Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read (2780 Views)

My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book / Crude Oil Price In Ibb/abacha Years Vs Price In Obj/gej Years. / Adolphus Wabara And Fabian Osuji Are Among The Most Corrupt In Obj Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 2:34am On Dec 14, 2014
Have you Read Obj "my watch" ?

18 Critical Things Former President Obasanjo Said About President Jonathan In His New Book

"In the area of corruption, we have been going back steadily from the inception of Yar’Adua’s administration when the ‘hunter’ became the ‘hunted’," Obasanjo states. "Under Jonathan we seem to have gone from frying pan to fire. If in the past corruption was in the corridors of power, it would seem now to be in the sitting room, dining room and bedroom of power."

In his scathing new autobiography, My Watch, former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo made a series of critical assertions against current President Goodluck Jonathan.

Due to the nature of the content, an ally of President Jonathan attempted to use a court order to block the publication of the book.

President Jonathan also personally contacted the former president to appeal that the book not be published until next year, after the 2015 presidential election. Despite this My Watch launched yesterday, Dec. 9, in Lagos, in the presence of prominent political figures and officials.

Review of the three-volume text by SaharaReporters noted that the elder statesman holds nothing back, characterizing Mr. Jonathan as weak, callous and incapable of managing Nigeria.

He also criticizes the handling of the Boko Haram insurgency crisis, the PDP, and the Governors Forum, among other things. Excerpts from some of the most significant critiques are below.

On President Jonathan's character:
Jonathan is lacking in broad vision, knowledge, confidence, understanding, concentration, capacity, sense of security, courage, moral and ethical principles, character and passion to move the nation forward on a fast trajectory.

Although he might wish to do well, he does not know how nor does he have the capacity to. To compound his problem he has not surrounded himself with aides sufficiently imbued with the qualities and abilities to help him out.

Most of them are greedy hangers-on or hungry lacklustre characters interested only in their mouths and their pockets

President Jonathan can still make amends to save himself, many of his associates in government, his government, and the nation. If, in the end, he fails he will have no one but himself to blame.

He has great opportunities, many of which only come once in a lifetime; and if he misses them it will only be due to his inadequacy, myopia, personal interest and self-aggrandizement, lack of sagacity, wisdom. I hope he can and will avoid having any cause for regret.

The longest period that I have met one-on-one with the president was for one hour and ten minutes. That whole time, the president talked about nothing that was in the interest of Nigeria; instead he kept pointing out his supposed enemies and various matters that would not serve his interests.

I could not stop myself from blurting out: “Mr. President, no Nigerian should be your enemy. You have to rule over all of them whether or not they like you. Please, you have to be like rain falling on good and bad people alike.”

An elder statesman who formed a close relationship with President Jonathan very early in his presidency came to the conclusion, after six months, that the president has not got what it takes to lead.

It was the same elder statesman who reportedly tried to jolt the president into action by telling him that there were five presidents in Nigeria, and these were his wife the first lady, Deziani, Oduah, Ngozi and the president himself, and that he was the weakest of the five.

On corruption:
In the area of corruption, we have been going back steadily from the inception of Yar’Adua’s administration when the ‘hunter’ became the ‘hunted’. But under Jonathan we seem to have gone from frying pan to fire. If in the past corruption was in the corridors of power, it would seem now to be in the sitting room, dining room and bedroom of power.

If what is called ‘corruption’ is stealing, under the watch of Goodluck Jonathan, then government has become legalised and protected robbery.

The presidency had instructed EFCC to remove a vital document in Gbenga Daniel’s file in their custody, to assist getting Gbenga Daniel off the hook. All these cases were reported to the president and were known to him; but because they involve the president’s interests, directly or indirectly, no action has been taken.
With the 2011 elections, heavy financial prices were paid to Lagos and Ondo State opposition political leaders to secure the vote for the president, against the interest of PDP at the state level...

The situation where the president surreptitiously invited Bola Tinubu, lifting him at night by presidential aircraft from Lagos to Abuja to hatch a plan for Bola to support one PDP presidential candidate at the expense of all other PDP candidates for any office in Lagos, can only be described as obscene, unethical, corruption-ridden and a show of bad leadership...W

hatever amount of money was given to Bola Tinubu to procure votes for the 2011 presidential election in Lagos was, to say the least, unnecessary. What made this phenomenon particularly bad was that government had raised the money from government transactions which fuel corruption.

I got a warning that this administration was attempting to induce two of my daughters, including Iyabo, to do a dirty job. I warned them both against it, but because of her character, the influence of her mother and her attitude, Iyabo succumbed; the other daughter did not.

