Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

$500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years (840 Views)

Speaker Dogara Flies To Delta In Private Jet To Commission Church Altar / Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters / The Niger Delta In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by auwal87(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
Revenue Allocation, Foreign Aids, Oil Price Rise Profits, etc etc combine, the Niger Delta received upto $500 Billion in 6 Years, that is 2 Million Naira for each citizen of the Niger Delta region. The aim of this thread is to find out who's fault is it for Niger Delta's suffering, is it their own Rulers, Governors, and Politicians or the fault of the Federal Government, at least with the $500 Billion they received they can get Good Healthcare services, Good Schools, Good Roads, and become the finest region to live in the country.

I'm not backing the Federal Government, I even want each state in Nigeria to control 100% of its resources. That is if the Division of the country isn't possible now, then let all states of the Niger Area control 100% of its resources, at least no one will blame each other for its under-development, poverty, etc.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by RibaduFan(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
Uncountable billions made from Nigerdelta in recent years[color=#990000][/color] - iyen to n ko?
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by auwal87(m): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2008
yemmyse:

Uncountable billions made from Nigerdelta in recent years[color=#990000][/color] - iyen to n ko?
This is not answer, we know 85% of Nigeria's money is from the Niger Delta, but the Niger Deltas received this amount in 6years, what have they done with it? They deserve 100% of the money Nigeria gets. But the question is what did the Niger Delta Governors did with that money? if they get the 100% of the money, are they going to do anything better for their region? Thats the question.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by RibaduFan(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2008
I ve noticed that any time am having a discussion with u I need to break it down, real down.

U dont starve the hen laying the golden egg. That's the whole idea.

Would u rather give lose 90% of ur earning or give just $500b in 6 years?
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by RibaduFan(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
Believe it or not one of the elements of capitalism is welfarism. Get as much as possible, but give as much as is needed to keep ur source happy. And that is the part the Nigerian govt does not understand.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by auwal87(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
Yea, it is better you get 100% of the resources and dump d money in Foreign Banks, at least you will not blame other regions for your Poverty, you will blame your leaders. I think its okay from here, the answer is the Niger Delta governors have done nothing for their own communities, but still seeking more money. This proves they are only Trouble Makers not looking for ways to improve the lives of their communities. Welfarism? It is Evil in its entirety. What a worthless region full of worthless people.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by RibaduFan(m): 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2008
Yea, it is better you get 100% of the resources and dump d money in Foreign Banks, at least you will not blame other regions for your Poverty, you will blame your leaders. I think its okay from here, the answer is the Niger Delta governors have done nothing for their own communities, but still seeking more money. This proves they are only Trouble Makers not looking for ways to improve the lives of their communities. Welfarism? It is Evil in its entirety. What a worthless region full of worthless people.

AUWAL

Am not from the Nigerdelta. What ve they done to you to deserve the enboldened comment.

Have they masacred ur people?

Have dey looter ur treasury?

Have they impriosed ur sons and daughters?

Have they polluted ur land?

Have they consumed ur resources out of greed?

Have they taken the lion share of ur God given resources?

Have they imposed their religion and poverty on u?

For once put urself in their shoes and ask urself truthful, what if it were u?
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by ow11(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2008
auwal87:

Revenue Allocation, Foreign Aids, Oil Price Rise Profits, etc etc combine, the Niger Delta received upto $500 Billion in 6 Years, that is 2 Million Naira for each citizen of the Niger Delta region. The aim of this thread is to find out who's fault is it for Niger Delta's suffering, is it their own Rulers, Governors, and Politicians or the fault of the Federal Government, at least with the $500 Billion they received they can get Good Healthcare services, Good Schools, Good Roads, and become the finest region to live in the country.

I'm not backing the Federal Government, I even want each state in Nigeria to control 100% of its resources. That is if the Division of the country isn't possible now, then let all states of the Niger Area control 100% of its resources, at least no one will blame each other for its under-development, poverty, etc.

Niger Delta is part of Nigeria and the same problem affecting the country affects the people there. ND leaders are as corrupt as the Nigerian leaders. You should be aware that the 2007 selection that brought Musa to the throne was funded by ND leaders and part of that $500billion was used to bribe people all over the country.

All Nigerian leaders from the ex-military rulers to the current ones steal public funds and continually do so. Therefore, hand picking '$500b' as an issue to discuss is just dealing with the crust of the problem.

The ND suffering is the fault of the Nigerian government (Federal, State and Local) and also many states and LGAs in Nigeria will not survive without monthly allocation. Salaries will not be paid and public services where they exist will grind to a halt!

Finally, you are a simpleton with no knowledge on how Nigerian politics work. A few days ago, NL was agog with posts condemning the usual systematic murder of Nigerians by Hausa scoundrels in the name of election fraud perpretrated by a party which brought forth a Hausa man through fraudulent means as president of Nigeria. When a Hausa man was the product of electoral fraud they were all happy and as soon as the fraud didn't favour them, they picked up machetes and started killing Innocent people that had nothing to do with PDP.I wouldn't be too far off to assume that you are bitter that the $500b wasn't given to an oligarch in the north to share amongst his goons.

The people of ND are not perfect but they are no worse than those gworo chewing hicks that have the priviledge of being lumped together in the same country as the Niger Deltans.The average northerner is poor and so is the average Niger deltan therefore I can also comfortably say the North is full of theiving elites with no sympathy for their worthless brothers.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by oderemo(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2008
does it matter if its one trillion dollar, its there oil let them spend it whichever way they prefare.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by Muza(m): 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
I'm confused o,
Then wat are those militants terrorists fighting for?
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by ow11(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
Muza:

I'm confused o,
Then what are those militants terrorists fighting for?

They aren't fighting for anything other than territorial control so that their sponsors in PH and Abuja can have more access to the oil wells in the area to continue their business 'bunkering'.

It is all about plundering Nigeria's resources and impoverishing the populace.
Re: $500 Billion Sent To Niger Delta In 6 Years by Muza(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2008
ow11:

They aren't fighting for anything other than territorial control so that their sponsors in PH and Abuja can have more access to the oil wells in the area to continue their business 'bunkering'.

It is all about plundering Nigeria's resources and impoverishing the populace.
cheesy grin lol grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Where Was Obama Born? Hawaii Or Kenya? / Local Govt. / Describe Your First Ever Encounter With The Nigerian Police Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.