2nd position so what are u gonna tell me now?
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2006
@iice.thanks so much.i've noticed that u are the only one on my side.infact u are really an ice because u jus dey cool me down like sey i dey for fridge.lol
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2006
Raymand:

does this really matter?

oh yes,it does.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by kiki(f): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2006
well i can't really prove it but i think statistic did that what i heard
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 12:24am On Aug 13, 2006
well kiki,i can't really agree with u cos there isn't enough facts to support ur arguement.anyway,that was a nice try.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by kiki(f): 1:06am On Aug 13, 2006
yeah i know i ain't really got enough facts to prove u wrong but trust me i'm gon find it and use it against u and atleast i tried
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by SIRyungy: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2006
chamoni,i see a point in what u are saying.although i've not been through such thing but i know some guys that have lost their babes just because they are younger.i don't really blame the girls for their actions but i think they should atleast consider the guy's emotional feelings before taking such decisions.
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by iice(f): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2006
@Chamoni, lol yes hope ma cooling did ya lots of good grin grin
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2006
oh yes dear,it did.lol
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by Douzy(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2006
chamoni:

@ Douzy.thanks bro. for responding and i respect your points.what baffles me is your wide knowledge of the female needs when it comes to males.probably u were a female in your former life(hope no offence).talking about experience and strenght in a younger guy,that is something that will be attributed to individuals and not a general stuff.as a matter of fact,i know a few ladies that are married to younger guys and are living happily as if it were older men.so don't give me that ''strenght and experience'' stuff and expect me to concur with u.

Ok, Chamoni, I wasn't making a categorical nor generalised statement. It's only a matter of numbers (statistics). You can try to find out the ratio of younger men marrying older women to that of older men marrying younger women (all living happily).

They say I look like my mum. May be, I'm her living incarnate, lol!
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by chamoni(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2006
I won't try to find anything about the ratio of women with older or younger husbands because that's not why i started this thread.

anyway,nice to know u are ''moommyy's son''lol
Re: I Just Wanna Know Why. by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2006
intresting

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Friend / I Want A Mature Sexy Damsel For An Intimate Romance / Ibadan Guys And Babes.... Drop Your BB Pin And Whatsup Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.