On the Boko Haram insurgency, the insecurity crisis, and #BringBackOurGirls:
I was in Sierra Leone on the day Boko Haram [bombed] the UN building in Abuja. As soon as I returned to Nigeria I called the inspector-general of police to hear his views on the issue. I was not impressed with his explanation.

I also talked to the then national security adviser and his explanation was substantially blank. I went to Jonathan, the president, on the same issue. His reaction, and his view that Boko Haram were ‘a bunch of riffraffs’ left me even colder.

The one incident that overtly and graphically exposed the ineptitude, ineffectiveness, inefficiency, carelessness, cluelessness, callousness, insensitivity and selfishness of Goodluck Jonathan was the abduction of about 276 school girls from Chibok in Borno State by Boko Haram.

The reaction and attitude of our president and his household was non-belief, to the extent that 18 days passed before he grudgingly concede to accept the reality of the abduction. If serious action had been taken within 48 hours, the story could have been different.

I was not surprised that the president went dancing twenty-four hours after the Nyanya explosion that took seventy-five lives. I also found believable the statement allegedly credited to the president after both the Nyanya explosion and the Chibok school girls abduction to the effect that since some people in the North had said that they would make Nigerian ungovernable, they could keep on killing and abducting each other.

If these girls are not released, it will be a big dent on the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan, and a dark blot on Nigeria’s reputation and history; and, for years and indeed decades, Nigeria will continue to live with the agony and memory of the action and inaction of leadership regarding the Chibok school girls.

But what is more, a bad precedent would have been created; Boko Haram has tasted blood and will always want more… Who knows, another group of terrorists might have learned from Boko Haram. This time it is Chibok; next time it could be Ibogun or Otueke.

Vice-President Biden had categorically told Jonathan during the African Summit in Washington in August 2014 that with the state of his governance and the level of the destruction of the military, they would not be able to help Nigeria.

On PDP and party politics:
A political party, and its leadership, that condones corruption and engages discredited people to abuse and insult genuine, authentic and objective critics is a political party on the path of ruin and destruction.

The PDP must be rescued from that path, otherwise it will soon fade into history. Criticism, particularly objective criticism, is an indispensable element of democracy and a democratic dispensation.

PDP would need to be brought back to being a well-led, disciplined and respected, harmonious party that can easily win elections, rule and govern, and not one sacrificing the party’s interest for personal gain, setting governors of the party against each other, supporting candidates of other parties against candidates of the party as it happened in Lagos, Edo and Ondo States, and harassing credible leaders of the party and seeking to replace them with criminals and dubious characters in order to further presidential interests.

On the Nigerian Governors Forum election crisis:
Two governors from the [PDP] - Liyel Imoke of Cross River and Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta States - and Godswill Akpabio from Akwa Ibom State by himself, came to me in Abuja, appealing to me to intervene in the situation of the Governors’ Forum, particularly in the disagreement within the PDP governors.

Akpabio said starkly in his frank and outspoken manner: “We have messed up and don’t leave us alone. For me, I don’t want to go to jail and my children are too young. I will report our meeting to the President.” Nobody, including President Jonathan, would like to go to jail, and he knew he could, depending on how things turned out or failed to shape from then on.

I have always seen the Governors’ Forum as a type of trade union as they behave that way most of the time. [Jonathan] told the story of how Obong Atta was relieved of his position as chairman and Lucky Igbinedion was enthroned by less than fifty percent of the governors, and of how Bukola Saraki manoeuvred the Forum to serve his presidential ambition
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by FastShipping: 4:05am On Dec 14, 2014
Eye opening.....
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by ephemm(m): 5:57am On Dec 14, 2014
The "Oro" masquerade has thrown the stone...
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2014
We just can't fold our hands while GEJ and his people continue to loot and ruin the future of this country.Let's vote wisely.

Last election I voted GEJ (not PDP) believing he will be a great man and take Nigeria to a greater height but I was wrong.we can't continue to allow PDP cluelessness and carelessness attitude.Let's VOTE WISE.
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by Ayobamms: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
Okupe must have been racking his brain on which response to give. Change on air!

1 Like

Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by sademola: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2014
This Baba!
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by DahtzFestjayz: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by juman(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2014
Nonsense.

Obj ruled this country more than any other nigerians.

When obasanjo left aso rock in 2007, he had ruled this our country for more than 24.468% of the entire life span of this our dear nation.

He is a major destroyer of this country. A country that has no functioning system. All the country's institutions are not working.
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
juman:
Nonsense.

When obasanjo left aso rock in 2007, he had ruled this our country for more than 24.468% of the entire life span of this our dear nation.

He is a major destroyer of this country. A country that has no functioning system. All the country's institutiions are not working.

That's not the point, the point is that he knows Nigeria like the back of his hands and he's speaking the TRUTH,whether you believe it or not OBJ made GEJ a president but who cares if GEJ has been a great leader as we all expected him to be.

Although OBJ ruled this country for 8 years under the watch of corruption and rotten PDP and no physical or mental development or project were recorded but corruption were at its minimal and the whole country criticise it.
During OBJ admin, Alayemeisiya and some other governors were tried or probed in one way or the other.

EFCC where partially active and some they where left to do their jobs.
Believe me, I'm not a fan of Obasanjo as a former president or his supporter when he was ruling us infact I never liked him but we can't deny the fact that he's speaking the truth about GEJ and his thiefing PDP.

For the first time in my life I hear someone says ''Corruption is not stealing'' came out from a president of a country...not just a country but NIGERIA. I want CHANGE, I want development.May GOD help us

#VOTEOUTPDP #VOTEORSUFFER

4 Likes

Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
An intellectual Professor BC this on my BBM I think I should share with you all:

ON BUHARI'S AGE..I must say that most times when we allude to old age as a minus, regarding the change we seek, in a generation where lucre & quick fixes sways loyalty, what we need first is a return to lost values. Like Lee Kwan Yew said in his book FROM A THIRD WORLD TO A FIRST WORLD ECONOMY 'the first thing to fix is corruption, the second thing to fix is corruption & the third thing to fix is corruption, once you fix corruption the people will begin to take responsibility both for their families & the state, then state growth & development becomes a given'. To restore lost values & begin a proactive fight against corruption Buhari fits the bill. He is old & like the concept of a dying man's declaration in Law, he will not be scared to ruffle the feathers of the corrupt politricktians around. In 6yrs GEJ has handed over the ship of state to big self-centered businessmen & corruption drives the nation, all indices of growth are convoluted because such statistics cannot stand. Do you remember the global meltdown was the result of corruption & impunity in Wallsteet whilst the Main-street suffered, GEJ will plunge us into deeper economic mess before long & we shall come bare face with reality, what we need NOW is to fight corruption, & Buhari fits the card, once we defeat corruption we shall discover that with 30% of the funds budgeted every year we shall have more development than we have seen in 10yrs. Deep thinking will save us, I'm not daft nor am I ashamed to say Buhari fits the present imperative, I ran for the office of the President as a 40year old in 2011 because I believe that my generation can & should BUT believe me the rot that presently exists needs more than just youth to tackle, a man of Buhari's antecedents is prime. Disagree or agree what I have laid bare is the TRUTH, I'm not a Buharist nor do I belong to the APC but I'm ready to lead an INDEPENDENT CAMPAIGN FOR BUHARI God-willing.

Prof Chris Nwaokobia Jnr. Pin:7F35E1F5
Pin:27169311.

Pls Share
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by juman(m): 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
MurphyInc:

On President Jonathan's character:

Jonathan is lacking in broad vision, knowledge, confidence, understanding, concentration, capacity, sense of security, courage, moral and ethical principles, character and passion to move the nation forward on a fast trajectory. Although he might wish to do well, he does not know how nor does he have the capacity to.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/09/18-critical-things-former-president-obasanjo-said-about-president-jonathan-his-new-book

Above was how he described a man he forced on the country as vice president through rigging of election in 2007.
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
juman:

Above was how he described a man he forced on the country as vice president through rigging of election in 2007.

Wether he forced him on us or not the bottom line is that its the masses suffering it outcome.

The only weapon we have is our vote so leats come together and #Votepdpout
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2014
Jonathan Second term Ambition And A Schoolgirl’s Diary.

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A GRADUATE TO KNOW THAT; *Am not going to vote for someone who once had no shoes and school bags as a student but now has lots of shoes and bags but made students go on strike for about Eight (cool months.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for someone who could not rescue about 230 school girls but still has plan to rule a country of about 200million people. *NEVER, am not going to vote for a grown up man who took advice from a 17year old girl (pakistan little girl Malala Yusufzai) before he could make his own decision.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a black commander of Army who brought white marine soldiers to do his job for him and still nothing was done.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a government who could not provide job for my elder sister who has a Master's Degree.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for a man that Boko Haram are killing his own people everyday and has no plan on how to stop the killing but continue blaming people for his non-performance and he can’t wait a minute when military took over power in Burkina Faso, he went there to stop the killing over there in Burkina Faso but could not stop the killing in his country.
*Finally am not going to vote for ANYBODY who needs One Billion American Dollars to solve an Insurgency (Boko Haram) while the ordinary man on the street do not even get (#100) hundred naira to eat. You can scold me for speaking the truth, don't forget the truth is bitter but it is better and it MUST be told so that we'd be free (John 8:32). All we need is CHANGE and nothing else…. Please we all need to get our (PVC) Permanent Voters Card to vote this Clueless, Visionless and Wicked Government out of power. Another four years of Jonathan will be doom for us. Please dont sell your vote cause the money they will offer you cannot sustain you for another four years. We should all stand up and say Capital NO.
Please Share Widely.
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by Adminisher: 10:34am On Dec 15, 2014
juman:
Nonsense.

He is a major destroyer of this country. A country that has no functioning system. All the country's institutions are not working.

Obasanjo's ills are over exaggerated here. Nigerians are a bunch of cowarde or maybe under spiritual enchantment not to see the truth. The man.who destroyed Nigeria was Babangida followed by Abacha. Abacha 's damage was contained by the smallness of the chopping circle.
However the point is not even about Obj, the point is that nothing the man wrote has been controverted yet and is mostly true. So as for me i am praying to almighty God and will work assiduously to remove jonathan from power.

2 Likes

Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Adminisher:

Obasanjo's ills are over exaggerated here. Nigerians are a bunch of cowarde or maybe under spiritual enchantment not to see the truth. The man.who destroyed Nigeria was Babangida followed by Abacha. Abacha 's damage was contained by the smallness of the chopping circle.
However the point is not even about Obj, the point is that nothing the man wrote has been controverted yet and is mostly true. So as for me i am praying to almighty God and will work assiduously to remove jonathan from power.

Well said bro
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by romme2u: 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
MurphyInc:
Jonathan Second term Ambition And A Schoolgirl’s Diary.

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A GRADUATE TO KNOW THAT; *Am not going to vote for someone who once had no shoes and school bags as a student but now has lots of shoes and bags but made students go on strike for about Eight (cool months.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for someone who could not rescue about 230 school girls but still has plan to rule a country of about 200million people. *NEVER, am not going to vote for a grown up man who took advice from a 17year old girl (pakistan little girl Malala Yusufzai) before he could make his own decision.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a black commander of Army who brought white marine soldiers to do his job for him and still nothing was done.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a government who could not provide job for my elder sister who has a Master's Degree.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for a man that Boko Haram are killing his own people everyday and has no plan on how to stop the killing but continue blaming people for his non-performance and he can’t wait a minute when military took over power in Burkina Faso, he went there to stop the killing over there in Burkina Faso but could not stop the killing in his country.
*Finally am not going to vote for ANYBODY who needs One Billion American Dollars to solve an Insurgency (Boko Haram) while the ordinary man on the street do not even get (#100) hundred naira to eat. You can scold me for speaking the truth, don't forget the truth is bitter but it is better and it MUST be told so that we'd be free (John 8:32). All we need is CHANGE and nothing else…. Please we all need to get our (PVC) Permanent Voters Card to vote this Clueless, Visionless and Wicked Government out of power. Another four years of Jonathan will be doom for us. Please dont sell your vote cause the money they will offer you cannot sustain you for another four years. We should all stand up and say Capital NO.
Please Share Widely.

Bro, wakeup from ur slumber. dont blame ur inabilities on the government. no government can provide 50% of its citizen's needs. even the US who tried to give foodstamps have not been very successful. EVERY government on earth has its merit n demerits. your job is to align urself and grab all the opportunity u can. don't wait for government to share money, it won't happen.
Re: MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read by MurphyInc(m): 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
romme2u:

Bro, wakeup from ur slumber. dont blame ur inabilities on the government. no government can provide 50% of its citizen's needs. even the US who tried to give foodstamps have not been very successful. EVERY government on earth has its merit n demerits. your job is to align urself and grab all the opportunity u can. don't wait for government to share money, it won't happen.

Come on, I think you are the one that needs to wake up from your sleep.you need to go and learn what Democracy is, you also need to do some research on the duty/function of the Head of state or a President.

Who told you I need government pity,who told you I'm hungry ? For your information i'm not doing this for a selfish reason,things must change in Nigeria,its high time we take our leaders responsible for their stupid actions.they take us for a fool, let's get together and stop any visionless government.

We all know every country have its own problem but the question is what is our government doing to tackle the problem in Nigeria.now tell me when last you see obama dancing on national TV.GEJ dance always while some kids, women dying in the north daily..is it beause his family is not among the victims.okay now,tell me how would you feel if a relation of yours is among the dead or kidnapped ones.use your brain.

(1) (Reply)

Apc Is Like The Church Of Satan-pastor Tunde Bakare / PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers / Inec’s Card Reader: The Game Changer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.